VIDEOGAME Thread...

Nothing too ground breaking from Sony either, kind of surprised about that. Thought they would have something big to reveal.

I wasn't expecting anything ground breaking the year after the release of a new console, but in terms of content I thought they blew Microsoft out of the water. It seems they've the upper hand on a lot of multiplatform games as well. The Master Chief Collection looks great, but Microsoft's big save after their disaster of last year is a big rerelease? No thanks.

Nothing too ground breaking from Sony either, kind of surprised about that. Thought they would have something big to reveal.

I wasn't expecting anything ground breaking the year after the release of a new console, but in terms of content I thought they blew Microsoft out of the water. It seems they've the upper hand on a lot of multiplatform games as well. The Master Chief Collection looks great, but Microsoft's big save after their disaster of last year is a big rerelease? No thanks.

I've seen the opposite. Lots of the PS4 conference was already known with a couple of new exclusives and IPs, same can be said about MS but alot of my friends who own PS4's were more impressed with the Xbox conference because there were a few surprises.

Xbox was all games which impressed me, no mentions of TV or Kinect or Social media. Sony not so much, lots of talk about other stuff rather than games. The conference won't exactly save it but I have seen lots of people on reddit saying they will go out and get an XB1 because of the Master Chief collection, can't say I've seen the same regarding any PS4 announcements.

Sony came across as resting on their laurels, they are in a far better position to MS at the moment and it was the time to really push home that advantage which they didn't really do. They could have done with a huge exclusive like The Last Guardian coming this autumn to really push sales but aside from Driveclub they don't have much which surprises me.

That being said, it is shaping up to be a good year for both consoles and it only excites me for what the future holds. Can't wait to go pick up my PS4 once I finish my PS3 backlog, hopefully it will be done by the time Destiny comes out :awesomeface:

Edited by Tater Totts

Wasn't blown away by Sony, standard E3, a lot of the reveals was predicted. I think my favourite bit was No Man's Sky and that girl on stage "Oddsock" :wub:

GTA was a holy shit moment but was expected. Seems like Xbox has a few more exclusives than Sony.

I don't know if I zoned out but did they just not mention The Last Guardian or Driveclub at all? :lol:

Nintendo later today!!

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker
  • Like 1

Just saw a partial list of the exclusives announced/ shown.

Bolded the games that are confirmed for this release year.

Microsoft: Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Halo Master Chief Collection, Scalebound, Phantom Dust, Crackdown, Inside, Ori, Fable Legends, Project Spark, Below, Halo 5

Playstation: Little Big Planet 3, The Order 1886, The Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted 4, Entwined, Bloodborne
Edited by Tater Totts

Likely won't be getting a next-gen system until this game comes out:

I know most people don't get too excited about a golf game, but it's the only game I actually spend a lot of time playing. Have a backlog of 20 games still to play that I never get to because I'm trying to retain my #1 worldwide position in the rankings.

Based on the games the are coming out this year for each system, I would say that momentum might swing in favour of the Xbox One. Now that the systems are equal in price, even if the PS4 might edge out the Xbox a bit in performance, I think it's going to come down to games. And in that respect, 2014 might see Microsoft regain its footing. Sony looks like they're better positioned for 2015, but other than a few games like Halo and Quantum Break, Microsoft might still have a lot to announce for next year as well.

I wouldn't take much from that exclusive list, Sony did have that video of a load of upcoming exclusive indie games as well, and that Grim Fandango thing. I try to stay on the fence as much as possible with these things, but I don't know, there was nothing that particularly excited me about Xbox's presentation other than the great Halo collection, and I felt like they had a lot of catching up to do after their debacle last year. Sony dropped a bit in the middle, but other than the stupid little comic book series, it all seemed like the majority was about games to me. Playstation TV/Now is pretty much the introduction of Gaikai streaming the a huge back catalogue of games. Anyway, onto more pressing matters, my new wanted list is going to kill me.

And I still can't overlook how much Microsoft tried to fuck me last year :max:

Does anyone remember Hogs Of War? Been playing it on an emulator all day, fantastic game.

Edited by Conor

^Microsoft won this year in terms of exclusives and games I think, Sony had a big amount of little indie exclusives but i mean, come on, how much do you care about those/how long are you gonna play those? They had a lot of exclusive game content but not enough exclusive power hitters, which is how I always feel with them. They announced some incredible features though, like access to PS3 games on a Sony TV, and the new streaming/uploading features. They did great there.

The Master Chief Collection is fucking cool. Halo CE and Halo 2 being released with online capabilities and with Forge (map editor) and probably Theater mode is more exciting than a new Halo game. And Cross-Game-Matchmaking? Wow.

New Crackdown made me smile.

and HOLY SHIT RAINBOW SIX SIEGE

Edited by Jakey Styley

I was pretty disappointed at how short Nintendo's thing was but there was a lot of cool stuff in it. Really looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles X and Bayonetta 2. Yoshi's Woolly World looks nice. Super excited for the new Zelda. Not a fan of Star Fox but the new Star Fox game could be cool, too.

If it ever gets released. Nintendo has fantastic games but they really suffer by only having 3-4 good titles a year.

Was hoping to see a bit more of the games that are coming out rather than short trailers, that is a problem that has effected everyone at E3 but the WiiU has been out since 2012, it really should have more to show.

I just want Nintendo to do well that I have higher expectations for them :P

Now I've reflected on both of Sony and MS's conferences, there is lots to get excited about from both of them but will still need to wait a while for something mindblowing from either of them. In the meantime we have Destiny to keep us occupied. That being said I am very tempted to pick up a WiiU once Smash is out as the library is great at the moment.

Edited by Tater Totts

looking forward to the new dragon age though looks really good, i hope it makes me forget about the disaster dragon age 2 was.

Yeah I don't even like BioWare or especially Dragon Age but that game looks really cool.

it looks sort of like dragons dogma.

the witcher 3 :drool:

Edited by bran

Mr Miyamoto just confirmed he is working on a new Starfox for Wii U

He's currently showing "Project Robot" on the Nintendo Tree house stream.

EDIT: http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/10/miyamoto-says-star-fox-wii-u-has-been-in-development-for-many-years/

Ready this time next year, he just said.

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

That Mario Maker is a nice little feature. I managed to grab a Gamecube with 13 games off eBay yesterday for £45, can't wait to finally get stuck into MGS: Twin Snakes. I've no doubt I'll complain about differences from the original but I've waited this damn long I'm going to enjoy it.

That Mario Maker is a nice little feature. I managed to grab a Gamecube with 13 games off eBay yesterday for £45, can't wait to finally get stuck into MGS: Twin Snakes. I've no doubt I'll complain about differences from the original but I've waited this damn long I'm going to enjoy it.

The differences aren't that bad, after a long wait you probably won't notice many of them. Hardcore MGS fans hate it though.

The differences aren't that bad, after a long wait you probably won't notice many of them. Hardcore MGS fans hate it though.

I don't know if I'd consider myself a hardcore MGS fan so hopefully it'll be alright. I'm going to play through them all before Phantom Pain, just trying to work out whether to do it in release order or timeline order. I've still not played Peace Walker yet, I've got it in the HD collection but just never bothered to get around to it.

I don't know if I'd consider myself a hardcore MGS fan so hopefully it'll be alright. I'm going to play through them all before Phantom Pain, just trying to work out whether to do it in release order or timeline order. I've still not played Peace Walker yet, I've got it in the HD collection but just never bothered to get around to it.

Release order. Always release order. It makes the storyline much more powerful that way, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Release order. Always release order. It makes the storyline much more powerful that way, in my opinion.

Yeah I suddenly reconsidered when I remembered the VHS of The Godfather trilogy I had was some ghastly chronological order gobshite :lol: Plus, that makes it easier to get through everything before Phantom Pain!

Yeah release order is best, otherwise some references and other stuff will be lost on you.

I've played them all plenty before, but the last time I went to do anything like this it was simply a case of 1-2-3. I was always a bit shit at Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, are they really worth the effort or do I already know all the important story points? I remember having Ghost Babel, that little thing was the tits.