Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Do you think drugs impact people's lives negatively or favorably?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

arnold layne

arnold layne

a creep in a t-shirt

• Supporters
  • 12,551 posts
  • 17-November 06
I am done with them. Fuck that. The cliché is true; they're bad for me.

I think they mask problems and make them worse. Sure, they might be fun or badass or whatever but they bring you down. It doesn't matter if it's marijuana, mushrooms, LSD or whatever. It's bad news for me and I don't encourage it.

With that said I support decriminalization and treatment for first time offenders.

I wish I was like you; easily amused.

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,547 posts
  • 03-January 04
Arnold... Layne... is.... growing up? Getting his shit together? Man, December 2012 really is coming fast! :nervous:

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Loose" means something is not tight, for example "My shoelace is loose."

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

batman007

batman007

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 5,731 posts
  • 23-July 06
Negative. I work with law enforcement and these drugs ruin lives. The life of the person who uses them runs the risk of getting a disease. The people who use them, have ruined other innocent people lives. I m glad you mentioned marijuana. Some people are ignoant and think they cause no harm. I have seen too many times someone really high on weed and cause an accident on the road.

Gunns

Gunns

and dont you forget it!

• Members
  • 8,515 posts
  • 12-December 08
You can do eeet Arnold!

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • 7,385 posts
  • 19-December 04
Negative.

I have a friend who smokes marijuana regularly (not even a hard drug) and he's becoming dependent on being high. I don't do drugs myself nor do I have a problem with people who smoke marijuana, but in this case, it's at the point where he's content with just working a part-time job and getting high on his days off. He's got no direction planned. As much as he says he wants to go out there and do something, he lacks a lot of motivation. Instead, he'll just get high and play video games. He's definitely afraid of growing up and smoking up every day is only relaxing him to the point where he doesn't care.

Me and some of our other friends have voiced concern. Not because he's getting high, but because he's just wasting time.

5206.jpg

Toronto 2006 - Hamilton 2010 & 2011 - Buffalo 2013

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • 15,547 posts
  • 03-January 04

Negative. I work with law enforcement and these drugs ruin lives. The life of the person who uses them runs the risk of getting a disease. The people who use them, have ruined other innocent people lives. I m glad you mentioned marijuana. Some people are ignoant and think they cause no harm. I have seen too many times someone really high on weed and cause an accident on the road.

Naw, man, that's impossible! Weed can't do that! :rolleyes:

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,673 posts
  • 13-August 11

Negative.

I have a friend who smokes marijuana regularly (not even a hard drug) and he's becoming dependent on being high. I don't do drugs myself nor do I have a problem with people who smoke marijuana, but in this case, it's at the point where he's content with just working a part-time job and getting high on his days off. He's got no direction planned. As much as he says he wants to go out there and do something, he lacks a lot of motivation. Instead, he'll just get high and play video games. He's definitely afraid of growing up and smoking up every day is only relaxing him to the point where he doesn't care.

Me and some of our other friends have voiced concern. Not because he's getting high, but because he's just wasting time.

My friend has that problem too. He works some crappy part time job, hates it, talks about finding a new one yet he stays there. Has this girlfriend who is a fat condescending bitch. Pot makes him put up with it but it isn't make anything much better. Pot is great for physical treatment but psychologically it just cements your feet while the water slowly rises.

Edited by Stannis Baratheon, 18 July 2012 - 08:17 PM.

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • 7,385 posts
  • 19-December 04

Negative.

My friend has that problem too. He works some crappy part time job, hates it, talks about finding a new one yet he stays there. Has this girlfriend who is a fat condescending bitch. Pot makes him put up with it but it isn't make anything much better. Pot is great for physical treatment but psychologically it just cements your feet while the water slowly rises.

Precisely. It might make you relaxed enough to forget about a problem for a while, but when you come down from that high, the reality is that the problem is still there.

5206.jpg

Toronto 2006 - Hamilton 2010 & 2011 - Buffalo 2013

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • 15,547 posts
  • 03-January 04
And sometimes it makes you jump out of windows, too.

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

Thank you.

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,673 posts
  • 13-August 11
People actually think there's nothing wrong with being fine. Like those "It could be worse" situations. My friend is content for now, give him another fifteen or twenty years when very little changes he may end up using one of his many guns on himself.

Well, at least pot helped him live a little longer.

Desperado

Desperado

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • 14-February 05
Depends

juhjj8.jpg
Sorry for my bad english.

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,334 posts
  • 09-March 08
depends on people who can handle their shit or not IMO i know quite a few people that work really high paying jobs including police officers that smoke weed or due other drugs

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

“Ah, the outdoors,' Shallan said. 'I visited that mythical place once.” 

kevdo242

kevdo242

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,204 posts
  • 03-November 04
Sexily.

TeeJay410

TeeJay410

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts
  • 13-March 06
Drugs/alcohol can be a a great servant, but an equally bad master (Proverbs, or was it Christopher Hitchens?).

Posted Image
Now fully aligned with those who must not be named.

jmapelian

jmapelian

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts
  • 22-February 06

I am done with them. Fuck that. The cliché is true; they're bad for me.

I think they mask problems and make them worse. Sure, they might be fun or badass or whatever but they bring you down. It doesn't matter if it's marijuana, mushrooms, LSD or whatever. It's bad news for me and I don't encourage it.

With that said I support decriminalization and treatment for first time offenders.

i would say it depends on the individual

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users