I would like my 'sexual tension' topic reopened please.

arnold layne

I have respectfully PMd a few mods to reopen my thread but they have been ignored.

Quite frankly this sends a negative connotation to homosexuals and in no way, shape, or form was it intended to be a dig against Axl, Slash or any parties related to Gn'R.

I am also sick and tired of the gay jokes, accusations, and intolerance here. It is unacceptable.

Thank you and good night.

arnold layne

Just think about what kind of message you are sending here.

You have a derogatory term world filtered to 'hooray for tolerance', yet it's not okay here to talk about homosexual relationships when it comes to Guns N' Roses? That is a mixed message. I am not sure whether this forum supports tolerance at all, and no I am not taking the piss I am being serious here.

The term is just a word. That's it. Nobody raises an eyebrow when a black person calls another black person the N word, so why can't we do the same for openly gays?

What's done is done. I am just disappointed.

sugaraylen and others here, who cares if I am gay or if I'm not. There's no need for your constant stalking and harassment. To me, that was inappropriate.

Thanks for your time. That's all I'll have to say for a very long time.

I support Nate. I don't see why it was closed. It's something lots of GNR fans debate about on and off the forums. It's a valid topic.

This. It is a perfectly valid topic and I agree that it being locked sends an unfortunate message. <_<

Well, I'll just repost more or less what I said to Arnold via PM:

Well arnold, I don't think locking sends a negative message at all.

If anything, it looks more to me like you've started the topic knowing that it will attract some negative responses from people - mostly because there's never been any credible or founded suggestion of homosexual attraction between any of the members of GN'R. I think that the quality of the responses you received before the thread was locked are pretty good evidence of this.

I also take this view because you constantly use the (filtered, obviously) word "f****t" in your posts when you're taking the piss. I feel that if you were as concerned about tolerance or the "message" we send to the gay community, then you wouldn't do this - so I struggle to see or believe that this as a genuine request.

So, given the way you post and knowing that there's no substance/evidence to support your notion in the thread you've posted, it looks a lot like a troll attempt to me geared at drawing attention to yourself.

Thanks to highvoltage for his response. I do not support his decision and therefore I cannot support this forum.

You haven't really addressed any of the points I raised to you, so your lack of a response more or less confirms them bud. ;)

I have respectfully PMd a few mods to reopen my thread but they have been ignored.

Quite frankly this sends a negative connotation to homosexuals and in no way, shape, or form was it intended to be a dig against Axl, Slash or any parties related to Gn'R.

I am also sick and tired of the gay jokes, accusations, and intolerance here. It is unacceptable.

arnold layne

I'd like to see your annoying ass get banned. We just have to accept we can't all get our way.

arnold layne

I'd like to see your annoying ass get banned. We just have to accept we can't all get our way.

Unfortunately you ain't nothing but a member. Nobody gives a shit about what you want or like.

On topic: It was stupid to lock the thread, it should have moved to "Attitude". Highvoltage is actually giving a half-assed explanation. It sucks.

Guest Len B'stard

arnold layne

Alright alright y'fuckin' poof, don't go on about it :rolleyes: It's a shame, i was done with the gay jokes, next was the fatboy jokes, i had some corkers lined up y'know, shame to see you go Arnie but uh, yeah, fuck off :D

I love how he tries to chat all clever too "i think this sends out a negative connotation to homosexuals" and this boy goes to fuckin' college? :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Unfortunately you ain't nothing but a member. Nobody gives a shit about what you want or like.

On topic: It was stupid to lock the thread, it should have moved to "Attitude". Highvoltage is actually giving a half-assed explanation. It sucks.

Seems like nobody that matters cares what Arnold thinks either, that's nice to know.

And I thought High's explanation what fine. It was the thread that was beyond stupid.

Highvoltage already said everything I could have very succinctly, but just to sort a few things out on my end...

I was also offended it was closed and tried to talk to ER about it, but he never finished the convo with me. Lame.

After a couple back-and-forths, there was no conversation left to be had. I didn't owe you a reason for closing the thread - I owed it to arnold, and I had already sent him a private message alerting him that it was being closed. I didn't appreciate your off-the-bat implication that I was being homophobic, as that's something I take quite seriously, and your "conversation" was no different from arnold's defense in this thread.

I didn't ignore your PM. I've been asleep since responding to Lucrecia's comments on my profile.

It has nothing to do with 'negative connotations to homosexuals' (btw, the way you phrased that actually makes no sense). The fact that your jumping off point was that Axl might have had sexual feelings for Slash because he dressed flamboyantly sends a far more negative message than anything else. Add to that the multiple references in the thread to "homos," the digs against both Axl and Slash, and so on and so forth - it's a joke topic, you know it.

So when you said you were gonna "act gay" to get Lenny to call you out and then accuse him of being a homophobe, I guess that was part of your greater plan to fight intolerance on MyGNR. :rolleyes:

The thread wasn't closed because of some sort of anti-gay agenda, so you can spare us all the sanctimony.

Well, I'll just repost more or less what I said to Arnold via PM:

Well arnold, I don't think locking sends a negative message at all.

If anything, it looks more to me like you've started the topic knowing that it will attract some negative responses from people - mostly because there's never been any credible or founded suggestion of homosexual attraction between any of the members of GN'R. I think that the quality of the responses you received before the thread was locked are pretty good evidence of this.

I also take this view because you constantly use the (filtered, obviously) word "f****t" in your posts when you're taking the piss. I feel that if you were as concerned about tolerance or the "message" we send to the gay community, then you wouldn't do this - so I struggle to see or believe that this as a genuine request.

So, given the way you post and knowing that there's no substance/evidence to support your notion in the thread you've posted, it looks a lot like a cupcake attempt to me geared at drawing attention to yourself.

I came here to see why the thread was locked, not even moved to Attitude, but locked.

I 100% disagree with this decision. For one, it seems far more personally directed towards the OP than it should be, but more importantly it's a horrible heterosexist stance to take. There needs to be "substance/evidence to support" homosexuality before we can discuss it. Otherwise what, it doesn't exist? Everyone is heterosexual until proof of otherwise? This is not only offensive, but discriminatory. You're othering queer existence, wiping them out from the cultural discourse by restricting discussion to a heteronormative bubble. Which is ridiculous given that rock is filled with sexual fluidity and ambiguity. Something the old band themselves played with.

It is absolutely a legitimate topic of discussion, one that did get some good responses. Why didn't the mods deal with the cupcakes and stupid comments? Or is it a policy of this board to allow discussion of sexuality to descend into negativity?

And to clarify;

Is it a rule of this board that no discussion of the band's sexuality is allowed?

What "evidence" would be needed to make this a valid topic? Who makes that decision?

If I were to start such a thread in D&N or Attitude, what would happen?

The thread wasn't closed because of some sort of anti-gay agenda, so you can spare us all the sanctimony.

Well it sure as hell looks that way.

What about Lenny's remarks towards me? They are inappropriate, unacceptable and rude. You are demonizing homosexuality on this forum and that's not right, and don't try to go around that because you know damn well you are. You have no reason to believe that I am taking the piss out of homosexuality. I will fight tooth and nail for equal rights for homosexuals because quite frankly people look at them less favorably and what you just did to that thread proves that.

Do me a favor and read this post.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/191033-was-there-sexual-tension-in-guns-n-roses/page__view__findpost__p__3176666

But you won't. It's just something you'll ignore and spin it around and make me look like the bad guy here.

If I don't get my message across, at least do me a favor and change the word filter back to the F word because it's quite obvious you don't have any tolerance towards homosexuality and that's a fact. You may as well quit pretending you do because I know damn well, and so do others, than you don't.

It looks like homosexuality is taboo here. That's not right.

And so what if my main post was offensive to you? Maybe it could have been written better but you got the wrong message. If anything it could be rewritten and the thread could be reopened. Everyone was respectful in that thread, well everyone who doesn't have the power to lock threads that is.

Arnold, I asked you politely last night to please knock off the silly threads after I closed the "Is Axl gay" one, and your response seems to have been to go on a rampage - accusing me and the forum of being homophobic, of singling you out, of being ignorant and of being rude. Well, you've made your opinion clear while managing to deliberately spam and insult the forum - a forum which you were given a second chance on, a forum you've described elsewhere as "hating," and which you seem to get kicks out of sanctimoniously trolling. It gets old having to deal with this shit.

Mind you, this is a hobby for all of us and we happily dedicate countless hours of our lives to help out, but we do have lives too. None of us look forward to getting into squabbles with people, locking threads, deleting discussions, etc. I've worked a grueling full time schedule this week and this is literally my only day off, and instead of being able to enjoy the forum and enjoy being of service to people with legitimate issues, I have to deal with this kind of childish, troll-bait behaviour from you. It's tiresome.

What about Lenny's remarks towards me? They are inappropriate, unacceptable and rude.

Then report them. I haven't seen anything directed towards you that was unacceptable. But I can't read every single post on the forum. And in his defense, when you boast about egging him on and acting gay to get him to bash you for being gay, then certainly it's a two-way street.

You are demonizing homosexuality on this forum and that's not right, and don't try to go around that because you know damn well you are.

I'm probably one of the most tolerant people you could meet. One of my best friends in real life is gay and he came out to me before any of his family members and other friends because he felt more comfortable being open with me about it. I've never once acted prejudiced towards somebody based on their orientation or race. Accusing me of being homophobic or intolerant isn't a 'little thing' to me, it's actually quite repugnant and offensive, and the fact that it's such a flippant and apparently humorous accusation for you to make against me is, well, appalling to me.

You have no reason to believe that I am taking the piss out of homosexuality.

As a matter of fact, I do. I do when the topics are baseless and filled with childish remarks (the "he might be gay because he dresses flamboyantly" thing is the tip of the iceberg). And because you have linked yourself to GNFNR so exclusively, it is hard to ignore your countless posts over there joking about the topic and taking the piss, calling people f****s, etc. This is clearly all an act on your part and the fact that you're forcing me to even take it seriously is ridiculous.

No, I did already and I think you're taking the piss again with it. It's mock outrage, and it's transparent, as is most of your online persona.

at least do me a favor and change the word filter back to the F word because it's quite obvious you don't have any tolerance towards homosexuality and that's a fact.

Funny, that - we were just talking about removing the filters and how we respect our users enough to let them know what kind of language is unacceptable, but honestly arnold, your name immediately came up as one of the primary reasons NOT to remove it. You endlessly use and mock the filters - knowing full well that it immediately makes people think of the word anyway. For the record, the filters were created in the forum's older days to keep the occasional troll from posting stuff people wouldn't want to read - not as a family-friendly filter for people to deliberately abuse, which is what you do. Which is another reason your homosexual awareness and equal rights campaigning is another piss take and oh-so-boring. If you're really concerned about promoting gay rights then perhaps it would serve you best to do so outside of a Guns N' Roses Internet forum.

All that needs to be said on this topic has been said. If you hijack any more Support threads about this (as you've already done with the "Ask a mod/admin" thread), or I see any more baseless accusations/insults directed towards me or the forum in regards to being anti-gay, intolerant, etc., then you will be immediately suspended. If you had kept it confined and on-topic, that would have been one thing, but you went over me and HV and created this thread, kept complaining, then posted about it in another thread, and then created a similar thread in Anything Goes. I don't know why you're deliberately going out of your way to insult me or make a mockery of my time. I've been nice to you in the past, I've always PM'd you when I had any issues with stuff you've written and I've never been flippant or carefree about issuing any punishments. And I don't like having to be a dick and saying this publicly, but since you are so intent on making it a public ordeal, then fine - here you go. I don't want to see any more of this bullshit.