VIDEOGAME Thread...

I managed to get a pretty good deal on a 3DS. The games I've got sorted are Mario Bros 2, Mario 3D, Mario Kart 7, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Luigi's Mansion and Sonic Generations. I couldn't get Ocarina for a decent price, and find a lot of new the Pokemon a little overwhelming/uninteresting so was planning on waiting for these Ruby/Sapphire remakes. Any other games you guys would recommend?

I managed to get a pretty good deal on a 3DS. The games I've got sorted are Mario Bros 2, Mario 3D, Mario Kart 7, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Luigi's Mansion and Sonic Generations. I couldn't get Ocarina for a decent price, and find a lot of new the Pokemon a little overwhelming/uninteresting so was planning on waiting for these Ruby/Sapphire remakes. Any other games you guys would recommend?

Fire Emblem Awakening is a great game if you're into RPG's.

Seems it was more of a tactical shooter with all the commands and stuff. I heard it started out as a kind of strategy game, and as they were developing the camera got closer and closer into the action until it became an FPS.

It was originally going to be an RTS, than third person shooter and finally an FPS.

Yeah, it's interesting how they kept third-person for vehicles, I definitely think it works better, FPSes where vehicles are still in first-person mode always disorientate me.

Wonder if the Xbox was the reason they got reason of tactical commands (i.e. not enough buttons on controller)?

Finally played Skryim. Talk about an overrated game!

Really? I think I loved it at the time - but I struggle with replayability now. I couldn't imagine starting over haha.

Morrowind was really the peak of the Elder Scrolls series.

Oblivion was great as well but Skyrim felt both bloated and empty at the same time.

• Like 2

Finally played Skryim. Talk about an overrated game!

Really? I think I loved it at the time - but I struggle with replayability now. I couldn't imagine starting over haha.

Morrowind was really the peak of the Elder Scrolls series.

Oblivion was great as well but Skyrim felt both bloated and empty at the same time.

I loved it. One of my favourite moments of the last generation was just after you escape at the start, and you follow the path and get your first glimpse at the world. It reminded me somewhat the first time you get into Mexico in Red Dead Redemption, which was absolute perfection.

I don't think the Elder Scrolls age particularly well though. I can't imagine myself starting up Skyrim now as Sandman said, and if you leave a few quests undone for a while it's very difficult to get back into the game.

For me they are similar to most open world games where I have a one and done mentality. There is so much content there and they take so long to complete that I will play through it once and complete the majority of the content that I have no desire to return to it afterwards.

You could of bought a Wii u for the price you paid for a pokemon console!

Starting in June, you can buy an Xbox One for $399.

Guess they gave up on the whole kinnect thing. I think it's a cool idea, but needed more games to support it if they wanted to justify it's mandatory inclusion. They're also unlocking Netflix, Prime, and a few other services that were at one point behind the Xbox Live Gold paywall.

Managed to get the 3DS and those games for around £125 actually, chuffed! I did consider the Wii U actually, but I've so much of a back catalogue on Nintendo to catch up on that I'll think about that in a few years! I've not seen anything from it so far to really make me want to rush out and get one.

The last Nintendo home console I actually owned myself was the N64. Damn can they do handhelds though.

Managed to get the 3DS and those games for around £125 actually, chuffed! I did consider the Wii U actually, but I've so much of a back catalogue on Nintendo to catch up on that I'll think about that in a few years! I've not seen anything from it so far to really make me want to rush out and get one.

The last Nintendo home console I actually owned myself was the N64. Damn can they do handhelds though.

GREAT price. I paid much more for less last year when I picked up a 3ds.

Guess they gave up on the whole kinnect thing. I think it's a cool idea, but needed more games to support it if they wanted to justify it's mandatory inclusion. They're also unlocking Netflix, Prime, and a few other services that were at one point behind the Xbox Live Gold paywall.

I always thought it was kind of shitty to make a Gold account mandatory for Netflix. Now my wife won't have to sign into my profile to watch Netflix.

Have they confirmed that that will be sans Kinect or have they just dropped the price with it included?

Have they confirmed that that will be sans Kinect or have they just dropped the price with it included?

It's without Kinect, and Kinect will be sold separately from November I think.

I often wonder how multi billion dollar corporations can be so utterly oblivious the blatantly obvious. What was all that shite at launch about the One not functioning without Kinect then? Pfft! Bad form Microsoft. Not cricket. <_<

I mean it's clear NOBODY WANTS KINECT. Okay well let's make it compulsory. It's like making a good bumming a prerequisite for joining the catholic seminary.

........oh hang on!!!! :lol:

Edited by Dazey

I often wonder how multi billion dollar corporations can be so utterly oblivious the blatantly obvious. What was all that shite at launch about the One not functioning without Kinect then? Pfft! Bad form Microsoft. Not cricket. <_<

I mean it's clear NOBODY WANTS KINECT. Okay well let's make it compulsory. It's like making a good bumming a prerequisite for joining the catholic seminary.

........oh hang on!!!! :lol:

I can see where they were coming from: the Kinect was underutilised for the 360, by making it compulsory for the One, they'd have a chance at it actually being used.

But it jacked up the price, above that of a rival that is perceived to be graphically superior.

Some things only seem silly with hindsight. Look at the Wii: gimmicky motion controls, stupid name, and graphical performance barely on par with that of the previous console generation. Yet it sold shitloads. People knock Nintendo for lumping the Wii U with an underpowered CPU that wouldn't make much noise to be family-friendly, but based on the success of their previous graphically inferior console, they had no reason to believe it would be an issue this time round.

Kinect was under-utilised because it was shite. :lol: Surely that should have registered?

Also WiiU bombed because all the bored housewives had already bought a Wii and were busy using it as a door stop. The Wii success story sounds great when you read about 80+ million consoles sold but less so when you realise that most of those owners maybe bought two or three games at most.

Kinect was under-utilised because it was shite. :lol: Surely that should have registered?

Also WiiU bombed because all the bored housewives had already bought a Wii and were busy using it as a door stop. The Wii success story sounds great when you read about 80+ million consoles sold but less so when you realise that most of those owners maybe bought two or three games at most.

Can't blame Nintendo for hoping the fad would strike twice :P I played a Wii U for a bit at a friend of a friend's a couple of Xmases ago, I really liked the Nintendoland games which used the screen.

I'm sure the Kinect would have been a greater success if they'd targeted the paedo market with Project Milo:

Now you can play with a strange child in the comfort of your own home!

Just noticed "Claire" has a nice bum. Mmm.