Say Axl is on the verge of a masterplan

Guest NGOG

Trying to stay in the RRR (realm of relative realism) here.

Vox: Fat Axl

Guitar: John 5

Rhythm Guitar: Izzy Stradlin (Fortus on tour if Izzy can't play live)

Bass: Duff McKagan

Drums: Do not give a fuck, as long as it's not band member nepotism

Keyboards: Dizzy Reed

Synth: Chris Pitman

Axl

Izzy

Duff

Dj

Fortus

Dizzy

Pitman

Ferrer

could make a great Self-titled GNR record.

Chinese Parade Of Destruction (not really into self titled records)

You don't like Bumble? :huh:

It's more about doing a self-titled record. Probably not going to need Ron's abilities. Basically Izzy's songs with Axl's epics played by two more hard rock guitarists. Pitching somewhere between UYI and CD production wise.

Metallica - had the Black album

Pearl Jam have that self-titled with an advocate on the cover

GNR haven't done one, maybe just have all red packaging. 12 tracks. None of the nu metal leanings just back to hard rock/classic rock. Ron could still be on it he'd just have to keep his elephant solos in his pants.

Mainly it would be a return of Axl n Izzy songs, with Duff on bass with a modern hard rock sound.

But actually Chinese Parade of Destruction doesn't sound too bad, like the unreleased Chinese songs, some Dj emo excursions into opera rock and maybe some deep vault AFD era song with Duff rumbling the bass. Throw on The Seeker and a cover of My Way ft. Duff.

Edited by wasted

Axl

Izzy

Duff

Dj

Fortus

Dizzy

Pitman

Ferrer

It's more about doing a self-titled record. Probably not going to need Ron's abilities. Basically Izzy's songs with Axl's epics played by two more hard rock guitarists. Pitching somewhere between UYI and CD production wise.

GNR haven't done one, maybe just have all red packaging. 12 tracks. None of the nu metal leanings just back to hard rock/classic rock. Ron could still be on it he'd just have to keep his elephant solos in his pants.

Mainly it would be a return of Axl n Izzy songs, with Duff on bass with a modern hard rock sound.

But actually Chinese Parade of Destruction doesn't sound too bad, like the unreleased Chinese songs, some Dj emo excursions into opera rock and maybe some deep vault AFD era song with Duff rumbling the bass. Throw on The Seeker and a cover of My Way ft. Duff.

Wasted goes to Hollywood, as a conservative.

Axl

Izzy

Duff

Dj

Fortus

Dizzy

Pitman

Ferrer

Wasted goes to Hollywood, as a conservative.

It's time to sell out to the heartland. Where mall metal and classic rock collides deniros fell like confetti.

Take any piece of music that's any good, and Axl always turns it to something at least interesting or worth discussing. I trust his taste, so I have no real problem with the musicians Axl chose. Have yet to let me down artistically, so whatever he sees in Ashba, I'm sure he's going to somehow get something cool out of him. Out of everyone that's in the band.

The problem is not what Axl wants to do, cause I'm onboard, but he doesn't include us in his music, or even information on what's going on with it. Kinda off topic, but it's like... you want to do a back to roots record or just keep the democracy going, I'm fine with it, but fucking do something. I'm sure it will be good, no matter who's involved other then Axl.

Edited by Rovim

Take any piece of music that's any good, and Axl always turns it to something at least interesting or worth discussing. I trust his taste, so I have no real problem with the musicians Axl chose. Have yet to let me down artistically, so whatever he sees in Ashba, I'm sure he's going to somehow get something cool out of him. Out of everyone that's in the band.

The problem is not what Axl wants to do, cause I'm onboard, but he doesn't include us in his music, or even information on what's going on with it. Kinda off topic, but it's like... you want to do a back to roots record or just keep the democracy going, I'm fine with it, but fucking do something. I'm sure it will be good, no matter who's involved other then Axl.

I'm all for the experimental trilogy. But there's this reality where they record Silkworms but end up playing classic rock covers like The Seeker live. They have songs like If the World/Madagascar which were the result of a decade of work, then play Riff Raff live.

So should they or will they take that into account and just keep it more in the vein of what the fans like. Or will Axl go into the studio with Ron and Dj for a decade to reinvent the wheel. Come up with another great record like CD to end up playing Mama Kin in Vegas. Maybe they do have the chance to do one last crazy record, push it further, something even less "GNR" than CD. GNR in the 00s.

Well, it's possible that say the CD era material is a bust. It's more aggressive, less like GNR than CD, so the label isn't interested. So with no big budget for new material it's at a stand still. Other than going rogue and do a record in Sound City for 20 bucks and releasing it via Silk Road...

The best scenario is the material is already done and the label or Axl are delaying it. It seems like they are going to ride the Nightrain forever until someone outlaws touring.

But even so, experience has shown they could put out two albums next year and the audiences would still probably react more to The Seeker or So Fine than anything new.

Hopefully they have a trilogy in the bag and can just grind it out. The fans who want more material will get two more albums of stuff and they will tour the hits until they can't.

Any guns n roses line up consisting of Axl, Duff, Dizzy, and at least Izzy's writing is perfectly acceptable imo. It is almost as good as the illusion line ups imo, but far better than any nugnr line up, 2002 included. But if you ask me who I want outside of Slash, it would be this...

Axl

Duff

Izzy/Fortus (Izzy writing, Fortus touring, Izzy live occasionally)

Dizzy

BBF

DJ (sure what the hell)

Pit(t)man (if we must)

Whomever on drums, I don't really care.

I would consider this line up Guns n' Roses, just as much as the Axl, Duff, Slash, Gilby, Dizzy, and Sorum line up tbh. I know many people can't get past Slash not being there, but this line up is just as legitimit as the 1992/93 line up honestly.

Reallistically, if the line up was: Axl, Duff, Bumble, Richard, DJ, Frank, Pitman, Dizzy, and Paul in the studio, it would have been a majority of more classic hard rock musicians:

Duff, Richard, DJ, Frank, and Dizzy vs. Bumble and Pitman. Axl and Paul swing both ways.

I feel like if the goal was to create a more classic sounding Guns record, with Duff onboard, and this line up it will be doable. Something that will have artistic integrity. I personally don't want that. I want to hear all the Chinese leftovers before a more classic approach is taken. But it would have been cool if Duff was involved in that record after CD ll. (if it will ever get released)

Edited by Rovim

Reallistically, if the line up was: Axl, Duff, Bumble, Richard, DJ, Frank, Pitman, Dizzy, and Paul in the studio, it would have been a majority of more classic hard rock musicians:

Duff, Richard, DJ, Frank, and Dizzy vs. Bumble and Pitman. Axl and Paul swing both ways.

I feel like if the goal was to create a more classic sounding Guns record, with Duff onboard, and this line up it will be doable. Something that will have artistic integrity. I personally don't want that. I want to hear all the Chinese leftovers before a more classic approach is taken. But it would have been cool if Duff was involved in that record after CD ll. (if it will ever get released)

What if the classic approach is taken now, gets people interested once again, album with Duff and Izzy. Then down the line release the CD leftovers and other odds and ends in a box set. I think that would be the best way to do it. It just seems like their is more to the story than Axl "just not wanting to release music." I think the record company is probably a HUGE part in the lack of material. If they spend the money, they are going to be wanting a return. Is their a market for CD 2? CD wasn't an AMAZING success by any stretch.

I just feel that if it's time to move on from the whole "CD era" than that's fine. But yes I would like to hear those songs at some point, but maybe not now.

Thing is you are going to have those Axl songs on the next record that were associated with CD. The General, Atlas Shrugged, Thyme, Seven. Stuff like that that Beltrami worked on. Axl talked about Soul Monster, Jackie Chan. From past experience things this developed in GNR world don't just disappear. Like This I Love, it was what 20 years before it was released.

Then Axl thanks his producer Caram at the Golden Greats. "Our producer" seems like they are working now with Caram.

It's Go time, people.

Thing is you are going to have those Axl songs on the next record that were associated with CD. The General, Atlas Shrugged, Thyme, Seven. Stuff like that that Beltrami worked on. Axl talked about Soul Monster, Jackie Chan. From past experience things this developed in GNR world don't just disappear. Like This I Love, it was what 20 years before it was released.

Then Axl thanks his producer Caram at the Golden Greats. "Our producer" seems like they are working now with Caram.

It's Go time, people.

Great post, also 4tus said in the black carpet that there's a new album in 2015.

I hope Robin stays far away from this band. I mean, it would be cool if he guested live again (especially to play some CD songs he hasn't played live yet like TIL) but I prefer he stay with NIN or make progress on his solo record instead of wasting time with Axl.

I've seen a lot of remarks like this. Hell, I've made them myself quite a few times. It's depressing to think that we're now saying "yeah, I don't want him in GnR because I want him to actually produce music".
  • Like 1

Yes, this was Axl's plan all along!

Back when he threw out the original band, he plotted this course. Lose his voice, never release music, hire shit unknowns to mimic the original band, cede all power to a nanny, and then #conquertheworld

Yes, this was Axl's plan all along!

Back when he threw out the original band, he plotted this course. Lose his voice, never release music, hire shit unknowns to mimic the original band, cede all power to a nanny, and then #conquertheworld

Why I have a feeling that this is some weird Axl's revenge :blink: