VIDEOGAME Thread...

Well the new Kinect is a big improvement over the first, however as the first was shite consumers don't want a new one.

I still haven't played with any kind of Kinect. What have your experiences been like?

Well the new Kinect is a big improvement over the first, however as the first was shite consumers don't want a new one.

I still haven't played with any kind of Kinect. What have your experiences been like?

Played with both.

The original was a glitchy mess but I still had fun depending on what I was playing.

Tried the Xbone version when a coworker brought his into the office, I was impressed by it and it worked well but there are no games and it is quicker and easier to use a controller to navigate the menus rather than using voice control.

Finally played Skryim. Talk about an overrated game!

Really? I think I loved it at the time - but I struggle with replayability now. I couldn't imagine starting over haha.

Morrowind was really the peak of the Elder Scrolls series.

Oblivion was great as well but Skyrim felt both bloated and empty at the same time.

i agree. i like syrim but its not morrowind or daggerfall. the thing about morrowind and daggerfall(which are the 2 best elder scrolls games IMO) is that the way some mechanics worked in the game you could really lose yourself in the game for weeks and weeks on end. i mean going around doing odd jobs in daggerfall just to afford to have your prized sword or axe fixed at the black smiths shop(which in game took 2 weeks to get back) just made you feel in the game.

not to mention the fear of getting your ass handed to you when diving in crazy hard dungeons or in a special area, that you are not prepped for(gold was not easy to come by). the problem with skyrim was, i just could not get immersed as much in the game. they had all these blacksmithing devices created and they were basically worthless since armor doesnt break or wear down, a sword can never become dull once sharpened. gold was crazy easy to get in the game, and enchanting basically makes an already easy game a walk in the park. then on top of that they fucked up the guilds in skyrim. to me daggerfall and morrowind had perfect guild systems(and oblivion to an extent) the only saving grace was the dark brotherhood IMO.

for all that skyrim was still a solid game, unlike the elder scrolls online which is a steaming pile of dogshit. :lol:

Edited by bran

Mate of mine had the original. As a kid I thought we were just rubbish at it, but it really was unplayable:

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/15/jurassic-park-trespasser-remake-aims-to-make-good-on-long-lost/

Heard a lot about Trespasser mods over the years, let's see how this one turns out.

Had it as well but it kept crashing on the third level. Could have been good but was too ambitious.

I was interested in a WiiU because I am a big fan of Mario Kart, unfortunately it seems Nintendo really fucked up Mario 7 and I am fairly sure Mario Kart 8 won't be much of an improvement.

You know the game blows ass when you play online, and the only courses you ever play are legendary courses for fucks sake.

Finally played Skryim. Talk about an overrated game!

Really? I think I loved it at the time - but I struggle with replayability now. I couldn't imagine starting over haha.

Morrowind was really the peak of the Elder Scrolls series.

Oblivion was great as well but Skyrim felt both bloated and empty at the same time.

I can't even tell you how much I played Morrowind when it first came out. Holy shit, I probably lost like a month's worth of time playing it over the years :lol:

God, I want this to happen so bad. I would love to have 1-4 on my XBone in a collection like that. Great way to tide the fans over until Halo 5 and the TV show next year

General consensus on Neogaf (forum that has many insiders) is that while both Sony and MS will have big E3's it will be MS who make the bigger splash and have more memorable announcements as they're in panic mode.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out but I have no faith in MS based on the last few years.

General consensus on Neogaf (forum that has many insiders) is that while both Sony and MS will have big E3's it will be MS who make the bigger splash and have more memorable announcements as they're in panic mode.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out but I have no faith in MS based on the last few years.

MS needs fallout pronto and a big third party exclusive :lol:

MS needs fallout pronto and a big third party exclusive :lol:

Halo 2 Anniversary will sell lots if announced but they need something else, they've rested on their laurels and been a Halo, Gears, Fable and Forza company for years rather than developing anything new.

I want MS to do well as having competition for Sony is always a good thing, I mean look at how bad the PS3 launch was and how well Sony took it to MS to recover. Not saying the same thing will happen here but if the XB1 dies out and we're left with PS4 and WiiU there would be no real incentives for Sony to push boundaries.

A Link Between Worlds has been outstanding so far, best Zelda I've played in a very long time. Getting a lend of inFamous in the next two days, and then it's time for Watch Dogs. I'm not expecting it to be revolutionary or anything, but I'm hoping it can be on par with other open world games like it (Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed etc).