potential partner name = dealbreaker?

Jackie Moon

I have a strange name (Janese) and I think I'm ok. I get annoyed with unnecessary letters. "Gee, I think I'll name my kid Katie but to help her be a special little snowflake, I'll spell it Quayteigh..."

As for dealbreakers, I have had too many bad experiences with guys named Brian.

Edited by DangerousCurves

Americans are brilliant at terrible names - all those Cobys and Tobys and Dwights and Dwaynes.

They just make up names. It fucks me up when I look up a patient and it's because parents tries really hard to make the names unique.

Giving a kid a stupid name should be listed under child abuse.

Americans are brilliant at terrible names - all those Cobys and Tobys and Dwights and Dwaynes.

They just make up names. It fucks me up when I look up a patient and it's because parents tries really hard to make the names unique.

Giving a kid a stupid name should be listed under child abuse.

Humblebrag about being a doctor

I know a couple black kids named Simba, but nothing about their personalities.

Well, one's gay.

nothing wrong with being gay, that is evolutionarily prudent, right ratbrain?

I won't dismiss Simba outright,because that would be racist. As we all know, or at least those of us who count, i'm extremely fair. I acknowledge there are cultural traditions that lead to unique names. I don't expect every black guy to be named Dan, that's ridiculous.

But i admit I'm very , very suspicious of Simba. I would need at least 6 minutes to talk to these guys and their parents to form an opinion, which you would all in turn accept as ultimate judgement of validity. 2010 member of the year, don't y'all forget.

Simba means lion in swahili. If they or their families originate from a place where that language is spoken it's not weird.

• 2 months later...