DIVINE FITS’ BRITT DANIEL: AXL ROSE IS ‘THE WORST'

Un42nutzly

Not really. I've never heard of the guy or his band. So anything he says or does is completely irrelevant to me. To be an "accomplished musician," I would take that as meaning you've had some success and/or fame. I've never heard of him. Has my head been buring in the sand? Am I missing something?

So to be an "accomplished musician" the only criterion is that he has to have relevance to you specifically?

If you're considered accomplished, I'd say you've at least accomplished the task of having the average person to be aware you exist. Whoever made the comment (I forget his name and his band already) hasn't been able to do so yet.

Again, that is your definition of accomplished aka relevance to your own criteria.

You not knowing him doesn't equate to non-accomplished musician persay. You should look up their stats and sales numbers, like it or not they are an accomplished band

Not that I really care about what he said about Axl anyway

Edited by WhazUp

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. I've never heard of the guy or his band. So anything he says or does is completely irrelevant to me. To be an "accomplished musician," I would take that as meaning you've had some success and/or fame. I've never heard of him. Has my head been buring in the sand? Am I missing something?

So to be an "accomplished musician" the only criterion is that he has to have relevance to you specifically?

If you're considered accomplished, I'd say you've at least accomplished the task of having the average person to be aware you exist. Whoever made the comment (I forget his name and his band already) hasn't been able to do so yet.

This is so fucking retarded.

I was on a first date tonight. My date had heard of GNR but couldn't name a single song or the lead singer. I was shocked, so I called the hostess over. She was as clueless as my date. I guess Axl ain't accomplished either.

And yet, if he had sang Axl's praises, we'd be getting, "I always liked that guy! Totally underrated". :jerkoff:

This. It's so funny how people on here freak out. Someone doesn't like Axl because of his attitude, diva behavior, etc? Shocking.

lol your date hadn't heard of your favorite band, so you called over the hostess for backup and you call me retarded?? Hahahahahahaha

Are you more pissed this girl couldn't name your favorite bands' songs, that the hostess couldn't name any songs (which had to make you look like an asshole even getting her involved), or that I've never heard of the guy who said he doesn't like Axl? Just trying to get an idea of where your anger is coming from.

lol your date hadn't heard of your favorite band, so you called over the hostess for backup and you call me retarded?? Hahahahahahaha

Are you more pissed this girl couldn't name your favorite bands' songs, that the hostess couldn't name any songs (which had to make you look like an asshole even getting her involved), or that I've never heard of the guy who said he doesn't like Axl? Just trying to get an idea of where your anger is coming from.

Holy shit you're stupid.

And get it straight. They're not my favorite band. I'm a bitter ex-fan hater cupcake.

Edited by magisme

I'm sorry if you're a fan of Britt Daniel and I offended you. I still don't care what his opinion is. That was my first post in this thread and, for whatever reason, I was attacked for questioning his credentials. If you're a fan and take his word as the gospel and something you too should follow, then be my guest. I don't agree or disagree with him. I simply asked why his opinion matters and what he's accomplished. I was called retarded for doing so. I sometimes forget the immaturity and downright stupidity of internet forum goers.

Holy shit you're stupid.

And get it straight. They're not my favorite band. I'm a bitter ex-fan hater cupcake.

Not to mention a guy who made a fool of hiimself on a first date and continuously on a gnr forum

I'm sorry if you're a fan of Britt Daniel and I offended you. I still don't care what his opinion is. That was my first post in this thread and, for whatever reason, I was attacked for questioning his credentials. If you're a fan and take his word as the gospel and something you too should follow, then be my guest. I don't agree or disagree with him. I simply asked why his opinion matters and what he's accomplished. I was called retarded for doing so. I sometimes forget the immaturity and downright stupidity of internet forum goers.

Read through the thread again and see if anything you said makes sense. If you think it does, get some help with reading comprehension.

And you still don't get the point of the date story. Made a fool of myself? :rofl-lol:

Peace.

Read through the thread again and see if anything you said makes sense. If you think it does, get some help with reading comprehension.

And you still don't get the point of the date story. Made a fool of myself? :rofl-lol:

Peace.

You're right. Brit Daniel is the shit and your girl is an idiot because she can't name GNR songs.

and uh if you want to have an opinion on Axl, it would likely be better if you actually knew him... oh if we you for that matter...

Well that's a bit of a silly thing to say because you're actually invalidating your own opinion.

I was on a first date tonight. My date had heard of GNR but couldn't name a single song or the lead singer. I was shocked, so I called the hostess over. She was as clueless as my date. I guess Axl ain't accomplished either.

Can we assume there won't be a second date? Is the GNR question one of your screening tactics?

I honestly never heard of him or his bands. Personally, he seems bitter. But hey, that's indy bands for you.

Smart move on his part though, just that one statement and his name & band have received more publicity than ever before.

This first date, will you be seeing him again? :confused:

So a guy in a hipster band for 2 decades got under some fans' skin? Thought it was amusing. A lot of "indie rockers" loved AFD and hated UYI. It was a game changing album for a lot of people.

He made a point, how does anyone deal with fame, he's had minor amounts of it over the years - if you were an asshole before, you're going to still be an asshole once you're famous. Some bands feel Axl disrespects the audience by showing up late and throwing tantrums, storming off stage. You can defend him and say he does show up "less late", and hasn't stormed off stage in years, but that's not his point.

I never thought he was a racist or a homophobe because of that song, any more than Bob Marley shot up a sheriff, or Lou Reed advocating heroin use.