Bumblefoot eatmoreheat.com stream: hot sauces and gnr insights. UPDATE: RECORDED VIDEO NOW IN OPENING POST

saber_

Thank you for posting that. =)

No problem o/

"This content is currently not online.

Please browse other great Ustream content in the meantime and check back later to see if the content becomes available.

Thank you!"

This is all I get every time I try this page :(

Estrange... i'm actually watching the video roght now... i pressed F5 just to test and the video still up for me

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brutally honest. Im getting more and more disappointed. Really, if Axl's gonna be like that, cool. Ron will leave, I and several other fans will not be interested anymore and he can make his band officially a nostalgia act. If that is what he wants, Im all for a reunion. At least they'll be more relevant again because the media will be all over it.

Also, DJ, if you ever read this, fuck you for being a total liar and lying to the GnR community. I dont give a fuck about your song ideas, keep those shitty emo songs to yourself and your emo fans and stay away from Guns w/ your mediocre playin and sloppy lead playing. While we're at it, stop raping WTTJ intro riff. Your pick tapping is a disgrace to the GnR songs. Your stage moves are cringeworthy and your rockstar stories are total lies and you're not cool or relevant if you slam the door at a employee's face because she is doing her job. It makes you a dumbass... it is that simple.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=64284.1160

What Jarmo has to say:

"I think there's different ways to look at this. I'm not in a band and I don't write music, so I'm totally speaking as a music fan...
From my little understanding on how bands work, there's either one main song writer who writes a majority of the songs and presents them to the band when it's time to record. GN'R isn't really this kind of band.
Or you sit together and write the songs. With GN'R, the songs are brought in and worked on together.
Now, imagine if you go for that approach. You have the band writing songs together. That can also be done in different ways. The whole band doesn't have to do it at the same time in the same place. Do you need all eight people in the same room to write songs?
You can have whoever working with somebody else or in small group(s). Bumblefoot could write a riff, show it to Frank and Tommy. Then they work on it and bring in the rest of the band. Maybe Tommy has a song idea, maybe Dizzy has worked on one with Dj! Who knows... I think you get the idea.
So, as far as I know, the whole "we haven't sat as a band together to write songs" doesn't necessarily mean that much. Through the history of the band, none of the albums were all written by the band members in the studio together. Appetite, Lies and Use Your Illusion had songs on them that existed in some shape before GN'R existed. Chinese Democracy was also written with different people.
According to Bumblefoot, they haven't worked on new songs as a band. But that doesn't mean there's no songs that could end up on the next album. Dj has mentioned writing a bunch of stuff. I wonder if Bumblefoot has done the same? Nobody ever asked him if he's written anything that he would present to the band...
/jarmo"

Brutally honest. Im getting more and more disappointed. Really, if Axl's gonna be like that, cool. Ron will leave, I and several other fans will not be interested anymore and he can make his band officially a nostalgia act. If that is what he wants, Im all for a reunion. At least they'll be more relevant again because the media will be all over it.

Also, DJ, if you ever read this, fuck you for being a total liar and lying to the GnR community. I dont give a fuck about your song ideas, keep those shitty emo songs to yourself and your emo fans and stay away from Guns w/ your mediocre playin and sloppy lead playing. While we're at it, stop raping WTTJ intro riff. Your pick tapping is a disgrace to the GnR songs. Your stage moves are cringeworthy and your rockstar stories are total lies and you're not cool or relevant if you slam the door at a employee's face because she is doing her job. It makes you a dumbass... it is that simple.

I'm not so convinced DJ is lying so much as he and Ron are looking at it different ways. Ron says they haven't written songs together, DJ says he's written songs that have been submitted to Axl. It may just be a matter of perspective and semantics, more than anything.

Ali

DJ showed Axl 12 songs yet they didn't record anything. That must be awesome - you show your band leader 12 songs, he likes them and nothing happens. That's probably why Buckethead, Josh and Finck walked away - they loved that fkd up way to write/record something.

Ali, he probably showed Axl 12 songs. He said that, cool. But he should have stopped there - he should not be saying that their focus is to release something if they haven't even worked on his songs. He should never be saying that "As a producer and a writer, I'm writing songs on the clock" or something similar to that. He's implying that they're working on songs, either writing or recording them. Which is a lie. He's been bullshitting the GnR community for years now. I don't give a fuck if he heard Axl's songs. I want to listen to them. Seeing a band member say that year after year and getting people's hopes up is totally unecessary. But by saying that the story will be posted on TMZ or any other news sites, so more people will know that he's in GnR and "writing songs with Axl Rose". He's all for the money and fame, he doesn't care about fans. He cares about his shitty swag. That's why MANY fans don't like him and will never like him - he's a liar, commercial whore who doesn't even consider himself what he is - an average/bad generic guitarist.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IN WHICH MINUTE HE TALKS ABOUT THE GENERAL RIFF?

No.

He didn't actually say a lot about it. It was more like "The General has a great riff like nana bam!" and that was it. I kind of feel sorry for you guys, all desperate for new stuff. :lol:

I posted this on HTGTH, so might as well post if here too.

If there's no intentions to release music in the near future (or even the future) than why should the band record and write songs for GN'R? When it's quite clear that the frontman (and the man in charge) Axl Rose, doesn't seem to want to put out new music.

People can make up all the excuses they want, the point is if Axl wanted to release new music, we would get new music. I can't see the record company being any more of a problem than Axl himself. He's the one that held them up for 14 years and 14 millions dollars, it's not out of the question to think that maybe they don't want to help Axl anymore because their afraid he'll pull the same stuff on them again. Or maybe Axl isn't able to meet with the record company "half-way" and make a deal. Maybe he wants this big elaborate scheme of promotion and the record company are afraid he'll go MIA like he did when Chinese Democracy came out? I'm just speculating, but it's possible.

And it's annoying too, to have to speculate, and wish, and guess, and hope that we might get new music one day from my favorite band and frontman. I'm just an Axl Rose fan, and I would love nothing more than to get new music from him. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, it's pretty much impossible for the band to act like a normal rock band. When you have bands like Bon Jovi and Metiallca, and pretty much every other fuckin' rock band out there filling the fans in on what's going on with new music, us GN'R fans are left in the dark and guessing. Hell, the band doesn't even seem like they know what's going on a pertains to new music.

Before, Axl seemingly had fire and determination to move forward with GN'R and move this band out of the old bands shadow. To show the world that he doesn't need Slash and the old band to be successful and popular. We were getting new music, Chinese Democracy was inevitable, we were getting leaks. Stuff was happening as regards to new music. Now, Axl's (IMO) lost the fire. And ,instead of moving on with the new band, their just along for the ride. Instead of making stuff new, they'll just cover music they had fuck all to do with. And people an call me negative or what have you, but it's the truth. I just want this band to record and release new music. Or put of the music from the Buckethead/Finck era. Or a boxset. Or a single. Or just give us some fuckin' news about what we can expect as regards to new music. Every members say's something completely different from the other, it's annoying. I want this band to move forward. I'm afraid the longer they go without new material, the more of a chance Bumblefoot or DJ might leave because I highly doubt they signed on to GN'R to be a cover band. Their musicians, and they write music. If they can't write music for GN'R, it wouldn't shock me if they went somewhere else. And they wouldn't be the first one's to leave because of nothing getting done? Remember Buckethead? Or Robin Finck?

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Bruno is pretty much on the money.

It's nice to see some refreshing honesty from Bumblefoot though! Sounds like he's really pushing Axl passive aggresively here - "if everyone came together unanimously" ie Axl because everybody else in the band has already stated their desire to record & release new music.
I wonder how Axl will respond....

Personally I would love to hear the 'old' material first, especially as it would probably mean a new record sooner.

I posted this on HTGTH, so might as well post if here too.

If there's no intentions to release music in the near future (or even the future) than why should the band record and write songs for GN'R? When it's quite clear that the frontman (and the man in charge) Axl Rose, doesn't seem to want to put out new music.

People can make up all the excuses they want, the point is if Axl wanted to release new music, we would get new music. I can't see the record company being any more of a problem than Axl himself. He's the one that held them up for 14 years and 14 millions dollars, it's not out of the question to think that maybe they don't want to help Axl anymore because their afraid he'll pull the same stuff on them again. Or maybe Axl isn't able to meet with the record company "half-way" and make a deal. Maybe he wants this big elaborate scheme of promotion and the record company are afraid he'll go MIA like he did when Chinese Democracy came out? I'm just speculating, but it's possible.

And it's annoying too, to have to speculate, and wish, and guess, and hope that we might get new music one day from my favorite band and frontman. I'm just an Axl Rose fan, and I would love nothing more than to get new music from him. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, it's pretty much impossible for the band to act like a normal rock band. When you have bands like Bon Jovi and Metiallca, and pretty much every other fuckin' rock band out there filling the fans in on what's going on with new music, us GN'R fans are left in the dark and guessing. Hell, the band doesn't even seem like they know what's going on a pertains to new music.

Before, Axl seemingly had fire and determination to move forward with GN'R and move this band out of the old bands shadow. To show the world that he doesn't need Slash and the old band to be successful and popular. We were getting new music, Chinese Democracy was inevitable, we were getting leaks. Stuff was happening as regards to new music. Now, Axl's (IMO) lost the fire. And ,instead of moving on with the new band, their just along for the ride. Instead of making stuff new, they'll just cover music they had fuck all to do with. And people an call me negative or what have you, but it's the truth. I just want this band to record and release new music. Or put of the music from the Buckethead/Finck era. Or a boxset. Or a single. Or just give us some fuckin' news about what we can expect as regards to new music. Every members say's something completely different from the other, it's annoying. I want this band to move forward. I'm afraid the longer they go without new material, the more of a chance Bumblefoot or DJ might leave because I highly doubt they signed on to GN'R to be a cover band. Their musicians, and they write music. If they can't write music for GN'R, it wouldn't shock me if they went somewhere else. And they wouldn't be the first one's to leave because of nothing getting done? Remember Buckethead? Or Robin Finck?

You did? You can say bye to your account. You'll get banned, how you dare to question lord Axl at HTGTH?

Edited by pi2loc

Bruno is pretty much on the money.

It's nice to see some refreshing honesty from Bumblefoot though! Sounds like he's really pushing Axl passive aggresively here - "if everyone came together unanimously" ie Axl because everybody else in the band has already stated their desire to record & release new music.

I wonder how Axl will respond....

Personally I would love to hear the 'old' material first, especially as it would probably mean a new record sooner.

That's why I think the idea of a box-set, or even a double album of the older material would work wonders for the current band. Just put the music out there for the die-hards, than start from scratch. Sure, the "start from scratch" stuff could take a few years, but if they already have idea's, they instead of pushing aside possible epic songs like The General and Soul Monster, put them out first. Give the fans SOMETHING to listen to as regards to new material, even if it's not "new." Than, they can all come together and work out music for a potential release in 2015. Than, there's your trilogy. 3 albums of new material (or one new album and a box-set.) That way, everyone is happy. The die-hard fans are happy Axl didn't let his songs be covered by dust in his vault, and the new band is happy that they put out a new album that they wrote themselves.

Or, they can continue to a nostalgia act and one (or two) more members will leave. Thus making it more difficult to make a new album.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IN WHICH MINUTE HE TALKS ABOUT THE GENERAL RIFF?

No.

He didn't actually say a lot about it. It was more like "The General has a great riff like nana bam!" and that was it. I kind of feel sorry for you guys, all desperate for new stuff. :lol:

And that's what I want to know, where he says "nana bam" as you said

DJ showed Axl 12 songs yet they didn't record anything. That must be awesome - you show your band leader 12 songs, he likes them and nothing happens. That's probably why Buckethead, Josh and Finck walked away - they loved that fkd up way to write/record something.

Ali, he probably showed Axl 12 songs. He said that, cool. But he should have stopped there - he should not be saying that their focus is to release something if they haven't even worked on his songs. He should never be saying that "As a producer and a writer, I'm writing songs on the clock" or something similar to that. He's implying that they're working on songs, either writing or recording them. Which is a lie. He's been bullshitting the GnR community for years now. I don't give a fuck if he heard Axl's songs. I want to listen to them. Seeing a band member say that year after year and getting people's hopes up is totally unecessary. But by saying that the story will be posted on TMZ or any other news sites, so more people will know that he's in GnR and "writing songs with Axl Rose". He's all for the money and fame, he doesn't care about fans. He cares about his shitty swag. That's why MANY fans don't like him and will never like him - he's a liar, commercial whore who doesn't even consider himself what he is - an average/bad generic guitarist.

That appears to be why Buckethead left, but we don't know about Freese or Finck other than touring with and working with other bands.

I see where you are coming from. Perhaps DJ should have only said he's submitted songs to Axl. That may have been better. But, I don't think his statements were malicious in intent so much as overly positive to the point of some feeling mislead.

As far as the quality of his playing or his motivations, that's neither here nor there for me as far as this discussion goes.

Ali

I wonder if Team Brazil will put BBF on timeout for his remarks. BBF is the only one that tells it like it is. He's really the only one that gives us a peek inside the GN'R camp through his commentary. And for that I respect him a lot.

It sounds like he's hurting inside. He loves making music and this is the greatest opportunity presented to him. And it's a dead end. Let's not kid ourselves here. How many more guitarists will come and go? I see BBF calling it quits soon. Again just my opinion.

Edited by axlrosefan1

Just release the unheard material this year and then work on fresh new music by this line up and release next year or 2015.

Not sure what Axl is sitting on, why he needs such a LONG time to decide on things like these? Or everything is dictated by Team Brazil?