Bumblefoot eatmoreheat.com stream: hot sauces and gnr insights. UPDATE: RECORDED VIDEO NOW IN OPENING POST

saber_

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely respect Bumblefoot for just speaking his mind like that. It might not be what people want to hear but at least it's the truth. He gives credit where credit is due and admits touring is a lot of fun for them all but is straight up that no one should hold their breath for an album and he's waiting as much as the fans for it to happen.

DJ showed Axl 12 songs yet they didn't record anything. That must be awesome - you show your band leader 12 songs, he likes them and nothing happens. That's probably why Buckethead, Josh and Finck walked away - they loved that fkd up way to write/record something.

Ali, he probably showed Axl 12 songs. He said that, cool. But he should have stopped there - he should not be saying that their focus is to release something if they haven't even worked on his songs. He should never be saying that "As a producer and a writer, I'm writing songs on the clock" or something similar to that. He's implying that they're working on songs, either writing or recording them. Which is a lie. He's been bullshitting the GnR community for years now. I don't give a fuck if he heard Axl's songs. I want to listen to them. Seeing a band member say that year after year and getting people's hopes up is totally unecessary. But by saying that the story will be posted on TMZ or any other news sites, so more people will know that he's in GnR and "writing songs with Axl Rose". He's all for the money and fame, he doesn't care about fans. He cares about his shitty swag. That's why MANY fans don't like him and will never like him - he's a liar, commercial whore who doesn't even consider himself what he is - an average/bad generic guitarist.

My thoughts exactly

Also, i never knew that you're THAT MUCH critic toward DJ or to the band...

i think you're a diehard Axl fan (a nutswinger)

But this shows to me, if a new album wouldn't come out in 2-3 years, GNR & Axl flushing down on the toilet artistically

Not a good thing, imo

:/

Yeah, so he wanted to get out of the band...

That's the only reason to get his balls and talking about the truth (from his point of view)

I like this guy from day to day stronger.

he is the only one that speaks what in his mind, rather than DJ CASHBA or anybody...

Edited by Crash Diet

won't be surprised if bbf gets fired in the next days. team brazil will be aware of this. axl won't tolerate this behavior. even ron trying not to sound so harsh. oh boy, i don't like ron's guitar playing but he's indeed a good guy. too bad he enjoys the mone he earns from gnr. he could do some sreious damage to stupid fat axl by leavgin him right now.

Word. Great to see BBF speaking up and telling it like it is as far as new music goes.
As depressing as it is, it's the truth.

We can only work within the reality we find ourselves, and right now, that reality doesn't include new music from Guns N Roses.

I suppose every time you get frustrated with your girlfriend/wife/business partner, your answer is just to quit.

Maybe he gets to the point that you're already ascribing for him, but just because he expresses his frustration with the lack of productivity doesn't mean he's on the verge of quitting.

Did you question Axl's integrity when he gave a tentative release for Chinese Democracy that missed the mark by a year and a half? What about the integrity of the other guys in the band who continually blow smoke up fans' asses concerning the release of new music. Where's the integrity in selling fan-club memberships, promising "exclusive" content like music and interviews and delivering none of that?

I give the guy far more respect for giving the fans the straight goods on where things stand than ambiguous or unrealistically optimistic responses to questions fans want to know about. You may take issue with his sense of loyalty to Axl and the other guys, but the guy is at least honest and upfront with the fans of the band.

Edited by downzy

Where is the integrity in him?

You can tell the guy's just sick of the obstacles that come with being in "GNR". Just in his expressions and his tone.

I think Bumble wants to make a name for himself through Axl, as this is his only chance at having any relevancy in his career, and it's either this or going back to playing bars for 50 people. I think he also realizes his leverage that it will be a pain in the ass for Axl to replace, yet, another employee, and believes Axl doesn't want to add fuel to the fire that he's a pain in the ass/"revolving door of musicians", so he knows he can get away with talking shit in hopes Axl gets off his ass and gets productive. Mostly my theory of course, but not too far fetched if I do say so myself.

I think once Bumbles feels both financially secure and frustrated enough, he'll leave. It's only a matter of time.

Q: Why is this guy just bitching again and not quitting if he is so frustrated as he sounds?

A: The same thing a lot of people here do..keep complaining about Axl but are still here everyday typing away. Because a lot of people here (and BBF) want CHANGE. For the BETTER. That's WHY fans don't quit being fans of GNR despite being labeled as haters and BBF still hasn't quit GNR.

Where is the integrity in him?

probably the answer is the same if you take yourself this question...

Why is this guy just bitching again in GNR forums and not qutting the forums if he is so frustrated as he sounds

Btw i truly think BBF wants to get out at some point. That's the only logical answer to his behaviour

He's being honest! He probably doesn't see logic in releasing unheard material from a band that is long gone...that makes sense.

That's why i think Axl should release the "Unheard songs" from the long gone band in a boxset, but i don't thing he will ever do that as i think he would feel he was wasting some good songs. Boxsets are not as marketable as new albums. Not all fans are gonna be willing to buy a special boxset that will cost 40 to 50 bucks instead of 13 bucks.

Because he realizes what the vast majority of music fans, Guns n' Roses fans, and members of this board (except for about 10 sycophants) realized quite some time ago. This organization has been quixotic, surreal and completely dysfunctional for 20 years, and NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Axl Rose simply will not, or can not, release anything to the public or move this band forward in any way.

I used to work for a politician (a rare one with integrity, she was totally shafted in the end but that's another story) I asked her why she got into politics and she said 'because the best way to change something is from the inside'.

I think this is why BBF doesn't quit because he must still think he has a chance of making a difference. Maybe Axl makes all the right noises but then when it comes down to it...

Edited by alfierose

I don't think BBF will get fired. Axl hasn't fired that many people to my knowledge, most of them quit. The money is in touring these days and because GNR constantly have shows booked it would be very inconvenient to replace him, BBF probably knows this so he would have to say some real shit to lose his job.

I sometimes wonder if maybe Axl gets a kick out of withholding the opportunity for them to be involved in a new album-the more they want it the more he holds off. A bit like people who withhold sex and affection from their partners as a power and control game.

I used to work for a politician (a rare one with integrity, she was totally shafted in the end but that's another story) I asked her why she got into politics and she said 'because the best way to change something is from the inside'.

I think this is why BBF doesn't quit because he must still think he has a chance of making a difference. Maybe Axl makes all the right noises but then when it comes down to it...

That seems a little dramatic. He's obviously frustrated that people keep asking him the same questions about something he has zero power over, even when he's made that clear over and over for the past 3 years.

That seems a little dramatic. He's obviously frustrated that people keep asking him the same questions about something he has zero power over, even when he's made that clear over and over for the past 3 years.

Not really, he has spoke about his desire to make music with GNR often. He's not going to get to do that from outside the band.