Film Thread

ssiscool

I swung by a dvd store when I was in the city a couple of hours ago, and picked up Juno. :)

Didn't like it, I saw it in the cinema with some girl mates of mine and I just got complained at for listening to The Doors during the film. It wasn't a bad film by no means but it just wasn't my thing.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swung by a dvd store when I was in the city a couple of hours ago, and picked up Juno. :)

WHY?! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY?!

Truly dreadful film. All I can say is I'm glad I got the £4 student rate to watch it.

Wasted an hour of my life. After the hour I left. And I NEVER leave films. It was THAT bad.

Redeemed only by the occasional good song.

All round ridiculous film.

Though, thats just my opinion =]

It's a good movie.

Beside's it's got the Wizard Of Fucking Gore!

-Cheech and Chong Up In Smoke

-American History X

-Bride Of Chucky(hilarious)

-American Pyscho

-Full Metal Jacket

And I'm currently watching Final Destination.

Watched Super Troopers a few hours ago and I stand by what I said earlier in this thread, it is one of the funnies movies ever. I assume everybody else here loves it.

Also watched Goldfinger (and hired out Dr. No and Licence To Kill), the older movies are really clumbsy, especially compared to the fantastic books (which are really worth a read for anyone who loves the movies).

Myers just does the same things he's always done but as a Guru - it's pretty unnerving. Funny how it was also about Ice hockey, somehow it was.

I hope "Maradona - Hand of God" is better.

Yeah, that's why I said it's basically Austin Powers, only he's a Guru. But I'm a huge Mike Myer's fan, so he could make tons of movies like these and I'm positive I would find all of them funny.

Saw a couple of Harry Potter films with a girl this morning. Hermoine (sp?) is smokin'. :wub:

Oh, and I also fell asleep to a really cool film about the KGB and the Stalinist Soviet administration called The Inner Circle or something.

Edited by Lithium

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Right now I am downloading Iron Maidens concert on Ullevi in Göteborg 2005. That was an awesome concert and I was there. It's not a movie, I know, but I wanted to tell about it, and since it's in video format, I thought it wouldn't be all to wrong to post it here. Quiet slow downloading though, so I'll have to wait for two days if it continues in this speed.

I've not seen Notebook yet. My friend raves about it and she generally knows her films. I'll have to check it out soon.

James McAvoy puts forward one of the performances ever in Atonement easily. It's basically impossible not to be taken in by the tragedy of it all. How he didn't win an Oscar for it is beyond me...

I've not seen Notebook yet. My friend raves about it and she generally knows her films. I'll have to check it out soon.

James McAvoy puts forward one of the performances ever in Atonement easily. It's basically impossible not to be taken in by the tragedy of it all. How he didn't win an Oscar for it is beyond me...

if your friend likes The Notebook she might like A Walk To Remember too ;) Nicholas Sparks....kinda corny but it all depends on what you respond to really. is corny the word im looking for? no, i dont think it is...overly sentimental? possibly but...still not exactly quite what i mean.