Dee Snider takes aim at GnR...

So it's attack Dee Snider for saying what most everybody else has been saying about GNR since 2000 time is it?

Is the guy actually wrong here?

I mean, yeah he's a dick, but unfortunately I can't really argue against what he is saying.

Axl even has a guy playing guitar in his band that is basically a Slash impersonator (albeit a lousy one)...

edit: Apollo ninja'd me ;)

I'm not attacking Dee snider, I think my points about Dee are valid. I also think you're misguided if you think that any artist that has continuously worked for 30/40 years doesn't get pissed off and jealous of a guy who did half that and gets way more attention the less he does.

Facts are, GnR today are not the GnR of the 80s & 90s it's just a name... the other fact is that the guys in the band right now are in GnR. They may not be full members, as in decision making etc. but theres lots of full members in other bands that don't get a say in how their band is run, yet they are in the band... and a lot of bands that you might think are equal members, actually have members on contract (salary).

Finally, I don't have a problem with someone taking a shot at Axl, it's the nature of the industry and I like his music... I don't need to defend him on any other front. What I do have issue with is a guy going out of his way to single out musicians like Doug Aldrich and try and say his contributions to Whitesnake weren't of value... he didn't write the 80s hits but he helped steer the band with DC for over ten years (quite successfully), and that has to count for something.

Dee Snider: "Axl is a great singer. One of the best of all time. He sounds amazing!"

Axl lunatic fans: Go Dee! I always loved that guy. His music is great. Been a fan of Twisted Sister since forever!

_____

Dee Snider: "Axl's band is NOT Guns N' Roses. The guys performing with Axl are NOT Guns N' Roses!"

Axl lunatic fans: Fuck Dee! Who's that fucking loser? Never liked the guy or his music. Twisted Sister is an awful band.

Do you not see how you jump on board with every negative thing said about the band? There's a couple of people on this forum that like old Guns, but they despise the band as it is today and they revel at letting everybody else know just how shit GnR are now.

Get over it, big deal the original band are no more, and big deal we don't get new albums all that often... GnR are not the be all and end all.

There's obviously the other end of it, with people defending the un-defendable... like poor performances that are obviously crap, lazy set lists, tantrums etc. but I love GnR and I will fully admit to a high level of bias in many cases related to the band / Axl (I wouldn't count this topic), but I would wager that there's a high level of negative bias from you guys to do with anything GnR related circa 96 - present.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

It's a shame that his opinion is even made it onto major rock sites... he is a nobody compared to Axl btw

LOL at this hypocrite who didn't have the balls to say those things in Dj's and Fortus face. Dee Snider is scum plain and simple.

I will never respect people who disrespect collegues and messes with other people's jobs. Mind your own business and let ppl earn their fucking money in whatever way they can and don't come lecturing as if you were the holy example of perfection. Specially, if one year before you are beign totally false in those people's faces.

• Like 1

I remember GN'R fans pelting Green Day with abuse when it was announced they would be inducting GN'R into the Hall of Fame. GN'R fans are literally the second most retarded fans ever (after Metallica fans).

well, enjoy your time here on a GNR board talking with GNR fans and descend to us a little bit, Mr. Almighty "i'm not a fan of GNR, despite the fact that i made 9200 post in 3 years on a GNR message board"...

"The practice of billing post-peak players as of or from a famous group is misleading to the public. There are guys today who are in Guns N Roses? Dude, youre not in Guns N Roses. Youre playing with Axl Rose. Im sorry, man. Im sorry. If youre hired to play in a band after their heyday, I dont care if you played with them for three decades. Youre a paid sideman. Youre on salary. Youre not a band member. None of these guys are band members

There is NO ONE that can argue this point. Its 100% dead on.. I don't care if this new "band" sticks together 50 more years. They are nothing more than a cover band, living off the success of the name and hit songs that they have NOTHING to do with. Adding a "new" song from UYI, is adding another cover song. There are tons of cover bands playing GNR songs every night. The only difference is this one has Axl as the singer.

Exactly.

Dee's comments represent how most sane and normal people think.

Lol at people now bashing Dee's career. Hilarious.

Strange I don't really care if you believe I'm an Axl fan or not. My life doesn't revolve around Axl or proving to people if I'm a fan of Axl or not. I'm not 12 years old.

Just because somebody doesn't like Axl or says something negative about him doesn't mean I have to automatically bash and disagree.

You don't have to worship somebody to be a big fan if their work.

Wow, tell me more about this, Mr. mygnr Coelho....

• Like 1

It's awful how these people bully poor sensitive Axl, who certainly never spewed venom from the stage at anybody who even mildly upset him or he felt threatened by- even going so far as to immortalize some of it on Get In The Ring.

"The practice of billing post-peak players as of or from a famous group is misleading to the public. There are guys today who are in Guns N Roses? Dude, youre not in Guns N Roses. Youre playing with Axl Rose. Im sorry, man. Im sorry. If youre hired to play in a band after their heyday, I dont care if you played with them for three decades. Youre a paid sideman. Youre on salary. Youre not a band member. None of these guys are band members

There is NO ONE that can argue this point. Its 100% dead on.. I don't care if this new "band" sticks together 50 more years. They are nothing more than a cover band, living off the success of the name and hit songs that they have NOTHING to do with. Adding a "new" song from UYI, is adding another cover song. There are tons of cover bands playing GNR songs every night. The only difference is this one has Axl as the singer.

Exactly.

Strange I don't really care if you believe I'm an Axl fan or not. My life doesn't revolve around Axl or proving to people if I'm a fan of Axl or not. I'm not 12 years old.

Just because somebody doesn't like Axl or says something negative about him doesn't mean I have to automatically bash and disagree.

You don't have to worship somebody to be a big fan if their work.

Yes. I am an Elvis fan but there is no way in hell I am defending the cinematic opuses, Tickle Me or Girl Happy.

Some of these people are absolutely delusional.

who?

what are you talking about,?

you always made shit like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Dee Snider: "Axl is a great singer. One of the best of all time. He sounds amazing!"

Axl lunatic fans: Go Dee! I always loved that guy. His music is great. Been a fan of Twisted Sister since forever!

_____

Dee Snider: "Axl's band is NOT Guns N' Roses. The guys performing with Axl are NOT Guns N' Roses!"

Axl lunatic fans: Fuck Dee! Who's that fucking loser? Never liked the guy or his music. Twisted Sister is an awful band.

can you provide some real examples for this?

or you just bullshitting to get likes again?

I often wonder how some folks deal with being in the public everyday given their anger about negative opinions on GN'R.

For example, if you were to be in a bar and ask 10 random people if the current line up "IS Guns N' Roses", 10 random people are going to tell you "Fuck no". What's the reply to that? Is it the same as some of the reactions to Dee Snider saying the same thing?

• Like 2

Axl fans are just following Axl here. Axl himself is incapable of handling criticism. Most other musicians merely reply with a shrug of the shoulders to the things the press write; Axl replied by writing an incredibly childish rant (Get in the Ring) specifically naming certain journalists and including it in his next magnum opus. Axl jumped in the crowd to beat up a guy, ehh, taking photographs. This is a guy who has surrounded himself with people who hang off of his penis. All the people who could potentially criticise him have left or been sacked.

I often wonder how some folks deal with being in the public everyday given their anger about negative opinions on GN'R.

For example, if you were to be in a bar and ask 10 random people if the current line up "IS Guns N' Roses", 10 random people are going to tell you "Fuck no". What's the reply to that? Is it the same as some of the reactions to Dee Snider saying the same thing?

I would reply "yeah,you're right but listen to his solo album, man there's some good shit on there..."

Dee Snider kissing their ass if they met him, but it's easy to talk shit behind their backs...

You know if the video what i posted do not exist i wouldn't not even post in this thread...

Axl fans are just following Axl here. Axl himself is incapable of handling criticism. Most other musicians merely reply with a shrug of the shoulders to the things the press write; Axl replied by writing an incredibly childish rant (Get in the Ring) specifically naming certain journalists and including it in his next magnum opus. Axl jumped in the crowd to beat up a guy, ehh, taking photographs. This is a guy who has surrounded himself with people who hang off of his penis. All the people who could potentially criticise him have left or been sacked.

Who are you talking about?

please be specific

I would reply "yeah,you're right but listen to his solo album, man there's some good shit on there..."

Dee Snider kissing their ass if they met him, but it's easy to talk shit behind their backs...

You know if the video what i posted do not exist i wouldn't not even post in this thread...

I agree that Dee being two-faced blows but it is what it is. I just think some folks (maybe not you in particular) feel the need to just up and attack anyone who says anything negative about Axl or GN'R.

Was Dee (in his job as red carpet interviewer at the Golden Gods show) supposed to take Ashba and Fortus to task right there and then, then?

"Hey, I'm here with two scabs that pretend to be Slash and Izzy from GNR respectively"...

Was Dee (in his job as red carpet interviewer at the Golden Gods show) supposed to take Ashba and Fortus to task right there and then, then?

"Hey, I'm here with two scabs that pretend to be Slash and Izzy from GNR respectively"...

Umm, yeah

other than that, it's hipocritism and he should shut his mouth or sustain his opinion...

But i know the commerical media made you a hipocrite and this was his job blablabla

I gave up, it seems to me the so called Axl fans that you and other people talked about,do not exist here, i only saw on this thread maybe 2 people with the so called "defend Axl to death" mentality...

It's highly possible that you and others are talkin about M's forum, though

Edited by Strange Broue

I could n`t care less what others say about Axl be it negative or positive but if you`re going to talk shit about someone at least make sure not to kiss his ass beforehand or grow a pair and tell him in his presence ( I mean Axl not DJ or Richard. Snider had an opportunity to tell Axl what he thought about NuNuGNR at GG ). As for Doug Aldrich, he`s a brilliant guitarist, he will smoke Twisted Sister`s guitarists` asses with ease. Axl should have brought him in intead of Robin then again, I don`t think Doug would be willing to wait for Axl to drag his precioous ass in studio and record something or would be OK covering Slash day in and day out. As far as musicianship is concerned, Axl takes massive dump on Snider even at his most fucked up phase.

Edited by Dark Knight

Maybe the thought and opinion about what he said a few days ago only came to him a few days ago and not last year when he was on the red carpet. Who knows? Or if he had the feeling and opinion, maybe it didn't cross his mind to ask them there as he had other thoughts and limited time to do the red carpet thing. Not everyone has Axl on their mind 365/24 despite what Axl fans think.

Not really sure why he is supposed to stay silent. He tweeted about Doug Aldrich and Whitesnake and Aldrich responded which led to Snider talking more at length about his opinion. Not really sure how that makes him a hypocrite or a dick or a no talent wannabe or whatever else. The guy offered his opinion on something. He elaborated on his feelings and also apologized to Aldrich after he thought more about the situation. It's what rational people do. Opinions are allowed to change.

Edited by Sixes
  • Like 2

Maybe the thought and opinion about what he said a few days ago only came to him a few days ago and not last year when he was on the red carpet. Who knows? Or if he had the feeling and opinion, maybe it didn't cross his mind to ask them there as he had other thoughts and limited time to do the red carpet thing. Not everyone has Axl on their mind 365/24 despite what Axl fans think.

Not really sure why he is supposed to stay silent. He tweeted about Doug Aldrich and Whitesnake and Aldrich responded which led to Snider talking more at length about his opinion. Not really sure how that makes him a hypocrite or a dick or a no talent wannabe or whatever else. The guy offered his opinion on something. He elaborated on his feelings and also apologized to Aldrich after he thought more about the situation. It's what rational people do. Opinions are allowed to change.

It really is like some people think everyone has this irrepressible urge to talk about Axl at all times. It's not like that. Axl is just another musician, and when his name comes up it's hard not to mention the mockery he's made of GNR, unless you're at an awards show honoring him, at which point you probably should think twice about what you say, which Dee did.

I have no love for Dee Snider whatsoever, but he did nothing wrong here.

It's awful how these people bully poor sensitive Axl, who certainly never spewed venom from the stage at anybody who even mildly upset him or he felt threatened by- even going so far as to immortalize some of it on Get In The Ring.

How in the hell are Ashba and Fortus a "threat" to Dee Snider?? :rofl-lol:

Why would he even care who's in or out of GN'R??

His unsolicited opinion is just ol' lady drama.

:rofl-lol: