"Better" video

Lindo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awful video :wacko:

Agreed. Bach put out a live montage video for Love is a bitchslap... Bach... GnR should have had a decent budget video but that was never going to happen. For one the label weren't going to fork out millions for GnR and secondly, who can imagine Axl being in front of a camera, miming and acting etc these days. I certainly can't. That and having 7 unknown dudes in the background would have looked downright weird for Guns...

Edited by Young_Gun

Agreed. Bach put out a live montage video for Love is a bitchslap... Bach... GnR should have had a decent budget video but that was never going to happen. For one the label weren't going to fork out millions for GnR and secondly, who can imagine Axl being in front of a camera, miming and acting etc these days. I certainly can't. That and having 7 unknown dudes in the background would have looked downright weird for Guns...

I disagree about "looking weird"

In 2008 people interested in GNR know damn well Slash and co were not in the band for a long time.

A lot of folks need to get a grip on reality...the current GNR has been GNR longer than any other past lineup.

Edited by volcano62

In 2008 people interested in GNR know damn well Slash and co were not in the band for a long time.

A lot of folks need to get a grip on reality...the current GNR has been GNR longer than any other past lineup.

Yes but it is not the GnR that the mainstream public know. It would be akin to Bobby Plant of Led Zeppelin doing a Led Zeppelin video with 3 dudes that were never in the band. It's not that they weren't what the public knew, it's that instead of 4 other members, there are seven. Quite a difference and I feel it diminishes the personalities that each have because it's cluttered. Any band having 8 members in a music video would look weird, not just Guns.

And you are wrong. Ashba joined sometime in 2009 officially, so he has been in the band for 4 years at best. The original/classic line up were together for more than 5. Small difference but still a difference.

Edited by Young_Gun

Yes but it is not the GnR that the mainstream public know. It would be akin to Bobby Plant of Led Zeppelin doing a Led Zeppelin video with 3 dudes that were never in the band. It's not that they weren't what the public knew, it's that instead of 4 other members, there are seven. Quite a difference and I feel it diminishes the personalities that each have because it's cluttered. Any band having 8 members in a music video would look weird, not just Guns.

And you are wrong. Ashba joined sometime in 2009 officially, so he has been in the band for 4 years at best. The original/classic line up were together for more than 5. Small difference but still a difference.

Yeah my bad..Robin set them back in 2008 when he left.

But you know this is the most solid line-up GNR has ever had.

Edited by volcano62

I think the ending is great, the "exit Lars" part.

I thought that was kinda dumb. They leave you with Sebastian Bach and Lars Ulrich screwing around. Nothing to do with GNR.

It's called having some fun...you know what that is? Get the stick out of bum.

Yeah, I guess you're right :lol: my bad!

I prefer the 2002 iteration myself cause I love Bucket's guitar work and Robin brought an out of the box playing style which I love. This line up does seem pretty solid except I wonder how long Ron will stick around for..

I think the ending is great, the "exit Lars" part.

I thought that was kinda dumb. They leave you with Sebastian Bach and Lars Ulrich screwing around. Nothing to do with GNR.

It's called having some fun...you know what that is? Get the stick out of bum.

Yeah, I guess you're right :lol: my bad!

:shades:

I prefer the 2002 iteration myself cause I love Bucket's guitar work and Robin brought an out of the box playing style which I love. This line up does seem pretty solid except I wonder how long Ron will stick around for..

Ron ain't going anywhere

why make a video and not put it out ?

..is this the first time in GN'R history a video was made but not put out ?

Maybe it was because by the time the video was ready to put out, Buckethead had quit the band ?

It's interesting how every single topic seems to draw a dozen or so cupcakes just to make critical and condescending remarks about a band that they claim that they are fans of.

How about if you dislike the video you explain why that is in an intelligent manner or just avoid the thread altogether? I think the video was great and wish that it would have seen an official release. Just another example of a lack of label support and having managers who had other agendas instead of what their focus should have been.

It's interesting how every single topic seems to draw a dozen or so cupcakes just to make critical and condescending remarks about a band that they claim that they are fans of.

How about if you dislike the video you explain why that is in an intelligent manner or just avoid the thread altogether? I think the video was great and wish that it would have seen an official release. Just another example of a lack of label support and having managers who had other agendas instead of what their focus should have been.

ok seriously, have you had a life altering experience recently? or has your account been hacked or sold?

why make a video and not put it out ?

..is this the first time in GN'R history a video was made but not put out ?

Maybe it was because by the time the video was ready to put out, Buckethead had quit the band ?

There is a video from My Michelle from the old lineup which was leaked in 2012