Official Reading thread

GNR 1991

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What to say, so much good could have come from this, but seeing the video of them trying to do paradise city is embarassing. I feel sorry for all the band members, its one thing turning up late for your own crowd,but to a festival is just idiotic, when you think of the effort and hard work gone into making this band what it is right now, its clear its not been easy, hence how long its taken, Then you get dj saying how exited he is about reading, and bumble doing his meet and greets here and there, this is just a big kick to them and the fans, again. Who knows what happened or why they were late, but for all the toubles over the past 25yrs there is one common denominator.

I'm not surprised. This is Gnr. Nothing new.

Yeah really sounds like "everybody is booing Guns N Roses"

I hear a few smatters, but that's what you get at a festival.

They were booing throughout the set, but towards the end and when the power cut off they were chanting "Let them play"

You're going by twitter, I'm telling the truth that lies in the video...

I'm going by actual accounts of my friend at the show. They were booing, but they started cheering at the end. The video is of the end.

So as someone said, GNR won the crowd over

When they stop playing. <_<

ashba tweet something please! let us know what you think

Somebody say something! I just wanna know the bandmates opinion on what happened. Hopefully Ron isn't pissed.

If i'm honest, i'm really worried :confused:

right guys, just got back from reading, what an eventful night. Their set didnt start off to a good start obviously because of the extra hour it took them to hit the stage, my friend told me via text that it was something to do with them not wanting it filmed or something. But i cant comment because i dont know what went on.

The obviously kicked off with chinese democracy which didnt do much to get the crowd going after waiting all that time, then jungle came on, now im not sure if jungle is normally played staright after chinese democracy but it seemed to get the crowd into things. There wasnt much booing at all throughout their set, and some good reactions came when they played Sorry and This I Love.

But it all went downhill when the solo to nightrain started and i think Axl said "thats it" and walked off. At that point i dont think anyone knew that anything was up, but oh boy did i know. It really pained me to see these guys trying to play to the crowd, they even got down to play to the front for god sake. Ron went almost instantly and grabbed his acoustic guitar. DJ seemed furious and threw a micstand and Frank started smashing at his drums. It was a shamble the way it was dealt with, to just pull the plug like that is ridiculous. I know they came on late but we really dont know for what reason yet. So before people jump down Axl's throat, lets see what gets said first.

But in conclusion i thought the band sounded awesome, and was quite surprised that Sorry and This I Love were played. Also they tried to start playing Better when the sound was mostly cut off, could hear DJ playing the intro just and could see Axl singing, but that stopped pretty quick when they realised it wasn't getting heard. The sit down protest for me was both awesome but i was shocked at how the sound being pulled was handled, i know their are curfews but to me it just didnt seem professional.

Im sorry if this post was incoherrent but ive only just got in after being sent out of the wrong exit at reading and standing up all day to see gnr. Man im so glad that i have tickets to see them at the o2, but i feel for everyone else whose only chance was tonight. i'll post some more stuff tommorow.

edit: for those who think that some members might be pissed off and such, would they have tried to continue playing if this was all axl's fault? of course not. But im telling you especially DJ and Ron did not look happy. I didnt see much off Tommy actually. These guys were playing awesome tonight, Ron was killing it.

While i was walking out their was a lot of positive reaction to the band, a lot of people were saying that Axl and the band sounded great!

Edited by strat89

right guys, just got back from reading, what an eventful night. Their set didnt start off to a good start obviously because of the extra hour it took them to hit the stage, my friend told me via text that it was something to do with them not wanting it filmed or something. But i cant comment because i dont know what went on.

The obviously kicked off with chinese democracy which didnt do much to get the crowd going after waiting all that time, then jungle came on, now im not sure if jungle is normally played staright after chinese democracy but it seemed to get the crowd into things. There wasnt much booing at all throughout their set, and some good reactions came when they played Sorry and This I Love.

But it all went downhill when the solo to nightrain started and i think Axl said "thats it" and walked off. At that point i dont think anyone knew that anything was up, but oh boy did i know. It really pained me to see these guys trying to play to the crowd, they even got down to play to the front for god sake. Ron went almost instantly and grabbed his acoustic guitar. DJ seemed furious and threw a micstand and Frank started smashing at his drums. It was a shamble the way it was dealt with, to just pull the plug like that is ridiculous. I know they came on late but we really dont know for what reason yet. So before people jump down Axl's throat, lets see what gets said first.

But in conclusion i thought the band sounded awesome, and was quite surprised that Sorry and This I Love were played. Also they tried to start playing Better when the sound was mostly cut off, could hear DJ playing the intro just and could see Axl singing, but that stopped pretty quick when they realised it wasn't getting heard. The sit down protest for me was both awesome but i was shocked at how the sound being pulled was handled, i know their are curfews but to me it just didnt seem professional.

Im sorry if this post was incoherrent but ive only just got in after being sent out of the wrong exit at reading and standing up all day to see gnr. Man im so glad that i have tickets to see them at the o2, but i feel for everyone else whose only chance was tonight. i'll post some more stuff tommorow.

edit: for those who think that some members might be pissed off and such, would they have tried to continue playing if this was all axl's fault? of course not. But im telling you especially DJ and Ron did not look happy. I didnt see much off Tommy actually. These guys were playing awesome tonight, Ron was killing it.

While i was walking out their was a lot of positive reaction to the band, a lot of people were saying that Axl and the band sounded great!

Great review. Thanks man.

Clears some stuff up

To be honest, GNR could spin this into a really positive thing if they play it right. If they come out with a sincere apology to the fans, say that due to unforeseen circumstances they couldn't take the stage at the correct time and they wanted to continue playing and then go to Leeds turn up on time and continue to play an extended set until they get cut off again to make up for it they'd win the respect of a lot of people.

To be honest, GNR could spin this into a really positive thing if they play it right. If they come out with a sincere apology to the fans, say that due to unforeseen circumstances they couldn't take the stage at the correct time and they wanted to continue playing and then go to Leeds turn up on time and continue to play an extended set until they get cut off again to make up for it they'd win the respect of a lot of people.

And all that is hugley possible with Twitter and the Leeds Festival, if their playing it. It just baffles me why no one from GN'R has said anything.

I get so sick and tired of everyone saying this is "epic" or whatever.

It was a STUPID move by Axl and the band if they where involved them being late. They knew the curfew and showed up late and ran over. It's GNR's fault plain and simple they where the unprofessional ones not the promoter for pull the plug they told them up front.

Now what would have been EPIC is to show up on time play a monster set that would run over and then done the set in thing. Now that would have been a statement!!! And let BBC show it live. Now imagine what the response would be if they showing up on time then playing a kickass set list that lasted past the curfew on purpose! That would be rock and roll and show respect for the fans!!!!!.

But hey Axl doesn't want to do it the easy way he always seems to fuck things up.

What to say, so much good could have come from this, but seeing the video of them trying to do paradise city is embarassing. I feel sorry for all the band members, its one thing turning up late for your own crowd,but to a festival is just idiotic, when you think of the effort and hard work gone into making this band what it is right now, its clear its not been easy, hence how long its taken, Then you get dj saying how exited he is about reading, and bumble doing his meet and greets here and there, this is just a big kick to them and the fans, again. Who knows what happened or why they were late, but for all the toubles over the past 25yrs there is one common denominator.

Dont be embarresed Be Proud they did what they came to do and that was give the fans a full show sound or no sound.

I get so sick and tired of everyone saying this is "epic" or whatever.

It was a STUPID move by Axl and the band if they where involved them being late. They knew the curfew and showed up late and ran over. It's GNR's fault plain and simple they where the unprofessional ones not the promoter for pull the plug they told them up front.

Now what would have been EPIC is to show up on time play a monster set that would run over and then done the set in thing. Now that would have been a statement!!! And let BBC show it live. Now imagine what the response would be if they showing up on time then playing a kickass set list that lasted past the curfew on purpose! That would be rock and roll and show respect for the fans!!!!!.

But hey Axl doesn't want to do it the easy way he always seems to fuck things up.

You think your opinion changes everything you are the same as us in your special way you want axl to be a tool for the promoter and bbc so you can benefit from it with watching a live stream of GNR Well let me burst your bubble it aint going to happen Buy a TICKET!!

I was at Reading and had a guest pass. It wasn't Axl's fault, he was at the side of the stage along with the rest of the band, I don't know the real reason, and they literally told him during the Nightrain solo "this is your last number" to which he said "well fuck that looks like we're done here folks" and slammed down the mic.

I was at Reading and had a guest pass. It wasn't Axl's fault, he was at the side of the stage along with the rest of the band, I don't know the real reason, and they literally told him during the Nightrain solo "this is your last number" to which he said "well fuck that looks like we're done here folks" and slammed down the mic.

I think they told him it was their "last number" because the show started an hour late. I'm not sure though, because there hasn't been much reported about it tonight.