STEVEN ADLER: MATT SORUM Wouldn't Take Part In GUNS N' ROSES Reunion Unless I Was Involved

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steven-adler-matt-sorum-wouldnt-take-part-in-guns-n-roses-reunion-unless-i-was-involved/

During an appearance on the March 2 edition of Eddie Trunk's SiriusXM satellite radio show, "Eddie Trunk Live", original GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler was about how he would feel about a hypothetical reunion of the classic GN'R lineup which would include Matt Sorum on drums instead of him.

"Matt wouldn't do it," Adler insisted. "I see Matt practically every Monday night, and we talked about it. He wouldn't do it unless I was a part of it. And I said, 'Well, dude, I would do it without you.' And he said, 'But you're the original guy. You're the sound of GN'R. I'm not. So it's different.' And I said, 'If I did it, if Axl [Rose, vocals] wanted to play the '[use Your] Illusion' songs, I would have you right next to me. You come up and I'll either take the throne or sit where I sit.' Sort of like [the way we did it] at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame [induction in 2012]. They didn't show that part on TV, I don't think, but [Matt] played 'Brownstone', and then I came up and played 'Sweet Child' and 'Paradise City'."

Adler continued: "But, yeah, I have nothing against Matt. He didn't do nothing. I had resentments with him, but I talked with him and I worked everything out. Everything. I would love to share a tour bus with him."

Steven also spoke in more detail about his desire to see the original GUNS N' ROSES lineup reunite for a new album and tour. He said: "The whole reunion thing I would love to do just because of two decades of new fans who have never seen what the magic was. And I would love to be able to show them, but that's Axl's call."

He continued: "I just keep hearing that [Axl] has this thing with [guitarist] Slash. I hope not. 'Cause it's too old already. Time goes on. We're too old. We've gotta move on. If he has resentments I hope he doesn't. Thats all. I love him, and I love all those guys. Let's leave it at that. [Laughs]"

Asked about the fact that Slash recently tweeted a "Happy Birthday" message to Axl, Adler said: "I think that's great. 'Cause he doesn't have nothing against Axl. He loves Axl too. The four of us all love Axl. And I know that. 'Cause we had something that was so magical and so special, and nobody can ever take that away. And no matter what anybody did to anybody time's supposed to heal all wounds. Let's move on. Let's all be happy and do what we love doing. And if we have an opportunity to play for the whole world and let everybody love it 'Cause that's every musician's dream: to play music that everybody loves. And we did that. And I said, 'Let's take advantage of it and show the world' I mean, personally, myself, I wanna show everybody how appreciative I am that they love our music. 'Cause I love a wonderful life. Well, finally but a wonderful life because of them. I get to do what I like to do, and that's play music."

Adler continued: "It's been a wasted 25 years that the magic between Slash and Axl hasn't been together and making music for the world. I mean, that's like Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, Robert Plant [and] Jimmy Page, Steven Tyler and Joe Perry. And it's a shame that Axl and Slash weren't making music together, 'cause they were born to make music together. Slash is great by himself, Axl is great by himself, but together they are frickin' amazing, and nothing could stop them."

Steven also spoke about the last time he saw and spoke to Rose. He said: "It was in Las Vegas, I think, [in] 2006. [GUNS N' ROSES] was playing at the Hard Rock, and I went down. And then his partner, Del James, saw me in the audience, in the back, and said, 'You'd better leave. I don't want Axl getting pissed.' I left, I went home, I was walking in the front door and my phone's ringing. I pick it up, and it's Del. And he says, 'I'm so sorry. Axl wanted to talk with you.' So I went back. And we drank a three-thousand bottle of tequila, and we hugged, and we made our amends to each other, and it was wonderful It was just me and him sitting at the bar with a bottle of tequila, doing shots and just talking. It was really nice. So I love him."

Edited by Huge fan
  • Like 2

Del James, saw me in the audience, in the back, and said, 'You'd better leave. I don't want Axl getting pissed.' I left, I went home, I was walking in the front door and my phone's ringing. I pick it up, and it's Del. And he says, 'I'm so sorry. Axl wanted to talk with you.' So I went back.

A pretty good example of the kind of damage those "protecting" Axl have done over the years.

That, and Del trying to bar Duff from talking to Axl in London in 2010 as recounted in Duff's book.

It's just sad.

That was a great read.. Steven really seems like he is thinking with a clear head lately.

I thought this also while reading that excerpt. Hopefully it's true Steven is sober. Say whatever you want about the guy but he remains the most real member of the afd lineup. At least from a young fan (me) who has videos and stuff to watch and read he seems to have changed the least out of the originals since the beginning. Izzy went into hiding Axl went crazy slash got pop hungry. Stevie and duff id say are the realist members. Real as in true to themselves ig.

End random thought

• Like 1

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steven-adler-matt-sorum-wouldnt-take-part-in-guns-n-roses-reunion-unless-i-was-involved/

He continued: "I just keep hearing that [Axl] has this thing with [guitarist] Slash. I hope not. 'Cause it's too old already. Time goes on. We're too old. We've gotta move on. If he has resentments I hope he doesn't. Thats all. I love him, and I love all those guys. Let's leave it at that. [Laughs]"

Asked about the fact that Slash recently tweeted a "Happy Birthday" message to Axl, Adler said: "I think that's great. 'Cause he doesn't have nothing against Axl. He loves Axl too. The four of us all love Axl. And I know that. 'Cause we had something that was so magical and so special, and nobody can ever take that away. And no matter what anybody did to anybody time's supposed to heal all wounds. Let's move on. Let's all be happy and do what we love doing. And if we have an opportunity to play for the whole world and let everybody love it 'Cause that's every musician's dream: to play music that everybody loves.

:hug::wub:

Steven also spoke about the last time he saw and spoke to Rose. He said: "It was in Las Vegas, I think, [in] 2006. [GUNS N' ROSES] was playing at the Hard Rock, and I went down. And then his partner, Del James, saw me in the audience, in the back, and said, 'You'd better leave. I don't want Axl getting pissed.' I left, I went home, I was walking in the front door and my phone's ringing. I pick it up, and it's Del. And he says, 'I'm so sorry. Axl wanted to talk with you.' So I went back. And we drank a three-thousand bottle of tequila, and we hugged, and we made our amends to each other, and it was wonderful It was just me and him sitting at the bar with a bottle of tequila, doing shots and just talking. It was really nice. So I love him."

:anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger:

Del... :facepalm:

I'd love to meet steven one day. He comes accross as the sort of guy who would have heaps of stories and is more than happy to share them with a fan or 2.

As someone else said.. this story about Del sending him home is the perfect example of Axl's idiot entourage speaking for him? I mean.. axl is a grown dude.. if he sees steven or slash or anyone for that matter at the spur of the moment.. surely hes man enough to deal with it himself????

Del James, saw me in the audience, in the back, and said, 'You'd better leave. I don't want Axl getting pissed.' I left, I went home, I was walking in the front door and my phone's ringing. I pick it up, and it's Del. And he says, 'I'm so sorry. Axl wanted to talk with you.' So I went back.

A pretty good example of the kind of damage those "protecting" Axl have done over the years.

It is all a lie. Remember, Axl's crew would never bar an ex-member from attending a show.

Why in the name of our lord and savior - Axl - do ex band members keep making up these false stories?????? Next you will tell me that Madison lied about the t-shirts and Axl really didn't refuse to talk to Slash the night The Beta did all if Axl's talking for him.

It is all a lie. Remember, Axl's crew would never bar an ex-member from attending a show.

Why in the name of our lord and savior - Axl - do ex band members keep making up these false stories?????? Next you will tell me that Madison lied about the t-shirts and Axl really didn't refuse to talk to Slash the night The Beta did all if Axl's talking for him.

I thought he moved on about GNR (?)

So when he sobered up and realise he is only making great money if a reunion happens he started talking this shit

Good for him i guess, but i see Axl reunite with Slash sooner than Adler...

Also think the part where he claims Sorum wouldn't do it without him is made up completely that's for sure

Oh and i couldn't care less about the part where Del throw him out

He IS a junkie constantly relapse every fucking year so...

(yes i also think Del is a leecher too who thinks not being capable to pay your own bills is an achievement)

Edited by Motivation

So when he sobered up and realise he is only making great money if a reunion happens he started talking this shit

Also think the part where he claims Sorum wouldn't do it without him is made up completely that's for sure

(yes i also think Del is a leecher too who thinks not being capable to pay your own bills is an achievement)

Adler will always talk GNR same goes for Slash both of whom said they were done talking about it ...

As far as Del or anyone in the camp, they are just doing their jobs. Do you typically do against the wishes of your boss?

Adler will always talk GNR same goes for Slash both of whom said they were done talking about it ...

As far as Del or anyone in the camp, they are just doing their jobs. Do you typically do against the wishes of your boss?

Lol at making paralells Steven GNR talk and Slash GNR talk

Slash talks about GNR now only 20% on his interviews

Adler talks about 90%

Fucking lol man

and you misunderstood my comment about Del

I refer to a previous interview with Del when he swing on Axl's nuts for payin his bills which is beyond pathetic

Edited by Motivation

Hang on. Steven had not had anything to do with GnR or Del since 1992 or so when his suit was settled. And any administrative stuff would either go through his Mom (who has power of attorney) or manager.

So how would Del have had Steven's number at hand in Vegas?

I have no doubt that some people in Camp Axl are obstructive, but I don't believe a word that comes out of Adler's mouth. So Matt says he is the sound of GnR and Del apologized profusely? Bullshit. It is typical Steven hyperbole, most likely. In a lot of his accounts people are showering him with compliments...

Adler talks about a reunion to the point where it seems sad and desperate. He doesn't seem to have anything else going on so he keeps begging and pleading for this reunion.

Edited by stella

Hang on. Steven had not had anything to do with GnR or Del since 1992 or so when his suit was settled. And any administrative stuff would either go through his Mom (who has power of attorney) or manager.

I have no doubt that some people in Camp Axl are obstructive, but I don't believe a word that comes out of Adler's mouth. So Matt says he is the sound of GnR and Del apologized profusely? Bullshit. It is typical Steven hyperbole, most likely. In a lot of his accounts people are showering him with compliments...

Adler talks about a reunion to the point where it seems sad and desperate. He doesn't seem to have anything else going on so he keeps begging and pleading for this reunion.

The strange part of it is that Del asked him to leave so not to piss Axl off....... But then Del tells Axl that Steven was there? If he didn't want to piss Axl, why would Del comment on Steven presence later? Makes no sense...

Should we ask Del on Tw to explain it? Hehehe

Also, I was wondering... What about the time Erin attended a recent show? Was she detected by the entourage? Was she thrown out? Did she intend any contact with Axl?

Everything is so confusing and these people lie so much!

• Like 1

Look on Canter Banter.It was the show that he attended and Del asked Marc for Stevens number I think.

It was the same night that Axl played the CD demos to Marc.

• Like 2

The strange part of it is that Del asked him to leave so not to piss Axl off....... But then Del tells Axl that Steven was there? If he didn't want to piss Axl, why would Del comment on Steven presence later? Makes no sense...

Should we ask Del on Tw to explain it? Hehehe

Also, I was wondering... What about the time Erin attended a recent show? Was she detected by the entourage? Was she thrown out? Did she intend any contact with Axl?

Everything is so confusing and these people lie so much!

Yep. I am guessing that perhaps the conversation went more like "I don't think you should see Axl, but I will ask" or "Come back later, I can't give you an answer now."

People keep bringing up the times that TB/Del turned away Slash and Duff but neither was the same. Slash? He was by his own admission drunk off his ass. A lot of people might have had the response of "go home, you're drunk" and things with Slash are so complicated with Axl that it might have seemed the safest thing to do at the time.

Duff? Wasn't actually turned away. He was admitted to Axl's hotel room and was able to walk right in and see him. They did claim that Axl was in the shower but perhaps that's what they thought - or perhaps they wanted to tell Axl before Duff saw him.

With Erin, it seems as though she just bought a ticket to that show.like anyone else might. It doesn't seem as though she reached out to Axl or tried to see him at all. From that photo she posted, it seems as though she wasn't anywhere in the venue where Axl or TB would have seen her - it's unlikely they would have picked her out of a crowd.