VIDEOGAME Thread...

I think what adds to the gameplay time is also the fact it is much harder that previous MGS titles, especially with reflex mode and marking turned off.

One thing that kind of annoys me is that Kojima talks how it is a tutorial for The Phantom Pain which is kind of bullshit, one of the first missions in TPP will be getting Kaz back from Afghanistan as shown in the E3 trailer which will be structurally very similar to this mission. If this was a true tutorial it needs to be included in the retail version of TPP which it won't be, unless they release a Special Edition with it.

You're right there. I found the first section of the mission,

retrieving Chico
, to be a walk in the park. Christ though, the next part certainly stepped it up a gear (excuse the pun). I turned reflex off as soon as I heard about it, and I'll turn marking off for another run through on hard once I've done the collectables. I must say, it was very refreshing playing one of the side missions and immediately jumping in the tank and tearing shit up. I'm looking forward to that in the Phantom Pain.

I think what adds to the gameplay time is also the fact it is much harder that previous MGS titles, especially with reflex mode and marking turned off.

One thing that kind of annoys me is that Kojima talks how it is a tutorial for The Phantom Pain which is kind of bullshit, one of the first missions in TPP will be getting Kaz back from Afghanistan as shown in the E3 trailer which will be structurally very similar to this mission. If this was a true tutorial it needs to be included in the retail version of TPP which it won't be, unless they release a Special Edition with it.

definitely have to turn off reflex mode, with it on it is almost like an easy mode :lol:

definitely have to turn off reflex mode, with it on it is almost like an easy mode :lol:

Unless you're pro like me and never let them see you in the first place ;)

retrieving Chico
, to be a walk in the park. Christ though, the next part certainly stepped it up a gear (excuse the pun). I turned reflex off as soon as I heard about it, and I'll turn marking off for another run through on hard once I've done the collectables. I must say, it was very refreshing playing one of the side missions and immediately jumping in the tank and tearing shit up. I'm looking forward to that in the Phantom Pain.

My second playthrough I was curious if you could get Paz first and you could, ran to the admin building and extracted her where you start off then ran to get Chico and saved the other 4 prisoners as well. Must say that I am very impressed with how versatile the gameplay is on several different playthroughs.

Unless you're pro like me and never let them see you in the first place ;)

retrieving Chico

My second playthrough I was curious if you could get Paz first and you could, ran to the admin building and extracted her where you start off then ran to get Chico and saved the other 4 prisoners as well. Must say that I am very impressed with how versatile the gameplay is on several different playthroughs.

Did you manage to save Chico before Paz's vag-bomb went off?

That's pretty awesome though. Hopefully the full world has just as many paths and options about how to go about a base, I was actually running to hide and found an alternative route to crawl in the vents, it was great! It's been a while since I played an MGS and completed forgot about the concept of crawling under things :lol:

Did you manage to save Chico before Paz's vag-bomb went off?

That's pretty awesome though. Hopefully the full world has just as many paths and options about how to go about a base, I was actually running to hide and found an alternative route to crawl in the vents, it was great! It's been a while since I played an MGS and completed forgot about the concept of crawling under things :lol:

Yes I did as the cutscene didn't play until both of them were on the helicopter.

Same as, when I went for Paz first I cut across the helipad to enter the admin building from the South West (I think) and after tranquilizing an enemy I found a vent which took me somewhere completely different than the door.

Still need to practice though, got an A for my second attempt but it took around an hour again and I still killed some enemies.

For now, I'm feeling that DS 2 is a tad easier than the first. I've always felt that Smough was what turned that double fight hard and that orny was a wimp and I would kick his ass if I could fight him alone.

My wish was granted. Except for that dark bead spell, kicking his ass was so easy. Same moves, same boss.

I hope that the old dragonslayet won't be as shit as orny's in Ds.

Anyways, I'm definetely getting the pc version.

a little update on my 7 days to die playthrough.

so i set up a base in an abandoned police station which was fine and good for about 7 or 8 days game time(6 or 7 hours of gameplay) i was trying to finish crafting some fortifications and was chopping down trees until sunset, which attracted a massive zombie horde, im talking a horde the size of the one that hit hershels farm in season 2 of the walking dead :lol:

i managed to kill quite a few at the front of my base with a hunting knife and crossbow, then they broke through my floor, while others broke through my skylight. i then used my handgun to kill quite a few until i ran out of ammo. zombies broke through the front at this time and i just jumped out my window and ran to a brick building and hid with just a knife until daylight.

i then went back killed most of the horde, they basically destroyed my base. so i decided to then just build my own fort in a new location. im building it out of cobblestone. i have the floor in and done and a good number of the wall finished. i also built a crafting shack out of cabin wood behind my fort, so i can put my forge for making ammo,tools(axe,shovel,pickaxe,sledgehammer) and glass bottles as well as my campfire for cooking and boiling water.

Edited by bran

MGS V update!

Completed the four side-ops with an S ranking today, some are very easy but others are really hard to get an S rank for.

Need to replay the main mission and get my S ranking there and then collect the XOF badges to unlock the Deja-Vu extra-op.

After than it will just be a matter of collecting all the other cassette tapes, unlocking the trials and finishing a couple of the side-ops again to get a couple of trophies.

So far I would estimate I've played about 6 or 7 hours and have 37% completion.

Assassins Creed- Was super excited in 2005 and 06 for it. It came out, I liked it but it was disappointing as hell

Assassins Creed II- Masterpiece. Took me a while to finish but one of the few sequels that fixed everything wrong about the previous one

Assassins Creed Brotherhood- Skipped it

Assassins Creed Revelations- Got overwhelmed and never got to it or Brotherhood

Assassins Creed III- The hype got me excited but canceled my preorder when people didn't like it. Skipped it

Assassins Creed IV Black Flag- Holy shit this game is amazing, have it on Xbox one

No no no no no no no. Brotherhood was excellent, was maybe my favorite game before IV came out. Revelations was a blast as well. Both well worth the $50 I spent on them when they came out. Don't you want to finish Ezio's story/see where his life goes? Brotherhood was the game that really fixed the mechanics issues the two previous games had, it's what I consider the first of the second gen. AC games.

Should still play III, even though I agree it was a let down, it's still fun, and Desmond's story is pretty important - though I guess you've found out most of what happens to him by playing IV. I'm sure Brotherhood, Revelations, and III could be gotten for pretty cheap now anyway.

Just got my S rank for the Ground Zeroes mission. Wasn't too bad actually, 23 minutes to complete, 6 prisoners rescued including the two main ones and three retries. Got about 63000 points which is more than enough for that rank, time to get the XOF patches and cassettes now.

Assassins Creed- Was super excited in 2005 and 06 for it. It came out, I liked it but it was disappointing as hell

Assassins Creed II- Masterpiece. Took me a while to finish but one of the few sequels that fixed everything wrong about the previous one

Assassins Creed III- The hype got me excited but canceled my preorder when people didn't like it. Skipped it

Assassins Creed IV Black Flag- Holy shit this game is amazing, have it on Xbox one

No no no no no no no. Brotherhood was excellent, was maybe my favorite game before IV came out. Revelations was a blast as well. Both well worth the $50 I spent on them when they came out. Don't you want to finish Ezio's story/see where his life goes? Brotherhood was the game that really fixed the mechanics issues the two previous games had, it's what I consider the first of the second gen. AC games.

Should still play III, even though I agree it was a let down, it's still fun, and Desmond's story is pretty important - though I guess you've found out most of what happens to him by playing IV. I'm sure Brotherhood, Revelations, and III could be gotten for pretty cheap now anyway.

brotherhood was awesome. yeah III was a let down but it was still a fun game to play.

MGS V update!

Completed the four side-ops with an S ranking today, some are very easy but others are really hard to get an S rank for.

Need to replay the main mission and get my S ranking there and then collect the XOF badges to unlock the Deja-Vu extra-op.

After than it will just be a matter of collecting all the other cassette tapes, unlocking the trials and finishing a couple of the side-ops again to get a couple of trophies.

So far I would estimate I've played about 6 or 7 hours and have 37% completion.

The Deja-Vu mission is the most fun I've had in a game in a while. It's just ridden with Easter Eggs, a lot of which are beyond the basic objectives.

brotherhood was awesome. yeah III was a let down but it was still a fun game to play.

Unfortunately I don't get a whole lot of time to play these extensive games anymore, but I actually really enjoyed ACIII. ACI was a good idea but poorly executed, ACII was incredible and ACIII was an extremely flawed masterpiece. Had a lot of problems with it but I actually really enjoyed it. Definitely one of those games where you shouldn't let media reviews dictate to you whether or not you will like it.

Its not that I thought they looked bad, I just got overwhelmed with the yearly releases. There are so many great franchises out there now its hard to keep up considering an Assassin's Creed game could take me a year to finish!

I do wan to see Ezio's story but don't care about the present day timeline. I wish they didn't have the animus story and just linked the games through the templar conflict throughout history.

I'm planning on getting the three I missed during Steam sales so no worries

Edited by ZoSoRose

I kept hearing so much about it so I decided to get it and give it a shot. It's refreshing and addicting as hell. Turn-based combat with RPG elements, with a pretty damn funny storyline and lots of side quests.

Remember: Never fart on anyone's balls.

So has anyone played South Park: The Stick of Truth? This game is surprisingly amazing :lol:

Played it at work on a coworkers laptop, will pick it up when it is in a Steam sale.

My thoughts exactly.

Played some Dead Island tonight - got past the first bit for once haha. It's okay, annoying that the weapons keep breaking... 5% of the game completed. Result. If anyone wants to co-op and help, that'd be good. I assume you can do that?

And played some CS:GO - it's actually been improved in the last few updates, playable at least!