2015 Superbowl Ad Thread

downzy

This annual Superbowl ad fascination is baffling. Reminds me of this :lol:

its just the one day of the year where companies(for the most part) put actual effort into commercials to make them entertaining instead of of the usual getting up to get a drink or take a piss when they come on.

This annual Superbowl ad fascination is baffling. Reminds me of this :lol:

its just the one day of the year where companies(for the most part) put actual effort into commercials to make them entertaining instead of of the usual getting up to get a drink or take a piss when they come on.

So what? I don't get it. I also don't get the vulgar display of military might that goes with the Superbowl. Flyovers and cutting to the troops during the anthem. Everyone whooping and hollering like baboons.

The whole things is grotesque.

• Like 1

Why were they so goddamned depressing this year? Horrible fucking year for ads.

Seriously - the only ones I enjoyed were the Snickers on with Danny Trejo, the eSurance one with Bryan Cranston, and the Mophie one where God's phone battery dies.

The one I really hated was the one Budweiser one, I think around the third half, where it was all text but really fucking snobby. They were essentially talking down to beer conniseurs, which I don't think looks especially good coming from one of the biggest breweries in the country. God forbid anyone drink something besides your weak-ass piss lager.

Laughed at Liam Neeson's revenge speech.

Fucking insurance.

"I'm a child with my whole bright future ahead of me, except I don't because I'm dead."

Why did these companies decide that a day when people are consuming alcohol and trying to have a good time is the day to send a message and make people think?

Laughed at Liam Neeson's revenge speech.

Fucking insurance.

"I'm a child with my whole bright future ahead of me, except I don't because I'm dead."

Why did these companies decide that a day when people are consuming alcohol and trying to have a good time is the day to send a message and make people think?

yeah nationwide was awful, nothing like having a couple of beers and having fun with friends then having a commerical about a dead kid to kill the buzz.

The one I really hated was the one Budweiser one, I think around the third half, where it was all text but really fucking snobby. They were essentially talking down to beer conniseurs, which I don't think looks especially good coming from one of the biggest breweries in the country. God forbid anyone drink something besides your weak-ass piss lager.

photo.jpg

Pot calling the kettle black

The target audience for Budweiser is people who don't give a shit about having a sophisticated beer pallet and just want to drink a cold, refreshing, cheap beverage in moderate to large volume. AKA the vast majority of casual drinkers. The ad made sense.

They actually showed it here so I also could have bought some terrible food and terrible beer and indulged in this ritual myself. But I didn't; I find the game of American Football utterly incomprehensible. Recently, I think there has been some weird, concerted, attempt to force free Britons into watching this sport, reminiscent of Alex's brainwashing in Clockwork Orange, as we let two teams of these meat heads run amok on hallowed Wembley once per annum.

• Like 1

photo.jpg

Pot calling the kettle black

The target audience for Budweiser is people who don't give a shit about having a sophisticated beer pallet and just want to drink a cold, refreshing, cheap beverage in moderate to large volume. AKA the vast majority of casual drinkers. The ad made sense.

Pointing out a beer is shit and demanding sophistication are two different things surely. People were pointing out shit beers before there was such a thing as 'sophisticated' beer. Budweisers considered shit cuz its weak and tastes watery.