VIDEOGAME Thread...

Always wearing of being ripped off by them to be honest.

yeah i can see that as well. i havent run into that problem yet, personally but it has happened in the past to people. i try to back things that have a good shot at hitting their target goal or something that is put out and somewhat playable. the 7 days to die game is like that. it is only in alpha but i feel i got my moneys worth even if they fail to add anything more to the game :lol:

First Kickstarter project I've ever backed. So excited, one of my All-Time Top Ten games:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/outcast-reboot-hd/outcast-reboot-hd

This must be the 2nd game from Infogrames that i did not played. Is really that good?

I was waiting for it for a couple of years as a kid, which seemed like a lifetime then. Needed 500MB of harddrive space, which I just didn't have then, was the most I'd ever seen for a PC game back in '99. Action-adventure game, action wasn't so hot but the adventure part was fun. Music was great:

There was a sequel in production for PS2 and PC but it got canned because of poor sales of the first. I remember I bought it in Canada in Summer '09 when visiting cousins there, they bought Half-Life GOTY edition instead. I was like, WTF is this stupid game you guys are playing, this Outcast game will go down in history! :lol:

Downloaded Hitman Absolution for Xbox (it's free right now)...got bored like 4 hours in. Every level ends in a dark rainy scene with you sneaking past cops in a muted-blue/gray building ridden with debris.

I hate that this is the truth, but I've lost so much passion for video games. I used to be able to get a game and just play it for 8 hours, not thinking about anything else in the world, like that game and my kitchen were the only things in existence. And I know that sounds like a sad existence but I enjoyed it and I wish I could get "in the zone" like I used to be able to. Now when I play, I have a lot of trouble getting immersed, because of the other thoughts in my head, like school/girlfriend/work/whatever. I don't know if it's a part of growing up or video games getting to be too much of the same.

I wasn't even able to complete Skyrim.

• Like 2

You're growing up mate, its very rare that I can spend prolonged periods of time gaming anymore and when I do there is a month or so break before I play again.

Im old and i still make time for gaming. No more than 4-6 hs per week, but i get to play with my kids some kick ass cooperative games. The Lego ones are pretty good.

You're growing up mate, its very rare that I can spend prolonged periods of time gaming anymore and when I do there is a month or so break before I play again.

Im old and i still make time for gaming. No more than 4-6 hs per week, but i get to play with my kids some kick ass cooperative games. The Lego ones are pretty good.

Sounds awesome man.

What I kind of meant was when you start to grow up you no longer spend entire weekends gaming away in your room. Time is much more restricted so you have far less playing time.

Sounds awesome man.

What I kind of meant was when you start to grow up you no longer spend entire weekends gaming away in your room. Time is much more restricted so you have far less playing time.

No, in my case i got 2 big obstacles to do that. One, time. The other, it's difficult for me to get hooked by today games. They focus almost everything in visuals. Not in gameplay or sound.

I finished Skyrim and Fallout 3 / NV in a couple of months, but cos they got a little bit of everything. In overall Skyrim was a let down, i expected way more.

Guess it depends on what games you go for really. It is very rare I do for a visually stunning game and prefer to go for smaller games with something unique to them. There are lots of games out there that have unique gameplay or sound but it is rare that they are marketed as well as AAA titles.

My uncle is letting me borrow Rayman Legends for PS4. Looking forward to checking it out and probably getting pissed off with it.

I hear it's a blast. Everyone says it's one of the better platformers from the past few years. I look forward to playing it eventually.

I've been waiting to get Origins and always missed it so I will probably pick both of them up in the Steam Sale this summer. Heard excellent things about both of them.

Find it stunning that back in 2007 Rayman had been killed off to make way for the Rabbids franchise, very glad he made a resurgence as Rayman 1, 2 and 3 were some of my favourite games as a youngster.

Has there been ANY news on Fallout 4 or the next game in the Elder Scrolls series (not Elder Scrolls Online)?

nope, there is rumors of a potential reveal this weekend but i doubt it and would not hold my breath. as for the elder scrolls i think that one will be a ways off, as for TES online it fucking sucks :lol:

Has there been ANY news on Fallout 4 or the next game in the Elder Scrolls series (not Elder Scrolls Online)?

nope, there is rumors of a potential reveal this weekend but i doubt it and would not hold my breath. as for the elder scrolls i think that one will be a ways off, as for TES online it fucking sucks :lol:

That's what I thought about TES Online, Bran. Hopefully something on Fallout 4 will be forthcoming. Oh, I finished The Witcher 2 a while back and asked a few questions on it; I'd love to see your answers:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/92138-videogame-thread/?p=3714522

Edited by PappyTron

didnt see that post my bad :lol: for the witcher 2 my first play around i was pretty similar to yours minus a couple differences.

i killed sile and i killed the dragon, which after going to the lorveth path i felt bad about :lol:

i beat that game so many times i probably did every outcome at least once :lol:

Edited by bran

I really enjoyed it, but don't think that I could play it through a second time. Also:

Dragon lady was the hottest :P

:lol:

yeah i played that game so many times, same goes for the first. i will only get a new system for the witcher 3. you should check out the books you would like them.

I really enjoyed it, but don't think that I could play it through a second time. Also:

Dragon lady was the hottest :P

:lol:

yeah i played that game so many times, same goes for the first. i will only get a new system for the witcher 3. you should check out the books you would like them.

I want to play the first, but the way that the combat is handled looks terrible - clicking in rhythm just seems so....skill-less.