Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Recent downtime due to account suspended

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Drakestar

Drakestar

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • 06-February 06
so....we should click on the ads? does that help?

axlsend

axlsend

Rock Goddess

• SILVER
  • 2,555 posts
  • 02-October 05
Should have let Subsy take it over last year.

2zjmfpg.jpg

20.04.92 - 14.06.92 - 22.05.93 - 13.07.93 - 07.06.06 - 25.07.06 - 29.07.06 - 13.09.10 - 13.10.10 - 17.10.10 - 18.10.10 - 19.05.12 - 26.05.12 - 29.05.12 - 05.06.12.

GLaDOS

GLaDOS

• Returned
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 26-April 11

Should have let Subsy take it over last year.

Amen.

This entire situation is a joke, Eric should have sold it to Subsy when he had the chance as obviously the anonymous donor's cash has run out.

saber_

saber_

Axl Internet PR

• SILVER
  • 6,267 posts
  • 04-January 09
How much do I have to pay to get the search feature working again?

"THEN COME ON NOW LET'S GOOO OOOO OOOO  OOOO OOOO!"

RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts
  • 16-October 11
I'd help out but continously broke myself :shrugs: welcome back from the dead MYGNR!

'I bought me an illusion and I put it on the wall, I let it fill my head with dreams and had to have them all.'

''You're a very sexy girl who's very hard to please, you can taste the bright lights but you won't get them f- GIVE ME THE FUCKING BALL!!!!'' - Axl, Roskilde Festival 06

droezle

droezle

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,191 posts
  • 22-February 05

The Forum was down for a few days with a mention that the account was suspended. The host company had put the costs up considerably due to recent traffic.

I've just reactivated using Googld Ad revenue. I'm thru putting up my own money to run a Forum wich benefits the band but leaves an individual with the losses (me).

I'm currently looking into options for a solution.

PS. To anyone who tried to send me an e-mail, my personnal e-mail was down from saturday Apr 21st to 24th, this is totally unrelated to the Forum being down it was a technical problem on the other hosts part. So any e-mails sent to me in that timeframe should be sent again as it was not delivered.

Donate the board to Jarmo.
blinded

mister mosh

mister mosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • 04-January 12
Thank God, I Thought It was Just Me...Thanks Eric, Totally appreciate what You Do So That us Mad Guns Addicts Can All Bitch and Moan About every Aspect Of The Band ;-) .....Seriously Though Thanks Ddude, When I next Get paid ill Donate some Moeny For Sure

LA_0013

LA_0013

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,195 posts
  • 09-July 03
Any chance of you being a little more transparent on the matter?

i,e how much it costs to run the forum per month, what ad revenue you bring in, and therefore how much the shortfall is. Then people just may be able to do something about it. No point just suspending the forum and saying "you're thru with funding it out your own pocket",

Just my 2 cents

LA

31illusions

31illusions

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • 10-September 07

I agree with Eric, why should he have to pay when this place creates so much publicity for the band, they could atleast help with costs.

You don't want the band anywhere near this site.

Look how it works for Jarmo. He is handsomely taken care of, but only in exchange for gestapo type moderating tactics and no freedom. That is the cost/requirement of getting the band involved, and would kill off the forum the way it has HTGTH.

I totally agree with this. Maybe members could help if we knew more of what the forum needed to keep going.

d_zps117357a7.jpg

sweetness

sweetness

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,949 posts
  • 01-February 06
you're gunna fix the search function now right?

Posted Image

AxlisOld

AxlisOld

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,780 posts
  • 08-May 05

you're gunna fix the search function now right?

Posted Image

Edited by AxlisOld, 26 April 2012 - 05:04 PM.

duffman.gifstormtrooper.gif
WARNING: Consumption of alcoholic beverages will MAKE YOU AWESOME

kevin

kevin

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 13,184 posts
  • 26-November 03
Why even bother with this place? Eric posts like 10 times a year total (the only time you can count on him to post is to bitch about not wanting to pay when the server shuts off each April), can't be bothered to fix broken shit like the search, and is clearly not interested in this site or the user base. This is just a repeat of April 2011, and with that I will see you all to bitch about this in 2013~

kevlolol

Guest_gunns5_*

Guest_gunns5_*
  • Guests
  • --

Why even bother with this place? Eric posts like 10 times a year total (the only time you can count on him to post is to bitch about not wanting to pay when the server shuts off each April), can't be bothered to fix broken shit like the search, and is clearly not interested in this site or the user base. This is just a repeat of April 2011, and with that I will see you all to bitch about this in 2013~

Seeya in 2013

Posted Image

gunsguy

gunsguy

FRONTMAN

• Media and Brand Ambassador
  • 19,378 posts
  • 28-December 02

Stopped reading after you posted "Why even bother with this place?" When you ARE CLEARLY bothering with this place by posting :rolleyes:

axlrare.jpg

Forsaken

Forsaken

Annuit Cúptis

• Admins
  • 14,323 posts
  • 19-February 05

The Forum was down for a few days with a mention that the account was suspended. The host company had put the costs up considerably due to recent traffic.

I've just reactivated using Googld Ad revenue. I'm thru putting up my own money to run a Forum wich benefits the band but leaves an individual with the losses (me).

I'm currently looking into options for a solution.

PS. To anyone who tried to send me an e-mail, my personnal e-mail was down from saturday Apr 21st to 24th, this is totally unrelated to the Forum being down it was a technical problem on the other hosts part. So any e-mails sent to me in that timeframe should be sent again as it was not delivered.

Please contact me via PM if you wish to exchange pricing info for this forum.

wq0Xdzw.gif

....with eyes so dilated i've become your pupil 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users