Apocalyptic Love has leaked

Original GNR

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like parts of songs. Anastasia minus the riff and any time Myles is singing is amazing. The rest is meh. I'd say I was disappointed if I had expected anything more from this.

Anastasia MINUS the riff?! The riff is one of the best parts of what is a fucking epic song. The outro solo is simply brilliant.

I like parts of songs. Anastasia minus the riff and any time Myles is singing is amazing. The rest is meh. I'd say I was disappointed if I had expected anything more from this.

Anastasia MINUS the riff?! The riff is one of the best parts of what is a fucking epic song. The outro solo is simply brilliant.

We might be mistaking what the riff is. Im callig the riff the blues rock part right after the epic neoclassical part. The outro is fantastic. I think my main problem with the album is Myles.

We might be mistaking what the riff is. Im callig the riff the blues rock part right after the epic neoclassical part. The outro is fantastic. I think my main problem with the album is Myles.

That's also what i'm calling the riff. Surprised how anyone can not like it. Ah well, musical tastes are totally subjective I suppose...

Fuck if slash were to be keeping a certain song for a guns reunion it would certainly be anastasia. can you imagine izzy/duff/axl parts on that song. One word.....damn!

Even the drums have got a sort of steven feel to it.

Edited by grouse

Standard post-GnR Slash album; a few of really good songs scattered amongst a bunch of mediocre ones; very average songwriting

You see glimpses of what he's capable of songs like Anastasia but for the most part it's "paint by the numbers" once again

Seems he simply isn't willing to work with or can't find a singer/songwriter to work with that will push him. A lot of people thought Myles would be "the answer" because of his vocal range but that wasn't really it. It's more of a songwriting and push/pull issue than it is a vocal range issue.

But the hardcore Slash fans will gobble it up, post glowing reviews like it's a cross between Zeppelin II and AFD, and he'll keep doing what he does, which is fine in a lot of respects.

Standard post-GnR Slash album; a few of really good songs scattered amongst a bunch of mediocre ones; very average songwriting

but the hardcore Slash fans will gobble it up, post glowing reviews like it's a cross between Zeppelin II and AFD, and he'll keep doing what he does, which is fine in a lot of respects.

I consider myself a hardcore slash fan(hell, i've got the guy tattooed on my back) but you'll certainly not be seeing me posting a glowing review of this album, is it a decent rock album? sure it is!. Is it the album of the decade? hell no it's it's not. Slash is capable of so much more.

Seems he simply isn't willing to work with or can't find a singer/songwriter to work with that will push him.

They have all been a shadow of themselves since the break-up. It is not Slash exclusive.

Seems he simply isn't willing to work with or can't find a singer/songwriter to work with that will push him.

They have all been a shadow of themselves since the break-up. It is not Slash exclusive.

Very true and it saddens me to be honest.

I'm almost done listening to it. It reminds me a little bit of the snakepit albums, in the sense that it's a well balanced album. The kind of album you listen to without skipping songs. Velvet Revolver has a bunch of really great songs but I can't help but skip some songs that I just find kinda boring. It's not the case with Apocalyptic Love. Good songs throughout the whole album.

I'm absolutely not disapointed. The only thing I would suggest to Slash is to make more songs that last longer, 6 to 7 minutes, even more than that. But I'm nit-picking here ;)

Absolutely can't wait to see Anastasia live. This song is immense.

some songs are going to drive the crowd crazy, Bad Rain, Shots Fired, Anastasia, Halo, Hard and Fast and One Last Thrill.

i hope they play them all

Absolutely can't wait to see Anastasia live. This song is immense.

some songs are going to drive the crowd crazy, Bad Rain, Shots Fired, Anastasia, Halo, Hard and Fast and One Last Thrill.

i hope they play them all

that's the great part, these songs were absolutely made to be played live.

They'd better play Anastasia when i'll be seeing them a month from now rock1

And they'll also better play carolina, it's fucking awesome. I sure love my talkbox rock4

Haha, yes the talkbox is awesomethumbsup.gif

Another thing I'd like to add regarding Apocalyptic Love, a few songs have a gnr vibe (to me at least), like Standing in the sun, Anastasia, Not for me, Carolina... It's been a long time since I didn't hear that kind of vibe in a Slash record. We need more of these.

was uneasy when i heard the samples, but i kinda love this record, reminds me of appetite meets ain't life grand, with a little AB for good measure. But that's just my opinon, Ijust like seeing slash working with a singer that can match Axl's range.

Edited by The Matinator

I'd like to see Slash and Myles do more songs like Anastasia on their next album. They are both more than capable of making those kind of epics - we've seen Slash do it on the Illusions albums and Myles do it with a few songs with Alter Bridge (prime example being the song Blackbird).

I think the reason most songs are 3-4 minute straight up rock songs is simply down to the fact that that's what Slash wanted. It's not that he isn't capable of more ambitious song, it's that he wanted this to be a straight up rock n roll record. Maybe on the next album the guys will experiement a bit more. Anastasia shows they can do it.

Edited by Original GNR

theres nothing wrong with the 3-4 minute songs, they absolutely rock. and i was disappointing by the lack of epics/longer songs on the last album so i am totally happy to get Anastasia. Its so good! Great, great, album!