Forum Upgraded to 3.4.3

highvoltage

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not just have multiple skins like GNFNR and give people the option of chosing a color scheme to their liking?

Why not just have multiple skins like GNFNR and give people the option of chosing a color scheme to their liking?

Like I said 3 posts above: multiple skins means that you have more to upgrade with each update of the board software. We just don't generate enough on top of hosting costs to afford it.

I think the work you put in is great. I also think anyone who browses or posts regularly should consider donating regularly even if it is just a small amount. I know a lot of people see internet content as free but I personally would hate to see a forum I enjoy suffer through lack of funds.

#jumpsoffsoapbox

The new system makes editing quotes in posts very awkward. I try to delete just a little bit of a block of text to make the quote easier to read and it takes away the whole quote box. Maybe I just suck at the Internet.

You can always switch to the BBCode editor to use the old quote system. The changes are built into the software though - not something we can customise out.

@Aaron, I was trying to save a little money (I only work two days a week while I study, and support my partner and I) and thought I'd tweaked the skin enough for it to work with minor bugs on 3.4.3. There were some more significant changes I didn't properly anticipate, and the updated skin I made was unuseable - so I had to revert to the default skin until a professional can upgrade ours. I've paid him, so it shouldn't be too long. We don't have a test forum (anymore) to pre-install upgrades on so it all has to be worked on the live board.

Sob story: the skin money came out of my GNR fund. I'm -1 show now so I'm well and truly paying for the mistake. :(

I wasn't being a smart ass, I had just assumed that the changelog would be explicit about the changes since the previous version. Regardless, you answered my question. I'm glad you managed to get everything sorted in the end.

Sorry about the GNR show :(

i am having issues with the fast response box. i hit post and it didn't respond, so then i hit it again and it double-posted.

i am having issues with the fast response box. i hit post and it didn't respond, so then i hit it again and it double-posted.

edit: see what i mean?

having the same issue.

edit: see what i mean?

Just been fixed!

Anyone still having this issue?

It continues to baffle me what a bunch of ungrateful shits some people on here are.

Keep up the good work HV!

WTF. I asked a simple question about something being talked about? Do you just look for shit to bitch about? Just because I am the one that posted it, that doesn't mean I was an ungrateful shit.

P.S. Be grateful and donate.

Thanks guys, I'll sort the font sizes/Attitude out shortly.

The new quote system was pretty polarizing on the Invision forums, but the editor in general has been overhauled significantly (it's less buggy in general) so it's worth the nusiance/getting used to.

If you ever have any glitches when quoting, hit the BBCode switch QuAKpPN.png to get a stripped down editor where you can see the tags instead.