Limp Bizkit dress up as GNR and cover 2.5 GNR songs in Perth for Halloween

Amir

http://www.thearmpit.net/eng/2013/10/31/photos-limp-bizkit-dresses-up-as-guns-n-roses-for-halloween/ (thanks to Sheldon for link)

axlslash-300x300.jpg

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/limp-bizkit/2013/metro-city-perth-australia-7bc74ec4.html

Opened with WTTJ, did end verse of Patience, and covered SCOM (which they've done before in their own nu-metal style, don't know how they played it this time).

Ha - "Axl" making a duck face.

Nail on the head right their. "Classic Guns" image over music. Current Guns "Music over Image"

Yeah- becsuse we how this current line up is all about writing/recording & releasing music! LOL. Maybe they should work on that rather than touring over & over playing music that they had zero to do with.

They did a reasonable job on the costumes ( the axl and slash one's not the other two lol) mind you Slash has to be one of the easiest dress ups ever. I think Fred should have had shorter hair, he looks like he borrowed it from Willam Belli, and the socks were wrong -axl has very distinct socks. Not that I'm picky or anything...:-D

Pretty cool but Fred Durst is such a moron he doesn't know Slash left the band almost 20 years ago.

Or he doesn't care, like the rest of the world.

Sure Frank Ferrer is the drummer of GNR, but to the rest of the world he's a Adler/Sorum replacement/cover artist. It's a fact.

I don't mind Limp Bizkit, although I don't follow or listen to them at all. I don't care either the way they dressed, with the public the main images that evoke a GN'R link is of the bandana wearing Axl and the bare chested, Curly black hair of Slash. Even though hardcore fans like us love different versions and era's, this will never change, like it or not. I think it's a cool thing that a band as well known as them wanted to pay homage to Guns in that way.

Edited by One.In.A.Million

Pretty cool but Fred Durst is such a moron he doesn't know Slash left the band almost 20 years ago.

If they dressed up as Bumblefoot, Frank, Pittman, Stinton etc, no one would have a clue who they were :D

Axl and Slash are Gn'R, they always were and always will be. When ever a GN'R song is played on the radio, chances are it will feature Axl and Slash.

Edited by vaida
  • Like 1

"crowd lapped it up after the initial shock with the rendition a far better version than what Axl and his band bought to Australia earlier in the year."

Yeah I doubt that.

Speaking as someone who attended one of those Australian shows earlier this year, I highly doubt Limp Bizkit's best performance of Jungle would top even GN'R's worst performance of Jungle.

And GN'R sounded pretty damn good on their Aussie tour in March, so um, no. They are incorrect.

Limp Bizkit or at least Durst has always been a huge an of GNR. There is an episode of Pop Up Video for Limb Bizkit - I forget what song, but it's noted that there is a shot in the video where they're being filmed from a helicopter playing on top of a building in order to "be like Guns N' roses". Obviously taking inspiration from the Don't Cry video.

I don't get it how people get angry at Limp Bizkit and Fred Durst, just because they dressed up as Gn'R. Durst is obviously a fan. What's bad about that? What's with the hate?

Edited by jekylhyde

I don't get it how people get angry at Limp Bizkit and Fred Durst, just because they dressed up as Gn'R. Durst is obviously a fan. What's bad about that? What's with the hate?

The problem is Durst want a reunion. He obviously doesn't aware of Axl's current voice condition ...

To be honest: Limp bizkit was pretty cool back in the day, but nowadays they're just a nostalgia act, like Axl

Limp Bizkit's music has not aged terribly well. It's amazing that they sold as many albums as they did, as they have so little to show for it. How many Limp Bizkit songs do most people actually know? "Nookie" is the new "Cum feel the Noise," a novelty/retro song that people may play as a joke occasionally. No wonder LB never play the States, they'd be reduced to playing clubs or have to play package tours with other nu-metal has-beens.

Edited by RichardNixon

Many people find idea of dressing up as somebody literally nobody would recognize kinda unsatisfying. Besides, even if that guy had dressed as DJ Ashba, people would still think it is supposed to be Slash, just that costume is bad and inaccurately made.

Besides DJ Ashba wears a bad DJ Ashba costume every day..joining him for Halloween would be bad taste,

I'm so fucking glad nu-metal proved a short lived thing. Most all of it sounded so fucking stupid I was sure it'd be here to stay.

Edited by LTD