VIDEOGAME Thread...

I ordered my first WWE game since Smackdown 2 (back in 2001) the other day. I got WWE '13 just for the attitude story mode (since I haven't followed it in years and just want to play as old wrestlers). I know WWE 2k14 has some oldies, but it seems like '13 went down that route a little more comprehensively.

I ordered my first WWE game since Smackdown 2 (back in 2001) the other day. I got WWE '13 just for the attitude story mode (since I haven't followed it in years and just want to play as old wrestlers). I know WWE 2k14 has some oldies, but it seems like '13 went down that route a little more comprehensively.

I loved the attitude era mode in 13. I started watching WWE in early 1999.

I've gotten all of the trophies on 2K14 which I'm very proud of.

I'm looking forward to 2K15.

General consensus of Watch Dogs seems to be that it's very good (scoring 8-9/10 in the reviews I've read), just not as fresh and 'unique' as the initial gameplay demo in 2012 suggested. I'm okay with that. Most of the criticism seems to come from the story rather than the gameplay. I did hope for a bit more smartphone/tablet integration though, other than just the multiplayer options. That seems like a missed opportunity.

Edited by Conor

Well, I caved in. I traded my old 360 (which was a worthless, broken paper weight) and Assassin's Creed 4 (beat it and loved it, plus it'll be cheap next year) and just picked Watch Dogs up. I never over hyped it so I know I am going to have a blast. I'll let you know my first impressions later.

Edited by ZoSoRose

Main criticism I've heard is that despite being marketed as a hacking game it seems to take a back seat compared to shooting.

I'm finding that be the case when things go tits up. It reminds me of the more recent Splinter Cell games, if I take my time it's possible to get everything done and hacked without being seen or in some cases even entering the same building, but when things go tits up an AK47 also works. I'm enjoying it, not the mindblowing game expected in 2012, but it's pretty good regardless. It probably would've benefited from being exclusive to PS4/XBO.

dark souls is free on xbox gold live for 360.

That's what I read, but mine is still showing Saints Row the Third.

yeah same happened to me, just go under search for games, type in dark souls and it will be listed as free and you can download it.

Mario kart 8 is amazing. I've been playing with /v/ all weekend. So many funny highlights.

There are infinite reasons to buy a Wii u.

I picked Pikmin 3 for the free game promotion with Mk8 :)

Seen lots of MK8 streaming on Twitch this weekend, good to see that it is getting the attention is deserves.

Don't get me wrong, it should have been next-gen, but you can't really call something next-gen if it's still released on the last-gen consoles. On a somewhat related note, I'm glad the final game in the Arkham series is just for the new consoles, I'm really looking to it.

Looks pretty decent, haven't had a good LOTR game in a while. The gameplay is looking Assassins Creedish, which is very OK with me.

Also, currently replaying FFVII..... didn't remember Barret being so stereotypically inner-city non-white with all of his "yo's" and harsh temperament .