Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

Axl I want to thank you for taking the time the clear things up for us you talking to the fans these past few days means a lot to myself and others on this board and the others that you have appeared on.

I don't know if you are going to post in this topic anymore tonight but if u do I personally just want to thank you because (Sorry if this sounds cheesy) but you and your music has inspired me and also been there for me through the good times and bad times

So I just want to wish u the best and I can't wait to see what GNR has in store for the fans

Thanks again for doing this

I wish you and the rest of the GNR crew a safe Holiday season

Cheers N Beers

Wow. Thanks for the time, effort & energy that obviously went into that, Axl. In a few paragraphs...you shook up over a decade of "common knowledge" misconceptions.

My head's spinning. My copy of the Slash autobiography...is a hardcover paperweight (in all honesty, I never went into reading that book thinking it was anything but one guy's opinions set to his own agends. As are all autobiographies)?

Again: thanks for your time and effort. It's much appreciated.

No offense, but Axl sounds bitter as fuck. Especially about Slash. We're supposed to believe that everything that has happened is someone else's fault and EVERYTHING we've been told about him are all lies.

I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

I don't think he's that bitter but probably sick and tired of the 15+ years of "Axl is bad, Slash is good". For my money you're right, the truth IS probably somewhere in the middle.

No offense, but Axl sounds bitter as fuck. Especially about Slash. We're supposed to believe that everything that has happened is someone else's fault and EVERYTHING we've been told about him are all lies.

People love sayin' that middle trip. Easy to say but not so easy to prove.

Unfortunately it's not in the middle and I can back up every last line in my bit or I wouldn't be here.

You love his work and whatever else. More power to you!

And no, I'm not bitter at least in the sense of how you used it conveys. Felt good gettin' some of that off my chest and as I said that's just the tip.

If that's your honest impression it's definitely not rose colored lenses you're wearing. And I looked up the definition of bitter once in a pocket dictionary and got "having anger at something unjust or evil". I'm not angry but when I am with this particular someone who I thought was once my friend... the definition fits.

have you thought that maybe Slash felt the same way , that you were his friend and then you did something that look like betrayal to him .

i really think the truth is somewhere in the middle , because too much things happened in that time in gnr , his word is as good as yours ..... the best way to settle things is a private chat with him .. and both stop throwing mud at eachother in public .... it's very sad for a gnr fan to see so much hate between u two .

One thing i can't understand is why did you made these accusations so late , why didn't you fought back at the right time and let slash "manipulate" the masses ? (which could be true , i'm not saying that slash didn't do it and that his innocent) ... it's a question that is stopping me from buying the whole story .

Edited by blackslither

Thank you very much for taking the time to write that, Axl.

I wouldn't presume for one moment to know the full situation whatsoever, but I am very sorry that there still seems to be bad blood between Slash and yourself. You guys made music together that was a powerful force (not to say that you don't now individually. CD has some beautiful work). I remember when I was 10 years old my friend and I watched your Live in Tokyo concerts on UK tv. That day opened me up to heavier forms of music and, without exaggeration, changed the course of my life a bit. My mum was a big Hendrix fan, and I remember she started to get into GNR when I would listen to the Use Your Illusion tapes over and over on car journeys with her. Her favourite song was Coma. Those are good memories to have, man. Haha, I remember she used to say that you sounded extra enthusiastic and happy when you sung a swear word!

Anyhow, one thing I've always found in my life is that family is very important. If you have a loving family, it doesn't matter what someone does, or how bad things get, or whatever someone has said because it's still possible to go back and 'erase' that bit and try again. That sounds hokey, i'm sure, and I've been extremely lucky in my life to have a very supportive family which I am quite sure others have not had, but I do believe it, and I think it is a powerful thing.

If you and Slash could ever find a way to be friends, or at least respect each other again (nevermind about making music together - that wish might just be for the sake of others), and it was sincere and not forced, I think it would be an overwhelmingly positive and upflifting thing for just about everyone. The world has enough unhappy endings.

This post isn't in any intended to be "advice" or an attempt to have an opinion on a situation I don't know anything about. It's definitely not intended to be disrespectful to the current members of GNR of VR. It's just a message of goodwill to all involved. I really wish you a very happy holiday season! I'm thrilled that CD came out - it's awesome. I have a copy for my mom's Xmas present!

And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree,

there will be an answer, let it be.

For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see,

there will be an answer. let it be.

Edited by Nile577

Some of you are truly far more pathetic than even I imagined. Stop trying to kiss up to Axl or back peddle on things you said because you have this deep-rooted insecurity about everything. Can some of you show some fucking balls and just live with the things you said and stop attacking others because they do no agree with Axl's perception of the world and himself. The question may not rest in whether Axl is being truthful or not, but his perception of what these truth's are. For God's sake we are talking about a fucking rock band, we are not curing cancer. I will admit that I was next to astonished that someone whose words and music has taken me through most of my life actually came on to this forum and chatted with us like a fucking human being, ego aside. But at the same time he has only shown me what I already knew: he is imperfect like all of us, he can be hypocritical at times, just like all of us, and he has his own set of values and ideals, just like any of us here. I am certain Axl is not happy about everything he has done and said in his life, just as any of us aren't and maybe at times Axl did not appreciate the extent of those implications nor did he understand them. So W.A.R is a fucking human being, now we all know....

I love this complex you have.

The whole "voice of reason" thing you have going on, not really working out.

I will not advocate the whole false worship of celebrities thing, but come on, for real. Take a look at this 4,500 word manifestation of 15 years worth of behind the scene action.

Any sane person understands that a celebrity is imperfect, but to come out like this and just give us a pure and raw manifestation (biased perhaps, but shouldn't come as a shock) of everything. That's something.

No denying it, compadre.

Let people kiss his ass, does it matter? Will you lose sleep over it? No. Chill, calm down, and let your voice of reason dictate your own actions, not those of people who couldn't give a shit about you.

Enough with you pseudo intellectual babble, I do not like forum members being disrespected by other forum members because they did not bask in the glow of Axl Rose. I am hardly trying to be a voice of fucking reason, I have waited this long to post something on this topic after reading through pages of bullshit and insults by those cannot stick to their guns. Period, there is no agenda here other than hoping these verbal assaults just stop. I think you are being a bit hypocritical to aren't you asshole?

Should I wait 5 more minutes so that you can actually read my post?

Half my post was me agreeing with you, the other, was simply questioning your urge to post this "voice of reason" type post as if you had come across something absolutely dumbfounding, the fact that Axl was imperfect.

I still expect a response to my last sentence, will it make you feel better if people stop kissing his ass? Is there a direct corrolation between people kissing Axl's ass and your mental state of mind?

No. So just calm down, enjoy this or hate it. But don't go around in your pedestal as if you've discovered something groundbreaking, ok, "asshole"? :kiss:

There is nothing dumbfounding about this notion, at least not to me. Your sensibilities are not shared with everyone on this forum, either is your "insight". Why did you feel you needed to confront me? I never play the role of "the voice of reason", that is not my job, I was being more sarcastic than reasonable. I think you just read what you wanted to read and responded because you were bored and felt you could undermine me. That way you are the victor in your own mind. I always find it interesting when someone like yourself makes such a poor psychological assessment of a situation and furthermore feels the need to display it for everyone to see. And I say this with a heavy heart as I like you as a forum member. I just do not appreciate your rhetoric here today. Are you amused?

With all due respect, this had absolutely nothing to do with me wanting to "undermine" you as it would any other forum member.

I noticed a tone in your post, and I confronted you awaiting a response as to what the initial intention of your post was.

I was not bored, just curious as to what you hope to achieve with the condescending nature of your posts.

I don't psycho-analyze for the sake of doing it, I hate it to be honest, but I do notice a trend and felt it was valid to point out. I would have gladfully enjoyed a counter-argument, I didn't seek it, but I would've enjoyed one without the calling me of an "asshole", a bit in bad taste.

But that's fine, you're right in saying this is all a matter of perception, that does go without saying. Your first post in this thread, unfortunately, did not reveal any substance in the matter, nor did your follow up "voice of reason" post "bashing" those who wish to kiss Axl's ass.

I don't understand why you can't let people believe what they want to, isn't it all a matter of perception?

I don't like that the people that think otherwise are being bashed, but when you claim to be all about "perception", why does the ass kissing really bother you?

I agree with a lot of what you said, I've stated that already.

Having a two-sided argument is essential, but tone is also crucial, you know?

I'm more inclined to believe Axl's set of events because he has nothing to gain from lying. Slash on the other hand had a book deal. Also Axl's makes more sense, as you have to admit that whole "I won't sing unless I get the name" thing always seemed a bit far-fetched.

People love sayin' that middle trip. Easy to say but not so easy to prove.

Unfortunately it's not in the middle and I can back up every last line in my bit or I wouldn't be here.

You love his work and whatever else. More power to you!

And no, I'm not bitter at least in the sense of how you used it conveys. Felt good gettin' some of that off my chest and as I said that's just the tip.

If that's your honest impression it's definitely not rose colored lenses you're wearing. And I looked up the definition of bitter once in a pocket dictionary and got "having anger at something unjust or evil". I'm not angry but when I am with this particular someone who I thought was once my friend... the definition fits.

have you thought that maybe he felt the same way , that you were his friend and then you did something that look like betrayal to him .

i really think the truth is somewhere in the middle , because too much things happened in that time in gnr , ..... the best way to settle things down is a private chat with him .. and both stop throwing mud at eachother .... it's very sad for a fan to see so much hate between u two .

From my interpretation, Axl is pretty confident saying it's not in the middle, so for me I'm not doubting him. Some of you will, and that's your opinion. I think he's heard everything people have said on this thread about him and Slash countless times over the years - people wanting them to be friends etc, we can't influence him to change his mind. I'd like to see them civil with one another at least someday on both their own terms, but not because it's what the fans want.

Maybe one day he'll explain to us why the truth is "not in the middle" and shine a different light into this whole fiasco.

Axl as much as we want to hear from you, it appears you are sick of holding this all in and are getting it out, this is 1000000x better than a doctor or a magazine and we all thank you very much that I am sure of!

Axl, please continue you are great and talk from the heart

GUnsguy

By the UYI records Axl was supposedly clean. Slash wrote an entire book bragging about how much heroin he was doing every damn day during their tours. From what I remember reading through the years, Axl's drug use was in the earliest days of the band before they ever became popular. There is a quote somewhere from him where he said he ODed and damn near died. And ever since that time he stayed the hell away from it.

I believe he stayed away from heroin because it fucked his throat(?), not sure about anything else. During the Illusions tour, the former members had a lot to say about Axl's state of mind in particular, yoda, etc. So whether we're talking about emotional issues or substance abuse, it's probably safe to say at the very least everyone had their shit to deal with one way or another.

I think to say that one story is more believable than another based on the fact that someone admitted using drugs and another not using the same drugs is pretty arbitrary.

By the UYI records Axl was supposedly clean. Slash wrote an entire book bragging about how much heroin he was doing every damn day during their tours. From what I remember reading through the years, Axl's drug use was in the earliest days of the band before they ever became popular. There is a quote somewhere from him where he said he ODed and damn near died. And ever since that time he stayed the hell away from it.

I believe he stayed away from heroin because it fucked his throat(?), not sure about anything else. During the Illusions tour, the former members had a lot to say about Axl's state of mind in particular, yoda, etc. So whether we're talking about emotional issues or substance abuse, it's probably safe to say at the very least everyone had their shit to deal with one way or another.

I think to say that one story is more believable than another based on the fact that someone admitted using drugs and another not using the same drugs is pretty arbitrary.

No it's not, not when one side has profited heavily from this over the years while the other side was quiet and chose to tell his side of the story for free to the fans rather than in a book where he could have made a shitload of money on it (cough...Slash...cough). As I said, I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle but I don't believe Axl's mental issues are as severe as Slash and Duff's heroin and alcohol use.

Alcohol is what fucks up Axl's throat. He said as much during the Eddie Trunk interview a couple years ago. If what I've read is true, Axl has been off hard drugs for a lot longer than the former band members.

It will really be interesting to see if Slash and duff respond

The media will speculate on what Axl has posted, and misinterpret what's been said. Duff and Slash will read what the media have said, and comment on that.

That's my theory on the subject. Hopefully Slash and Duff sign up to MYGNRforum and check Axl's posts for themselves, or maybe even reply! ... maybe that could be a bad idea :rolleyes:

HAHA! I can see that now... mygnrforum being the medium of communication for all these guys. First they start out arguing and calling each other names, then slowly they start to apologize. "I'm sorry... I love you man! It was all my fault! I'm an asshole!" "No man, don't say that! I'm the asshole! And I love you man!" "No man, really, it's me that's the asshole! And I love you man!" All before our eyes! ha!

I like that fantasy. :heart:

It would be cool if Slash or Duff would comment on Axl's post here.