Anyone still buy CD's?

Georgy Zhukov

All of the time. Working in radio, I am always getting tons of promos sent my way as well, so my collection is starting to get way too big. I must be getting close to a thousand CDs at this point.

What artists and genres are most represented in your collection?

• Like 1

95% of all music I buy are CDs. They're not as obsolete as people make out. I largely dislike downloading music. The amount of songs/albums I've lost over the years through downloading once and not backing up my files. Just easier to buy a physical copy.

I like CDs, it's cheaper than vinyl and I can copy it to my computer. So, I still buy it, I think I bought more then 10 CDs last year.

I'm trying to have all Alice in Chains studio albums in CD, but I can't find Sap anywhere.

There's several copies at Ebay.

All of the time. Working in radio, I am always getting tons of promos sent my way as well, so my collection is starting to get way too big. I must be getting close to a thousand CDs at this point.

I have a lot of '70s and '80s rock (I was in to hair metal in high school, unfortunately.) Tons of country stuff due to the whole "receiving promo copies of everything" deal.

Most represented? Probably Aerosmith, The Black Crowes, The Cult, GNR, Hanoi Rocks, and The Wildhearts for rock.

Country is all over the place since I get sent copies of pretty much every new release these days. Probably Keith Urban is the best represented country artist in my collection.

• Like 1

I have a lot of '70s and '80s rock (I was in to hair metal in high school, unfortunately.) Tons of country stuff due to the whole "receiving promo copies of everything" deal.

Most represented? Probably Aerosmith, The Black Crowes, The Cult, GNR, Hanoi Rocks, and The Wildhearts for rock.

Country is all over the place since I get sent copies of pretty much every new release these days. Probably Keith Urban is the best represented country artist in my collection.

Do you get sent vinyl records too?

I pretty much have a section in my closet dedicated to my CD's. I try to get more representation in my collection. I have The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, Led Zeppelin, Queen, GN'R and solo and a lot of Eric Clapton and the stuff he was involved in such as Cream, Derek and the Dominos, Bluesbreakers, Blind Faith and Beatles solo.

I have a few Johnny Cash, that is pretty much the only country I have, but I do like country.

I also have The Who well represented, can't forget to mention The Who.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

Bought 4 today. Actually six if you count the fact that one was a set of three separate CDs.

Bon Jovi - New Jersey (Super Deluxe Edition)

Lana Del Rey - Paradise

Alice in Chains - Facelift

Screaming Trees - Uncle Anesthesia, Sweet Oblivian, Dust

I dig vinyl but CDs are much more affordable and a well recorded album will sound great in either format. So CDs make up most of my collection with the odd vinyl purchase here and there.

Never got into downloading, it's just really foreign to me I guess. Growing up in the 80s and 90s I always bought music. It's just a habit and feels right.

Edited by KBear

Do you get sent vinyl records too?

I pretty much have a section in my closet dedicated to my CD's. I try to get more representation in my collection. I have The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, Led Zeppelin, Queen, GN'R and solo and a lot of Eric Clapton and the stuff he was involved in such as Cream, Derek and the Dominos, Bluesbreakers, Blind Faith and Beatles solo.

I have a few Johnny Cash, that is pretty much the only country I have, but I do like country.

I also have The Who well represented, can't forget to mention The Who.

I've only been sent one vinyl so far. 99.5% of the time it's CD's.

What do you work with at the radio??

Everything is digital.