Axl vs Slash, something we don't know?

It was more like Axl telling me what he wanted Slash to come clean about and me telling Slash what Axl wanted and Slash telling me no way. Slash had a different point of view and would disagree with what Axl was saying that happend.

You would think that I could have made something happen but the truth is they have to work it out in person. The closest thing for that to happen would have been my son's bar Mitzvah party back in Nov or 2005 but I was told by Beta that Axl was sleeping and couldn't make it. Also I'm not so sure that anything good would have come from that. Slash was not sober at that time and Perla was there which wouldn't have helped the situation. Those 2 would need to have a whole day on their own to even start to clear up their differences and a lot of the misunderstandings. The other problem is Axl doesn't have any desire to work out anything with Slash and I think still believes that Slash is just a bad seed and would rather stay as far away from him as possible. So I don't see anything happening between them anytime soon.

At the end of the day, if Axl has no desire or need to work things out with Slash, then all of these topics and questions are moot points. I know Slash plays the role of the cool rock star who doesn't care about Axl but I wonder what his real thoughts are on duff reconciling with Axl. If rumors are true that Matt also has interest in playing with Axl and that actually happens, then I am even more curious of Slash's response. He has always had Duff and Matt in his corner, so to speak. Who knows, maybe Duff and Matt showing interest in Guns is partially a ploy to get Slash to focus on VR again!

Slash would work with Axl again but it would have to be on some sort of equal ground or however they did it for the UYI tour. it's Axl who won't work with Slash. Knowing that is why Slash no longer puts it out there anymore. I think the last attempt was the Hall OF Fame in 2012.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

Slash's only hope, if he even wants it, may be if Duff can slowly get Axl to warm up to even considering a conversation. However, Duff himself may not be willing to do that or maybe it was made clear to him that discussing Slash wasn't an option if he wanted to play with Guns.

Slash is being real, admitting he had some bad things to say about Axl. He's come clean.

He's moved on. Admitted he was angry at one point and is now ready to put it behind him.

Which is something Axl has never done. Slash is such a cool guy in my book.

Slash is being real, admitting he had some bad things to say about Axl. He's come clean.

He's moved on. Admitted he was angry at one point and is now ready to put it behind him.

Which is something Axl has never done. Slash is such a cool guy in my book.

AS far as Axl is concerned Slash has not come clean. So the hate will continue until they talk it out.

The demand for a public apology is one of the most hilariously childish parts of this whole saga.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Axl blames Slash for the negative public perception, and wants his reputation cleared. It's still childish and sad.

Where did Axl say he wants a public apology from Slash?

"There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion."

"There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion."

I don't interpret that as a "demand for a public apology from Slash" but more as a desire to set the story straight.

• Like 1

I don't interpret that as a "demand for a public apology from Slash" but more as a desire to set the story straight.

I think Marc also mentioned it.

I think Marc also mentioned it.

Yeah, I believe he has. The reason why I asked was that I couldn't remember Axl actually going public and saying it and was just curious about the source. Sure, the quote from that HOF press release is in true axlpeak so it could absolutely mean that it is a demand for a public apology, but it could also be interpreted that he just wants the truth, as he sees it, to come out before he would even consider talking with Slash.

I'm telling you, Slash stuck his wenis in Steph's wagina.

After 20 yers, this has been the reason why I opened this thread.

Marc, what is the chance their differences were other than musical!?

Nothing to do with girlfriends. all to do with the music and how the music would be recorded and how much money would be spent making the music and who would be in the band writing the music and who would be recording the music and what kind of music they would be doing.

But there was Steph!!

there is a very high possibility that Axl went even more nuts when she broke up with him. IMO CD is full of Steph songs and in an old interview Axl said smth. like he hopes that Dylan (Steph's son) sometime will hear closer stuff/feelings regarding to him/Steph on CD.

Marc, would you say there is some truth in this?

I'm telling you, Slash stuck his wenis in Steph's wagina.

After 20 yers, this has been the reason why I opened this thread.Marc, what is the chance their differences were other than musical!?
Nothing to do with girlfriends. all to do with the music and how the music would be recorded and how much money would be spent making the music and who would be in the band writing the music and who would be recording the music and what kind of music they would be doing.

so if you took a shot. After TSI came out

1) who would have remained from the UYI line up?

I remember in 1992, Ax spoke fondly of Matt, saying 'he will explode on the next album', after YCBM, DTJ, Back of bitch, Don't damn me..., I expect next album must have been planned as heavier!? Yet, Axl apperantly wanted more electronical influence?

2) Anyone else other than Paul Huge did Axl plan to have in?

3) was Gilby already out? After all, he was still in TSI line up. What was the point Axl chucked him out?

4) Axl said music Slash/Gilby wrote was too much like AC/DC, were Slash/Gilby an writing force by then?

As Axl's ego grow bigger with time being the ultimate rock star on his heydays, he probably couldn't deal in a healthy way with the fact that in the public eye Slash was also regarded almost as iconic as the lead singer himself... So he decide to undermine Slash's exposure in the band by hiring another lead guitar player and then shit hit the fan.

With the nuGn'R lineups I honestly believe that Axl is much more comfortable and happy having several more or less anonymous "lead" guitar players that simply cannot shadow to the band's 'boss'...

Edited by trqster

Axl has never come across as someone afraid of sharing the spotlight. Bringing in other musicians was probably more in an effort to wake Slash's enthusiasm and create musically interesting dynamic, than anything else. Slash, on the other hand, was never comfortable playing with other guitarists and seem to shy away from other strong personalities or band members who would rival his own position. Playing with Myles and the Conspirators is more his thing.

• Like 3