Dee Snider takes aim at GnR...

agree or disagree with his statement all you want but its not like its way out of left field or all that controversial IMO. i think the comment would be a little off base if axl and this lineup is on album 5 or 6 but we all know the situation its not the rest of the bands fault but it is what it is.

I have always disagreed with the notion that a band is defined by any particular lineup. I have no problems accepting that a band can have changing lineups, less popular lineups, less productive lineups, etc. It is the same band, albeit with different lineups. This concept should be within the grasp of most people here, it is not rocket science or anything. If we were to arbitraily - or according to our own preferences - decide that only some lineups are worthy to be referred to by the band name, then that gives us a plethora of problems, not the least what band name to assign to the remaining lineups/epochs. It is unnecessarily complicated and just comes from a childish position where people feel a big need to distance some lineups they don't appreciate from those they cherish perhaps a tad too much :shrugs:

• Like 1

Twisted Sister is well respected within the rock world and more importantly by their peers.

Is this true? Not trying to call you out, Groghs. I honestly have no idea.

No that's not true, at one point but now TW are not held in the same regard (partially respected but not in the same way that Aerosmith or even Bon Jovi would be). They had a couple of good / ok albums in the early-mid 80s (which influenced the scene), the term style over substance comes to mind though. Don't get me wrong they have some great songs!

I stated that I didn't disagree with everything he said, I posted this simply because it's far more interesting than the "official Axl Rose clothes" thread or "Do you think, in a other time and place, GNR could have went on to be the next Rolling Stones / Led Zeppelin" boring! at least this has some relevance.

For all those saying to anyone who disagrees with Dee's comments that they have "their panties in a twist" your panties are all equally in a twist that everybody doesn't agree with your much superior opinions... this is ridiculous.

At the end of the day, A totally irrelevant 80s rocker, mocked another 80s rocker who is teetering on irrelevancy.

Edited by Tom2112

It's awful how these people bully poor sensitive Axl, who certainly never spewed venom from the stage at anybody who even mildly upset him or he felt threatened by- even going so far as to immortalize some of it on Get In The Ring.

How in the hell are Ashba and Fortus a "threat" to Dee Snider?? :rofl-lol:

Why would he even care who's in or out of GN'R??

His unsolicited opinion is just ol' lady drama. :rofl-lol:

I'm not sure if English is your first language or not, but my post that you quoted clearly refers to Axl and not Dee Snider.

English is not my first language but I perfectly understand what you mean. You were inferring that Snider has all freedom to lash out at Axl and his band since Axl has done the same before with anyone who "mildly upset him or felt threatened by".

That's why I'm asking how are Ashba and Fortus a threat to Snider or why do they upset him? When Axl ranted about someone it was usually someone he had a direct beef with. But Snider is spitting venom out of his ass, since neither Axl or any member of the new line-up ever said anything to upset him or threaten him.

Twisted Sister is well respected within the rock world and more importantly by their peers.

No that's not true, at one point but now TW are not held in the same regard (partially respected but not in the same way that Aerosmith or even Bon Jovi would be). They had a couple of good / ok albums in the early-mid 80s (which influenced the scene), the term style over substance comes to mind though. Don't get me wrong they have some great songs!

I stated that I didn't disagree with everything he said, I posted this simply because it's far more interesting than the "official Axl Rose clothes" thread or "Do you think, in a other time and place, GNR could have went on to be the next Rolling Stones / Led Zeppelin" boring! at least this has some relevance.

For all those saying to anyone who disagrees with Dee's comments that they have "their panties in a twist" your panties are all equally in a twist that everybody doesn't agree with your much superior opinions... this is ridiculous.

At the end of the day, A totally irrelevant 80s rocker, mocked another 80s rocker who is teetering on irrelevancy.

Yeah, I thought your OP was pretty evenhanded. This didn't have to turn into an argument.

Who's this nobody?

He's some wash up 80's one hit wonder rockstar wannabe no one should give much credit for. If you don't know who he is then you are probably very young or just not much into 80's hair bands.

I don't know much about him either. I remember reading about his band back in the 90's in some small article lost in the Hit Parader or Rip or NME mags, but I can't name one popular song or album he's done. So no worries ;)

Yeah, I thought your OP was pretty evenhanded. This didn't have to turn into an argument.

I'm not arguing, debating maybe... I enjoy this! :D I think this forum gives Axl just as much credit as he deserves and it also bashes him a healthy amount... after all "He's not the messiah, He's a very naughty boy!"

Who's this nobody?

He's some wash up 80's one hit wonder rockstar wannabe no one should give much credit for. If you don't know who he is then you are probably very young or just not much into 80's hair bands.

I don't know much about him either. I remember reading about his band back in the 90's in some small article lost in the Hit Parader or Rip or NME mags, but I can't name one popular song or album he's done. So no worries ;)

Come on, you are better than that!!!!

Go read Sixes description of Dee and Twisted Sister. They are far from a one-hit wonder wannabe. That is so blatantly false that you can't even file it under just being somebody's opinion.

Yeah, they were. Their popularity didn't last long but they were huge for a brief time and as Groghan said, Dee was the major figure in the Tipper Gore/PMRC thing. He basically was rock music's representative against the government trying to censor lyrics and such.

In the hard rock world at the time, TS and Quiet Riot crossed over to the mainstream with their albums Stay Hungry and Metal Health respectively and TS's videos for We're Not Gonna Take It and I Wanna Rock are iconic to the time and are considered game changers to an extent of the music video back then and how it was evolving.

TS and QR are 2 are the major bands that brought hard rock to the forefront in the 80's, for better or worse, depending on your tastes. Both bands definitely laid the groundwork for later bands, including GNR, to be accepted into the mainstream.

QFT

Who's this nobody?

At least that nobody can write English properly when needed.

So?

You can't. So, you calling him a nobody is rich.

What does this have to do with the subject?
The way this thread is taking is just ridiculous ... no one gives a shit about this guy (whoever he is) ... and is hilarious to see some people giving him credit just because e said some shit about GN'R or Axl ...
Now, my bad english makes this guy look like a doctorate in GN'R/Axl. lol Nosaj's logic.
  • Like 1

The way this thread is taking is just ridiculous ... no one gives a shit about this guy (whoever he is) ... and is hilarious to see some people giving him credit just because e said some shit about GN'R or Axl ...

"whoever he is"? please, you must be about 10 years old then? Newsflash :Axl is about 1/20 away from being just as relevant . Twisted sister was HUGE in their day. Everytime another band may not like what Axl has done (ruined the gnr name) that band gets slammed with the same old BS

WHO?

They stink

what have they done?

what has axl done since UYI??? NOTHING! tours the old music with people that no one knows or cares about. I know for a fact that more people know who Dee is than know who ashba, bumble or some fool wearing a bucket

Who's this nobody?

So?

Now, my bad english makes this guy look like a doctorate in GN'R/Axl. lol Nosaj's logic.

So if no one cares about you then your opinion doesn't matter/stupid but if someone does care about you like an obsessed Axl fan then what they say does matter and is correct?

Come on, you are better than that!!!!

Go read Sixes description of Dee and Twisted Sister. They are far from a one-hit wonder wannabe. That is so blatantly false that you can't even file it under just being somebody's opinion.

People here call Axl an 80's washed up rocker and I don't see you standing up for him, being the so-called Axl fan you say you are. Why is that, Apollo?

Now to answer your comment, I did read and watch the videos and I can only see a horrible guy wearing female make up and extravagant clothes that make him look ridiculous. I don't have much recollection of this band being "the shit", as you guys want to fool the young ones here. Maybe for the older fellas they do mean something or have more vivid memories of their career. To me, they are practically unknown and don't forget that I come from the ass of the world, so when you are popular in the ass of the world, then be proud cuz you made it.

That being said, don't blame younger generation for not knowing certain mildly popular bands and most important, don't blow their careers just to validate your arguments in your crusade to damage Axl.

• Like 1

Who's this nobody?

So?

So if no one cares about you then your opinion doesn't matter/stupid but if someone does care about you like an obsessed Axl fan then what they say does matter and is correct?

What a brilliant conclusion ... you made that all by yourself?

Plenty of bands have caused blips on the radio radar. It doesn't mean they paved the way for anyone or are anything more than one hit wonders.

Saying that Twisted Sister was a big deal is like saying Hanson was a big deal.

Well they were fairly a big deal in the '80s, just as Hanson were a fairly big deal in the mid '90s. So what's your point?

Plenty of bands have caused blips on the radio radar. It doesn't mean they paved the way for anyone or are anything more than one hit wonders.

Exactly.

Just like Twisted Sister before them, GNR were a blip on the radar for a couple of years, became a laughing stock and then were quickly thrown on the terribly uncool pile with all the other glam and hair metal bands by Grunge.

That's the truth.

Exactly.

Just like Twisted Sister before them, GNR were a blip on the radar for a couple of years, became a laughing stock and then were quickly thrown on the terribly uncool pile with all the other glam and hair metal bands by Grunge.

Grunge didn't do GNR in. They did that all on their own and most of those bands never made it out of the 90s. Tool and Pearl Jam were about it and only because they took breaks from each other.

Yeah I was just being facetious :P

• Like 1