VIDEOGAME Thread...

i will get the current gen console when the witcher 3 comes out. until then it is 7 days to die for me.

I think that The Witcher 3 is delayed until 2015, Bran.

yeah i know, it is the only current gen game i care about :lol:

Interesting post-mortem on Shenmue at GDC, but no Shenmue III announcement :(

Between this and the highly unlikely chance of new music tomorrow, it's Crushing Disappointment Week for me :'(

i will get the current gen console when the witcher 3 comes out. until then it is 7 days to die for me.

Me too. Well, Dragon Age Inquisition too (and Fallout 4 and the new Elder Scrolls, but they are way off).

I actually just started The Witcher 2 for the first time a week ago or so. Just started Chapter II.

Me too. Well, Dragon Age Inquisition too (and Fallout 4 and the new Elder Scrolls, but they are way off).

I actually just started The Witcher 2 for the first time a week ago or so. Just started Chapter II.

the witcher 2 was awesome. the novels are pretty good as well, worth the read to read more about geralt and his story. as for dragon age i hope it is good, i will definitely pick it up on 360. the translation of the third book was supposed to come out in march but i have been busy reading the new stormlight archive to see if it has been translated or not.

i was thinking about getting a current gen to play the elder scrolls online, i was hesitant due to the cost of the game but i played the beta at a friends house for a couple of hours and it was dull as can be. so for MMO playing i will stick with fallen earth on the PC.

Some cool new info on AC here:

http://kotaku.com/leaked-images-reveal-one-of-this-falls-two-assassins-1547111652

Looks all good to me, I just hope both games get a PC release. I do agree that AC is getting borderline overexposed. The board game was really unnecessary. The HD remake of Liberation is a great thing though, as fans who didn't have PS: Vita will now be able to play the game (which is canon with main story) on PC, I plan to soon.

I liked the first Dragon Age, heard the second one was vastly different from the first, and was less interesting.

you heard right :lol: the first one was very strategic and felt like i classic bioware game. the second one while still having a party was way more hack n slash and kind of mind numbing to be honest. the story of 2 is crap, and it is relies on really crappy dungeons that are all the same. the third one is supposed to merge the best of origins and 2 which i hope works out for the best.

http://kotaku.com/leaked-images-reveal-one-of-this-falls-two-assassins-1547111652

Looks all good to me, I just hope both games get a PC release. I do agree that AC is getting borderline overexposed. The board game was really unnecessary. The HD remake of Liberation is a great thing though, as fans who didn't have PS: Vita will now be able to play the game (which is canon with main story) on PC, I plan to soon.

After being severely disappointed with III, I was pleasantly surprised to call Black Flag the best one yet.

• Like 1

I liked the first Dragon Age, heard the second one was vastly different from the first, and was less interesting.

you heard right :lol: the first one was very strategic and felt like i classic bioware game. the second one while still having a party was way more hack n slash and kind of mind numbing to be honest. the story of 2 is crap, and it is relies on really crappy dungeons that are all the same. the third one is supposed to merge the best of origins and 2 which i hope works out for the best.

Yeah, but Merrill is adorable!

Edited by PappyTron

After being severely disappointed with III, I was pleasantly surprised to call Black Flag the best one yet.

1000000000000000000% agree, can't stress this enough. IV had still had some physics issues, and the story quality was questionable at times, but the mechanics of the world, the graphics/textures, the fighting (land and sea), and the openness of the world were superb. Story wise, Brotherhood is probably still my favorite game. But in terms of fun? I would probably say I enjoyed IV the most.

The French Rev. setting for the next flagship game is cool, but I don't want them to revert back to a smaller world like III had. I do trust Ubi though, literally every time they make a statement about a forthcoming game they are 100% correct in what they're saying about it. Hopefully as official information starts to become revealed we'll get a better idea of how this next game is going to work, and how it will be different/similar to IV.

i think the french revolution is a great setting for AC, i just hope the game stays open and the world continues to get bigger. at the same time i just hope they dont overkill the franchise with the number of games.

• Like 1

I just saw this count down of the 100 best video games; I saw Slash and Richard Hammond talking about the same game as I tuned in around 20, don't know what game it was though.

Interesting pairing.

Really? Never thought they were gamers. Perhaps they're talking about gh.

GH?

i think the french revolution is a great setting for AC, i just hope the game stays open and the world continues to get bigger. at the same time i just hope they dont overkill the franchise with the number of games.

Agreed, as long as each game is genuinely good, and substantively adds to the series/story, I'm okay with them releasing many more games for the foreseeable future.

I just saw this count down of the 100 best video games; I saw Slash and Richard Hammond talking about the same game as I tuned in around 20, don't know what game it was though.

Interesting pairing.

Really? Never thought they were gamers. Perhaps they're talking about gh.

GH?

Agreed, as long as each game is genuinely good, and substantively adds to the series/story, I'm okay with them releasing many more games for the foreseeable future.

I tuned in, saw Richard Hammond and was like 'woa, that's Richard Hammond!' - didn't pay attention to what he said, just that it was Richard Hammond, then Slash came on concluding with something like 'That game's addictive' or something, then it said 'And at number 20...' They didn't use Slash for anything else as I watched, Lars made an appearance once, Slipknot once, Richard Hammond came back for the game that made it to number one... So he wasn't in it much either... There was a bunch of people in it. Apparently Robin Williams plays C.O.D

Edited by Snake-Pit

I found AC3 a chore to get through, but I'd invested so much time in the series I wasn't about to miss the end of Desmond's story. Black Flag on the other hand was brilliant, definitely the best since Brotherhood. It's the first time since renovating Rome I've felt the desire to upgrade everything and complete all the side missions.

How have people found the MGS5 prologue?

I found AC3 a chore to get through, but I'd invested so much time in the series I wasn't about to miss the end of Desmond's story. Black Flag on the other hand was brilliant, definitely the best since Brotherhood. It's the first time since renovating Rome I've felt the desire to upgrade everything and complete all the side missions.

i played it at a friends house. the game itself is quite fun, but being only 2 hours in length for 30 bucks is a ripoff.

i played it at a friends house. the game itself is quite fun, but being only 2 hours in length for 30 bucks is a ripoff.

Kind of.

I am still annoyed with the price but there is lots of content on the disc and there is no way you can 100% it in 2 hours.

I've played through the main mission twice and those took an hour each doing different things.

Done two of the side-ops on normal and completed them with an S ranking and that took about 2 hours.

Still got two side-ops to play, have to unlock the final one by collecting all the XOF patches of which I have 3/9 and I still have to find most of the cassette tapes.

In total I have probably put in 5 or so hours and am on 22% completion.

With that being said, the fact there is lots of content on the disc doesn't excuse the fact the main mission is between 1-2 hours long and can be completed in under 9 minutes if you know what you're doing.

It's like putting out an Assassin's Creed game where the main mission only takes an hour to complete but there is lots of added content there as well outside of it which is bullshit with the main game to come later. To use an analogy, you buy a steak dinner for the meat, not the chips, gravy and sides. This is like buying a steak the size of a butterfly and saying it is okay because the sides are larger than that and you get a larger steak later on.

Honestly I don't understand the logic in what Kojima did here, either release it for free or at a reasonable price of $15. I fear he is setting a dangerous precedent here, especially as the main game is allegedly due out early next year I don't understand why he didn't hold this back and release it together with The Phantom Pain.

Assassins Creed- Was super excited in 2005 and 06 for it. It came out, I liked it but it was disappointing as hell

Assassins Creed II- Masterpiece. Took me a while to finish but one of the few sequels that fixed everything wrong about the previous one

Assassins Creed Brotherhood- Skipped it

Assassins Creed Revelations- Got overwhelmed and never got to it or Brotherhood

Assassins Creed III- The hype got me excited but canceled my preorder when people didn't like it. Skipped it

Assassins Creed IV Black Flag- Holy shit this game is amazing, have it on Xbox one

Kind of.

I am still annoyed with the price but there is lots of content on the disc and there is no way you can 100% it in 2 hours.

I've played through the main mission twice and those took an hour each doing different things.

Done two of the side-ops on normal and completed them with an S ranking and that took about 2 hours.

Still got two side-ops to play, have to unlock the final one by collecting all the XOF patches of which I have 3/9 and I still have to find most of the cassette tapes.

In total I have probably put in 5 or so hours and am on 22% completion.

With that being said, the fact there is lots of content on the disc doesn't excuse the fact the main mission is between 1-2 hours long and can be completed in under 9 minutes if you know what you're doing.

It's like putting out an Assassin's Creed game where the main mission only takes an hour to complete but there is lots of added content there as well outside of it which is bullshit with the main game to come later. To use an analogy, you buy a steak dinner for the meat, not the chips, gravy and sides. This is like buying a steak the size of a butterfly and saying it is okay because the sides are larger than that and you get a larger steak later on.

Honestly I don't understand the logic in what Kojima did here, either release it for free or at a reasonable price of $15. I fear he is setting a dangerous precedent here, especially as the main game is allegedly due out early next year I don't understand why he didn't hold this back and release it together with The Phantom Pain.

That all sounds about right to me. I really enjoyed playing it, and whilst I detoured a bit my first go at the mission lasted about two hours. I think it would've been perfect were it a XBLA/PSN download. I knew what I was getting myself in for, so I don't care too much. It's made me very excited for Phantom Pain. It could've and should've been a bit bigger, and a bit cheaper, but I enjoyed my initial play through and I've still all the side missions to do.

Seems like it should've been released as prologue standalone, similar to how Freedom Cry has been released as DLC for AC4 but also as a standalone title.

I think what adds to the gameplay time is also the fact it is much harder that previous MGS titles, especially with reflex mode and marking turned off.

One thing that kind of annoys me is that Kojima talks how it is a tutorial for The Phantom Pain which is kind of bullshit, one of the first missions in TPP will be getting Kaz back from Afghanistan as shown in the E3 trailer which will be structurally very similar to this mission. If this was a true tutorial it needs to be included in the retail version of TPP which it won't be, unless they release a Special Edition with it.

Edited by Tater Totts