SLASH : "AXL HATES MY GUTS"

gnr2012

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven's right on this one. These guys are acting like there was murder involved. The way they're behaving is ridiculous. How can two people act like this over some bad words/arguments? It's fucking juvenile...the both of them.

I say grow up and do the right thing..fuck.

This!

I think Slash sometimes loses it in interviews and says comments that seem unthought of and on the spur of the moment. And this all because he is so fustrated because Slash would love nothing more to re-connect with Axl and the old band, but he deep down knows it's not going to happen. So when interviewers keep asking him these questions, I feel he sometimes get's wound up and says these kind of things, like the last interview when he said blatantly that a performance is NOT going to happen.

Must be hard for Slash to keep getting asked about this as if it's up to him, when in reality he is just as excited about the prospect of this than the media.

Breaking news! Axl hates Slash! So glad we finally got this piece of information!

Seriously, you still thought there was a chance they'd play? I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you...

They will all talk up the induction to drive interest. They'll all pocket huge royalty checks from the spike in record sales. There will be no reunion. This is not news. Moving on.

" I'm dead sick of talking about" and he just can't contain himself and keeps talking about it over and over...

He gets asked about it in every single interview.

and he keeps answering in every single interview, about something he is sick of talking about! :confused:

can you actually synchronize your brain with your fingers?... the guy gets asked the same question and i've seen most of him lately giving the exact same answer "i don't know what's gonna happen"... that's it... what else is he supposed to do?

Edited by dario27

Im extremely disappointed their not gonna play. I didnt think they would to begin with; but I never got to see the original lineup since I was born in '82. They came through OKC when I was 10 - and of course my parents werent letting me go to that! lol I did see current line up of GNR in November; and it was one of best concerts that Ive ever been to. It was great hearing Axl sing the songs that I grew up with. But, Im still very disappointed they wont play. Ive been reading this board for a while and I think the excuse of, "If they play then it damages everything that Axl has done with the current GNR line up cause everyone will be expecting a reunion tour." Thats a bunch of crap. All they would have to do, is before the show tell the media, "This is a ONE TIME deal. It'll finally put a end to the 80's-90's original lineup." Kill the rumor before it starts. Nothing is going to damage the current line up, because outside of us diehard GNR fans, almost NOBODY gives a crap about current GNR. GNR packed the Lloyd Noble Center in Oklahoma, but when i looked around at the crowd during CD songs - nobody knew them. The crowd died down a little and people used it as a piss and beer break. even my 12 year old daughter (her first concert) told me, "I dont think people know theses songs." She does, she likes CD. ..Ive taught her well! lol We can go on and on about the new lineup and how good CD is, but few people outside of us diehard fans listen to it.

its a joke that their not gonna play. I know its been discussed numerous times on this board; but its weak not to man up and play 2 songs for EVERYONE that got them to that point. They all know the AFD songs, so its not like they would all have to be in the same room and rehearse. To me, its a slap in the face to all the fans that they cant agree to play a few songs - even if they hate each other. Without us, there is no Hall of Fame for them. To think that its gonna hurt the current line up of GNR, or damage anything that Axl has done is ridiculous. Axl has done a good job of that himself with one album since, what? 1996? And the majority of the guys who played the songs on that album arent even apart of GNR anymore.

+1

" I'm dead sick of talking about" and he just can't contain himself and keeps talking about it over and over...

and he keeps answering in every single interview, about something he is sick of talking about! :confused:

can you actually synchronize your brain with your fingers?... the guy gets asked the same question and i've seen most of him lately giving the exact same answer "i don't know what's gonna happen"... that's it... what else is he supposed to do?

LOL

Axl must have somewhat moved on from what happened between them. Axl would have flat out said NO to attending the HOF.

I don t agree. I think Axl will be there for respect for the fans. And no people, he doesn t have to play with someone that he doesn t like for us. It is like telling your mom to go out with her ex husband after he cheated on her. And she has moved on already.

I think that if Axl attends it will be for both the fans and the Guns' legacy.

Same thing Axl did in TMS, same thing he did while on tour with Myles. Before any interview, any press just say "Please, no reunion questions. Thank You". I bet Slash is really sick of talking about something he hasn't been involved in more than a decade. But he's not dealing with it the he should.

Same thing Axl did in TMS, same thing he did while on tour with Myles. Before any interview, any press just say "Please, no reunion questions. Thank You". I bet Slash is really sick of talking about something he hasn't been involved in more than a decade. But he's not dealing with it the he should.

i think it's pretty safe to assume Slash and Axl are completley different

Guest ben9785

I think recently Slash seems to have been neutral about Axl at least, but his mood might have got the better of him in that interview.

They will all probably get up for their acceptance and go through the motions. I imagine Adler might get too worked up, causing a commotion trying to get everyone to play, but by then Axl will have left

Edited by ben9785

i think it's pretty safe to assume Slash and Axl are completley different

Slash is too nice to interviewers. :tongue2:

I know this doesnt apply to most slash interviews but this one in rolling stone is about the hall of fame... without reunion questions theres not much of an interview. I also think in a more broad context axls way of doing things permenantly fucked with slashs mind (same works the other way). In that I mean axls uber control over things including interviews makes slash want to be completely open with things hence no pre authorized lists of questions, etc. Same goes with his musical stule not progressing because you can tell it did on things like pretty tied up and locomotive but acl wanting to go too far musically made him backspin back to his roots and he never recovered.

I think recently Slash seems to have been neutral about Axl at least, but his mood might have got the better of him in that interview.

They will all probably get up for their acceptance and go through the motions. I imagine Adler might get too worked up, causing a commotion trying to get everyone to play, but by then Axl will have left

This.

The only interesting thing will be seeing Axl and Slash together. Briefly.

apart of me hopes, they will get along better after the HOF, Axl does with izzy/duff

Guest ben9785

I have a feeling that Axl would probably find it easier to be civil with Slash for 1 evening, than deal with Steven, his acceptance speach, demands to play a couple of songs etc

LA

Yeah that's what I think as well. Axl seems much more happy with his band as well as the legacy of GNR, receptive to the fans and so on. I imagine he will be cordial with Slash and in a way it will allow them to close this rift and move on without this cloud hanging over them and their careers, much like when Mustaine reunited with Metallica in December (although the circumstances of the break up were different in that case of course).

Adler is the one who might make the situation more uncomfortable than it needs to be because his whole life seems to be hanging on this one night and them coming together.

Edited by ben9785

These guys could take a leaf out of Metallica's book for the way they handled their Hall of Fame induction. Graciously invited Jason Newsted to the event and had him up on stage playing bass during their set. For a run of 30th anniversary shows a few months ago they also called Newsted to play a few songs, and called Dave Mustaine. Adults.