The Axl hacks: truth, or attempts to save face?

Guest NGOG

Do effective meds explain the happier, more co-operative Axl of late?

Maybe the band finally has a manager who is looking out for Axl's health n' interests rather than trying to dupe the band into a reunion.

Who would that be? There was noone with the band in Canada except Team Brazil. And Axl wasn't as outgoing/happy/co-operative then as he is now.

Well Team Brazil was not officially managing the band in 2010 and most of 2011. Now they are. Axl has been "more co-operative Axl of late" to quote you directly. Not sure what you are asking me?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

according to the emails that were stolen from beta and held hostage by MSL, axl would regularly go on a manic depressive whirlwind and attempt to quit or dissolve, but then beta would talk him off the ledge and keep the cash cow flowing.

Yes. On 2002 when he cancelled the tour, that's exactly what happened. He was about to check himself into a psychiatric hospital. Yet, people still bash you if you say Axl's is literally crazy and mentally disabled.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=8172

reading the comment section of this article really takes you back..

Had CD followed the original 3 album format originally planned and the first ended up coming out in 2008, Axl's original plan of putting out an album every 2 years would've had cd 3 coming out in 2012.

We know however that axl was pretty depressed from 2008-2010, so I think he probably drank alot, got drunk, wrote these things, and then took them back when he sobered up.

according to the emails that were stolen from beta and held hostage by MSL, axl would regularly go on a manic depressive whirlwind and attempt to quit or dissolve, but then beta would talk him off the ledge and keep the cash cow flowing.

Yes. On 2002 when he cancelled the tour, that's exactly what happened. He was about to check himself into a psychiatric hospital. Yet, people still bash you if you say Axl's is literally crazy and mentally disabled.

reading the comment section of this article really takes you back..

I have no doubt that axls state of mind was the main reason CD got delayed. Late 90's he was seeing yoda, then early 2001 he seemed pretty normal, but I think around spring 2001 he probably went off the deep end causing issues in the band and that's why the summer shows were cancelled. 2002 he seemed psychotic, he was probably worse 2003-2004, then calmed in 2005.

Just a guess, but it makes sense. Axl was never completely sane, around 40 is the time people have there midlife crisis, he was over worked with CD, and he couldn't keep a stable band.

Son of a bitch, I was gonna make this topic. Anyway, obviously a pathetic damage control. I suspected when they did on the first time, but then again?

Looks like that's their basis excuse for when Axl does something without consulting Team Brazil aka annoucing a new album or cancelling a tour.

By the way, one of the mods - I don't remember if it was HV or Montrealer or anyone else - confirmed that Dexter's IP was from Central America on the incident: exactly where Axl was.

I don't that's correct. That tweet about canceling shows came right after the Sturgis shows. DJ had just tweeted he and Axl were gun shopping in Utah

Sure because blabbermouth is such a reliable source of information :drool:

I'm sitting here laughing at all the e-psychiatrists and experts parading their nonsense around shamelessly. Furthermore, it isn't outside the realm of possibilities that accounts get hacked, both of mine have been - and why is "damage control" needed to placate a crowd of faceless and anonymous herd of clueless people on the internet who overestimate their importance in the first place? :drool:

I'm sitting here laughing at all the e-psychiatrists and experts parading their nonsense around shamelessly. Furthermore, it isn't outside the realm of possibilities that accounts get hacked, both of mine have been - and why is "damage control" needed to placate a crowd of faceless and anonymous herd of clueless people on the internet who overestimate their importance in the first place? :drool:

Welcome back warchild. You sure know how to misuse an emoticon.

I believe putting Team Brazil in charge made Axl a lot more easy going. At least he trusts his own management now. Plus, he knows they won't do anything he doesn't approve. But yeah... Axl is a ticking time bomb. He could one day wake up and dissolve GnR for all we know.

I believe putting Team Brazil in charge made Axl a lot more easy going. At least he trusts his own management now. Plus, he knows they won't do anything he doesn't approve. But yeah... Axl is a ticking time bomb. He could one day wake up and dissolve GnR for all we know.

That would never happen since Team Brazil and all his other entourage would be out of a job and they wouldn't allow that...

That would never happen since Team Brazil and all his other entourage would be out of a job and they wouldn't allow that...

They would try to convince him for sure but in the end he has the final say, iMO.

here's one example of how i think axl's mental illness has manifested itself in awesome guns n' roses songs... sweet child o' mine starts out as a tender song about idealized, almost comically perfect, love, then abruptly changes. not only the music, which is obvious, but the lyrical theme too. suddenly, it's about loss and disillusionment. axl no doubt swung that hard in both directions multiple times -- over girls, bandmembers, business associates, etc... if he hadn't been bipolar, that song probably wouldn't exist. or at least not in that way.

100% agree about the SCOM point. The way he goes from pussy cat to tiger is a small glimpse at Axls personality.

I've said this exact same thing to people over the years. Another example is Kurt Cobain. In Smells Like Teen Spirit, the part when he's singing about ' the end ', and his guitar part is sounding like a warning bell. That's how I hear it anyways.

I guess its their sub ~ consience coming to the surface for a brief moment.

Interesting at the very least.

Son of a bitch, I was gonna make this topic. Anyway, obviously a pathetic damage control. I suspected when they did on the first time, but then again?

Looks like that's their basis excuse for when Axl does something without consulting Team Brazil aka annoucing a new album or cancelling a tour.

By the way, one of the mods - I don't remember if it was HV or Montrealer or anyone else - confirmed that Dexter's IP was from Central America on the incident: exactly where Axl was.

I don't that's correct. That tweet about canceling shows came right after the Sturgis shows. DJ had just tweeted he and Axl were gun shopping in Utah

I was talking about the "New album on 2012" incident, here on this forum. That's why I wrote Dexter instead of @axlrose.

Sure because blabbermouth is such a reliable source of information

The original article is from Chicago Times.

here's one example of how i think axl's mental illness has manifested itself in awesome guns n' roses songs... sweet child o' mine starts out as a tender song about idealized, almost comically perfect, love, then abruptly changes. not only the music, which is obvious, but the lyrical theme too. suddenly, it's about loss and disillusionment. axl no doubt swung that hard in both directions multiple times -- over girls, bandmembers, business associates, etc... if he hadn't been bipolar, that song probably wouldn't exist. or at least not in that way.

100% agree about the SCOM point. The way he goes from pussy cat to tiger is a small glimpse at Axls personality.

I've said this exact same thing to people over the years. Another example is Kurt Cobain. In Smells Like Teen Spirit, the part when he's singing about ' the end ', and his guitar part is sounding like a warning bell. That's how I hear it anyways.

I guess its their sub ~ consience coming to the surface for a brief moment.

Interesting at the very least.

Good post.

There isn't an emoticon to adequately illustrate what I'm thinking about all the armchair psychiatry going on up in here.

The "bipolar" label was dismissed during the chats, but society isn't comfortable unless they place labels on people and pigeonhole them into categories that they, the public, can be comfortable with.

I believe it was hacked, there is no need to impress a gaggle of morons on the internet that don't particularly matter.

You complain about armchair psychiatry..........say that society isn't comfortable unless they place lables on people.......complain about people insulting others.......and then call posters you disagree with a "gaggle of morons on the internet that don't particularly matter.

Weird how all your complaints can be directly applied to 100% of everything you post. Often in the same post.

I would think you were doing it jokingly or sarcastically to be funny..........except you do it in ALL your alternative accounts that you make. You had the same style last year when you were pretending to be a 50-year-old man named Sailway. How come you lied about who you were? How come you keep coming back under different names and pretend to be different people?

There isn't an emoticon to adequately illustrate what I'm thinking about all the armchair psychiatry going on up in here.
The "bipolar" label was dismissed during the chats, but society isn't comfortable unless they place labels on people and pigeonhole them into categories that they, the public, can be comfortable with.
I believe it was hacked, there is no need to impress a gaggle of morons on the internet that don't particularly matter.

I think like a lot of people Axl reacts on impulse; I do the same thing where you get so angry/annoyed etc about a particular situation and react too quickly but once you have the chance to calm down and think about alternative solutions you realize the first reaction wasn't necessarily the right one...thus why he perhaps has tweeted, posted etc and then blamed it on hackers...

Then there was the instance where 'Dexter', the account from which Axl conducted various chats in 2008, posted to claim there would be a new GNR record in 2012. While one of the then mods suggested he didn't see anything suspicious about the post, the post was later blamed again, on a hacker.

I can't speak for the Twitter incident, but the Dexter account hack was 100% true. The same person that hacked Beta's email (by guessing her secret question is what I assume) was the perpetrator.

I know this, because the IP address that posted that message belonged to another (infrequent) user here... someone Brazilian and quite young, from what I recall.

Then there was the instance where 'Dexter', the account from which Axl conducted various chats in 2008, posted to claim there would be a new GNR record in 2012. While one of the then mods suggested he didn't see anything suspicious about the post, the post was later blamed again, on a hacker.

I can't speak for the Twitter incident, but the Dexter account hack was 100% true. The same person that hacked Beta's email (by guessing her secret question is what I assume) was the perpetrator.

I know this, because the IP address that posted that message belonged to another (infrequent) user here... someone Brazilian and quite young, from what I recall.

Dexter should return here

Thanks for posting that info and stemming the endless speculation :thumbsup:

Not to be obtuse, but why would that be beneficial ?

*Some* people here make it difficult, if not impossible, in addition to a hostile atmosphere for anyone closely associated with GNR to speak here, remember the "rousing welcome" afforded Ron/BBF by a small handful of members here?

Not to be obtuse, but why would that be beneficial ?

*Some* people here make it difficult, if not impossible, in addition to a hostile atmosphere for anyone closely associated with GNR to speak here, remember the "rousing welcome" afforded Ron/BBF by a small handful of members here?

I actually fully agree with what you have to say here.