Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Lethal Weapon. It wasn't very good.

WTF are you talking about?

It might be time to turn your man card in... Mel's suicide scene alone makes the movie great. That and Clapton's guitar score throughout the movie.

There are a few great scenes in the movie, but some of the dialogue and acting was pretty bad in the movie. And when I thought about it, I dunno if I'd hire a psycho, suicidal cop (though I liked Mel's character in the movie, I was just fishing at this point). It was a decent movie, but I think it's largely overrated. Wasn't nearly as good as Die Hard, in my opinion, all four of them, for that matter.

Watched Lethal Weapon. It wasn't very good.

WTF are you talking about?

It might be time to turn your man card in... Mel's suicide scene alone makes the movie great. That and Clapton's guitar score throughout the movie.

There are a few great scenes in the movie, but some of the dialogue and acting was pretty bad in the movie. And when I thought about it, I dunno if I'd hire a psycho, suicidal cop (though I liked Mel's character in the movie, I was just fishing at this point). It was a decent movie, but I think it's largely overrated. Wasn't nearly as good as Die Hard, in my opinion, all four of them, for that matter.

Well not many movies are better than Die Hard.

The first two Lethal Weapon movies kick ass. Did you watch it on tv or dvd?

Watchmen: The Director's Cut is getting a limited theatrical release. In 4 states only I believe it will be shown. Good thing I live 40 minutes from Hollywood and whenever something limited is released, you can be sure it will be playing there.

On another topic, at first I was totally opposed to the idea of remaking A Nightmare on Elm Street but I think Jackie Earl Haley will do a great job an am very excited to see what the final freddy looks like.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Watched some western called Appaloosa or something like that yesterday. I enjoyed it.

The new Harry Potter film is coming in two days. I'll go and watch it some day.

Recently watched:

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Uncle Buck

Silver Streak

Stir Crazy

Stripes

I enjoyed all of them, but I think Silver Streak was my least favorite, with PTAA and Stir Crazy being my favorites.

I would say Silver Streak is my favourite out of them, watched Clue last night.Funny film with a very nostalgic feel to it, i pine for the films of the 80's

saw bruno today. It just isn't that funny. I mean, yah, certain parts are but the majority of the film is the same joke about stuff getting put in his ashwitz, ashwitzel, whatever he decides to call his ass at the given moment.

public enemies was fantastic. Depp is always great.

I saw 21 not too long ago and I enjoyed it a lot.

I just picked that one up not long ago. Very good movie. Kevin Spacey is one of my favorite actors.

I just saw it this morning....I finally caught it at the beginning so I decided to watch it. Kevin Spacey is always fantastic, and Jim Sturgess impressed me yet again. I think his performance was flawless in Across the Universe as well as this movie.

Edited by EternalFlame

Don't see the amazingness of it or haven't seen it?

Dude, seriously, use more fucking grammar.

sorry, dont see the amazingness. its just...i dunno, certainly not "one of the most powerful pieces of cinema i've ever seen" far from it. theres almost no artists left in the mainstream medium.

Atonement is one of the better pieces of cinema out there, and is "classic" to me. It's very moving and dramatic. Very real-- nothing is too fantasized. That is what makes it a wonderful movie. That, and Keira Knightley's extraordinary talent.

Just watched Doubt. The symbolism and foreshadowing were more or less spoon fed and the movie relies heavily on Streep and Hoffman for any appeal. It felt absurdily similar to Omen/Exorcist.

Cool Hand Luke. Ace fucking movie. "Hey, Boss, you forgot your walking stick"

Sometimes I wonder who'd win in a fight: Cool Hand Luke vs. Bodhi vs. Man With No Name.

Saw Harry Potter last night. *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

I didn't exactly have high expectations for it or anything but, as the majority of other people said; 'What a load of shite'. I can't remember even reading the book - though, it's in my book cupoard, so I must have. The film focuses a lot on the main characters' relationships with other members of the opposite sex. So, Ron gets a girlfriend, Hermione's all jealous/depressed because of this and Harry's portrayed as a bit of a lothario. Obviously, this film is highlighting the fact that they've really grown up and are now adults. Ok, we get that. Not that much information is given away about The Half Blood Prince either - even though that's the name of the film, it doesn't seem to be much of an issue. Draco gets all darker and mysterious in this one and barely talks, he's just seen skulking about in empty rooms and dark corridors, with the occasional conversation with Snape. This film doesn't seem as dark as previous ones. More about them getting laid.

Hopefully the next film will start directly where this one left off, as it finished with a massive cliff hanger - actually, considering the seriousness of what happened towards the end, it ended on a bit of an anti-climax. All in all, I foudn it quite slow-paced and it's definitely not the best Harry Potter film made.