Bumblefoot eatmoreheat.com stream: hot sauces and gnr insights. UPDATE: RECORDED VIDEO NOW IN OPENING POST

saber_

Where is the integrity in him?

I think he has more of it than Axl and his other yes-men actually. He's eager, driven, creative, honest to his fans and doesn't want to give people false hopes.

I strongly prefer that dose of cold hard truth over Axl's nothingness.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the integrity in him?

You can tell the guy's just sick of the obstacles that come with being in "GNR". Just in his expressions and his tone.

I think Bumble wants to make a name for himself through Axl, as this is his only chance at having any relevancy in his career, and it's either this or going back to playing bars for 50 people. I think he also realizes his leverage that it will be a pain in the ass for Axl to replace, yet, another employee, and believes Axl doesn't want to add fuel to the fire that he's a pain in the ass/"revolving door of musicians", so he knows he can get away with talking shit in hopes Axl gets off his ass and gets productive. Mostly my theory of course, but not too far fetched if I do say so myself.

I think once Bumbles feels both financially secure and frustrated enough, he'll leave. It's only a matter of time.

lool...i guess everyone has an opinion but dude...you're just stupid

He's honest and has integrity. I respect that. He's the only guy that has gotten the other guys in a studio with him, albeit 'Pink Panther' but still. He's not just another yes Axl God Sir man

I don't like most of his CD solos. I think his solo solos blow 'em out of the water. I think he has a lot of potential and at least somebody throws it out to Axl to work on new shit.

I don't think BBF will get fired. Axl hasn't fired that many people to my knowledge, most of them quit. The money is in touring these days and because GNR constantly have shows booked it would be very inconvenient to replace him, BBF probably knows this so he would have to say some real shit to lose his job.

I sometimes wonder if maybe Axl gets a kick out of withholding the opportunity for them to be involved in a new album-the more they want it the more he holds off. A bit like people who withhold sex and affection from their partners as a power and control game.

I could see withholding affection, but sex? That's crazy.

I don't think BBF will get fired. Axl hasn't fired that many people to my knowledge, most of them quit. The money is in touring these days and because GNR constantly have shows booked it would be very inconvenient to replace him, BBF probably knows this so he would have to say some real shit to lose his job.

I sometimes wonder if maybe Axl gets a kick out of withholding the opportunity for them to be involved in a new album-the more they want it the more he holds off. A bit like people who withhold sex and affection from their partners as a power and control game.

I could see withholding affection, but sex? That's crazy.

Ha ha, it's probably more of a female power play...but not always, I had an ex like that.

Axl's not going to fire him because he's complaining, and this is a question he gets asked constantly.

Caram's the only one who probably can answer what's going on with new music, and has any inkling of when Axl wants to go back in the studio. We don't know how often they get together to discuss it, my guess is it almost never comes up, but we can only speculate.

I do think DJ was told they'd be working on new music and he's probably feeling shortchanged creatively, but he probably would've been better off designing road clothes for the band and sitting on his ass.

Why is this guy just bitching again and not quitting if he is so frustrated as he sounds?

You should ask yourself the same question about the band and this forum.

Edited by brainsaber

DJ showed Axl 12 songs yet they didn't record anything. That must be awesome - you show your band leader 12 songs, he likes them and nothing happens. That's probably why Buckethead, Josh and Finck walked away - they loved that fkd up way to write/record something.

Ali, he probably showed Axl 12 songs. He said that, cool. But he should have stopped there - he should not be saying that their focus is to release something if they haven't even worked on his songs. He should never be saying that "As a producer and a writer, I'm writing songs on the clock" or something similar to that. He's implying that they're working on songs, either writing or recording them. Which is a lie. He's been bullshitting the GnR community for years now. I don't give a fuck if he heard Axl's songs. I want to listen to them. Seeing a band member say that year after year and getting people's hopes up is totally unecessary. But by saying that the story will be posted on TMZ or any other news sites, so more people will know that he's in GnR and "writing songs with Axl Rose". He's all for the money and fame, he doesn't care about fans. He cares about his shitty swag. That's why MANY fans don't like him and will never like him - he's a liar, commercial whore who doesn't even consider himself what he is - an average/bad generic guitarist.

My thoughts exactly

Also, i never knew that you're THAT MUCH critic toward DJ or to the band...

i think you're a diehard Axl fan (a nutswinger)

But this shows to me, if a new album wouldn't come out in 2-3 years, GNR & Axl flushing down on the toilet artistically

Not a good thing, imo

Yes, I love the band. I mean, I love the live shows and all of that. But Axl is truly the weak link right now. Axl and DJ. They cant seem to have any consistency, they cant seem to care about doing a great show to the fans, etc. I mean, I'm sure Axl tries to give fans their money worth, but if he truly cared about the fans waiting for him, he'd be on the venue 6, 5, 4 or 3 hours prior to the shows. He would rehearse. Axl is the weak link artistically and in a live setting as well.

You may consider me a "nutter", lol, but I got no problem with that. But I'm not gonna love everyone Axl gets on board (DJ) or praise everyone in the band, not really. Pitman may be the worst backing vox out there, and he does too many unecessary shit especially on the old songs. Rich, while pretty good, doesn't seem to be a great songwriter and can't handle Bucket's stuff properly. He poses too much on stage sometimes, too, and that's unecessary. Frank is getting the DJ syndrome as he's fucking up badly constantly to the point that sometimes I feel like he's simply hitting his drums randomly. Axl should never sing a 3-hour show. He's not singing all the time, I know, but he can't handle a 3-hour concert, period. By the end of the concert he sounds like shit, half the venue left when they play PC - the other half is there through the motions, but they are truly exhausted due to the long concert and the long wait. He's holding the guys back by not changing the setlist. They would love to play other songs, but Axl I-dont-want-to-leave-my-comfort-zone Rose can't sing or doesnt want to sing them. These are my biggest complaints and I feel that most fans would agree with me, or with us for that matter. (Ps.: my views on the band members are personal, but when I'm talking about the setlist, the wait, lack of new album, rehearsals, etc, I'm talking as an average GnR fan)

won't be surprised if bbf gets fired in the next days. team brazil will be aware of this. axl won't tolerate this behavior. even ron trying not to sound so harsh. oh boy, i don't like ron's guitar playing but he's indeed a good guy. too bad he enjoys the mone he earns from gnr. he could do some sreious damage to stupid fat axl by leavgin him right now.

I might agree with you for once regarding him leaving Axl. What would Axl do at this point? Beg Buckethead to come back and play his own parts on CD? Beg someone like Guthrie Govan, Steve Vai or Paul Gilbert to do the job? Ask Finck to come back and hope that Richard can fill Bucket's and Ron's shoes?

If Axl's gonna be like that, I'm all for it.

Wow. Glad he actually came out with that. It doesn't come off as bitching or anything like that to me. The guy is a creative individual and sees the potential this line up has to create music together. I'm glad he was honest about it and didn't pull an Ashba or even worse a Dizzy where it's a bunch of umms and ahhhs. Blame Axl for the lack of cohesion between the band outside of touring, he pays their salaries and calls the shots.

Guest bellastar2355

What a complete bitch,wanting to make music with his bandmates for the bands fans and being honest with fans. What a douche

Yea, how dare he

Because he realizes what the vast majority of music fans, Guns n' Roses fans, and members of this board (except for about 10 sycophants) realized quite some time ago. This organization has been quixotic, surreal and completely dysfunctional for 20 years, and NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Axl Rose simply will not, or can not, release anything to the public or move this band forward in any way.

It's a shame really, there has been so much potential that could have extended beyond one album in 20 years plus relentless touring.

I think he's frustrated because if what Richard says is true, in that there will be new music later this year, its most likely going to be a reissue with some different songs from the CD sessions, and Ron will be doing much the same as he did on CD. Imo, those songs are near completion which explains why stuff is being passed back and forth, just to touch them up, and also why their not in the studio.

He wants to make music with the current lineup, that's where his frustration lies, but its not in his hands.

If he wasn't told this up front, then that's a problem to, but he should know what he's being held to contractually.

Edited by T.wa.T

"You know what? Just forget about a new record until it happens. I mean, like, I can't even begin....How long we been talkin' about a new fuckin' record?...And I'm the only one that doesn't bullshit you people about it and I say, you know, no we haven't been in the studio together, no we haven't started writing together as a band, and if something came out at this point, it would be very old material that is just being released now. So it'd be unheard material, but to me, I don't consider that a new record, I consider that just releasing old material from a band that doesn't exist anymore. And we need to make an album of this band right now. And, you know, I just text Axl, I just hit up Axl again two days ago, I was like 'hey while we're in Australia let's make some music, let's work on some stuff', but we'll see what happens, you know?....We'll see happens, that's all I can say....All I can is it's not up to me, it has to be unanimous....As far as seeing a new album in the future, I don't see it in the near future, it's going to be a while if it's going to be this band writing from the beginning."

Edited by Vincent Vega

What a great interview.

Nice to see somebody being so honest.

I hope Axl, Beta and Fernando have all watched it and realize that the ENTIRE band wants to write and record.

Hopefully someday Team Brazil will let the current band have their chance to shine and put their own mark on the GnR name.