Dee Snider takes aim at GnR...

I met Dee and I like him, but no way was Twisted Sister ever as great as GNR.

GNR had their time, it ended, everyone has moved on. To continue to blame Axl for the breakup is shit, because everyone in the band was in a fucked up stage of their life. If GNR hadn't broken up, Slash, Izzy, and Duff probably would have died.

Drugs and alcohol were killing them all. Axl had the balls to end it. Enough said, can we move on? If some of you don't like the new GNR, then don't. Axl doesn't seem to care, nor do Slash, Duff and Izzy. They all seem to like the lives and the money they all have now.

I agree. That's a fact that is often over-looked. Axl literally saved these guys even though it would have been far easier and far more profitable for him to look the other way while those guys killed themselves to keep the whole thing going. Axl should be commended for sacrificing his own self-interest for the general welfare of his old bandmates.

How the hell are you connecting the dots from, those guys getting sober, with Axl? Izzy sobered up by himself, by going back to Lafayette, by travelling on his own vehicle. Duff pretty much got himself sober by himself - read his book. And guess what? Slash did also. If anything Axl's ridiculous behaviour made their drug/booze use worse. They were all hitting the sauce backstage when Axl was looking for an astrological reading while chomping on his sushi, that would indicate that 'he should get his ridiculous behind onstage''. Slash was hitting the booze and drugs when they were trying to record a follow up to Illusions, just before he left. He has stated that 'he would be dead' if he remained in Guns.

Edited by DieselDaisy

GNR had their time, it ended, everyone has moved on. To continue to blame Axl for the breakup is shit, because everyone in the band was in a fucked up stage of their life. If GNR hadn't broken up, Slash, Izzy, and Duff probably would have died.

Drugs and alcohol were killing them all. Axl had the balls to end it. Enough said, can we move on? If some of you don't like the new GNR, then don't. Axl doesn't seem to care, nor do Slash, Duff and Izzy. They all seem to like the lives and the money they all have now.

I agree. That's a fact that is often over-looked. Axl literally saved these guys even though it would have been far easier and far more profitable for him to look the other way while those guys killed themselves to keep the whole thing going. Axl should be commended for sacrificing his own self-interest for the general welfare of his old bandmates.

How the hell are you connecting the dots from, those guys getting sober, with Axl? Izzy sobered up by himself, by going back to Lafayette, by travelling on his own vehicle. Duff pretty much got himself sober by himself - read his book. And guess what? Slash did also. If anything Axl's ridiculous behaviour made their drug/booze use worse. They were all hitting the sauce backstage when Axl was looking for an astrological reading while chomping on his sushi, that would indicate that 'he should get his ridiculous behind onstage''. Slash was hitting the booze and drugs when they were trying to record a follow up to Illusions, just before he left. He has stated that 'he would be dead' if he remained in Guns.

Great points. Ya, That is 100% wrong.

Those three guys got sober AFTER they left Guns n Roses......so how does Axl get credit for that?

Edited by Apollo

Well Izzy and Duff were both still members but if you read their accounts, Axl (and GN'R) basically has nothing to do with their sobriety. Izzy returned to Lafayette which Axl could never understand. When Duff got sober it was during the Snakepit demos era, when nothing was happening. It was a completely independent (even from gnr). It is all in his book. He actually sobered up through exercise and reading. It was a very personal thing.

Yet, Axl, saved them all!!

Edited by DieselDaisy

Great points. Ya, That is 100% wrong.

Those three guys got sober AFTER they left Guns n Roses......so how does Axl get credit for that?

That is precisely the reason why. They didn't get sober until Axl shut the whole thing down. You've both answered your own questions. They had demonstrated time and again that they could not BE in GNR and BE sober. Even Slash alludes to this point in his book- that had he continued in GNR he would have found heroin again. Too bad he and the rest of the band have never publicly thanked Axl for saving their lives. When you really break it down you can see why Axl is so bitter. He helped make these guys rich and famous, then he literally saves their lives, and also saves GNR...yet somehow he's the villain in all of this.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Izzy sobered up, 15th December 1989.

Duff has been sober since his pancreas exploded, 10th May 1994.

Axl also deserves credit for the ending of apartheid and the end of the cold war, based on the premise that he was simply around and active when all of that took place.

• Like 1

Seems Dee has sour grapes, maybe it's because Twisted Sister or any of his other projects after 1987 have been less than successful.

I don't disagree with everything he said, he made a few valid points. But, I just do't get his angle, first it was Doug aldrich who made 2 (solid) albums with Whitesnake and toured with them for 10 years +, now it's GnR. Usually when someone's doing a big media blitz like this they're trying to sell something. Does have another christmas album coming out or something?

Finally... of all people to call another band for being on a nostalgia trip... :P

http://www.inquisitr.com/1941029/dee-snider-savages-guns-n-roses-slams-current-line-up-as-little-more-than-axl-roses-hired-help/

I dont see dee snider bashing GNR

He is bashing the people who think (and talk and walk like) they are GNR

Slash continued being a drug and alcohol wreck even after GN'R. Him blaming Axl for his drugaddiction is a fuckin' joke. No one forces you into drugs. You get into them and get out of them by yourself.

Drop the shit, Salsh :thumbsdown:

Slash dropped the shit and is doing fine. He works his ass off and is a machine when it comes to getting shit done. Axl is drinking way more then all of the old Guns members combined. Slash's gut is a new unexpected development though. Both are chubby, yet likable.

• Like 1

Slash continued being a drug and alcohol wreck even after GN'R. Him blaming Axl for his drugaddiction is a fuckin' joke. No one forces you into drugs. You get into them and get out of them by yourself.

Drop the shit, Salsh :thumbsdown:

Slash dropped the shit and is doing fine. He works his ass off and is a machine when it comes to getting shit done. Axl is drinking way more then all of the old Guns members combined. Slash's gut is a new unexpected development though. Both are chubby, yet likable.

I know he dropped it. Now. Like 5 seconds ago. I was just making clear that its not like he left GN'R and inmediately got clean, because that's BS. It's in his book. Even Perla was an addict and was his drug-buddy as well.

Not sure til what point Axl's drinking has become a bad habit. I hope he drops that too and embraces a healthy life.

j95mf.jpg

:rofl-lol:

I just found out Twisted Sisters were sort of popular in the 70's...

Geez, my parents hadn't even met :popcorn:

For a club band it sounded like they packed the clubs. They drew 23,000 people to an amusement park parking lot on Long Island as an unsigned band. I think GNR played Street Scene to that many people but there's a difference between a city festival and a parking lot in the suburbs.

• Like 1

Axl also deserves credit for the ending of apartheid and the end of the cold war, based on the premise that he was simply around and active when all of that took place.

Word!!!!

Is it funny or sad that some people on these GnR forums actually believe what you just posted?

Word!!!!

Is it funny or sad that some people on these GnR forums actually believe what you just posted?

They don't believe it. They simply pretend that they do because they want to protect Axl Rose no matter what. No sane person would agree with those stupid statements.

• Like 1

j95mf.jpg

For a club band it sounded like they packed the clubs. They drew 23,000 people to an amusement park parking lot on Long Island as an unsigned band. I think GNR played Street Scene to that many people but there's a difference between a city festival and a parking lot in the suburbs.

Isn't it weird how a few people in here are trying to downplay Twisted Sister's importance in the hard rock world - just because the guy said something that wasn't 100% positive about Axl Rose? Kind of like Justin Bieber fans making fun of the pop stars that paved the way for a guy like him to become successful.

I never thought I'd see the day where Axl Rose fans were on the same mental level as Justin Bieber fans.

Whomever posted that picture - what was your point? It really makes no sense.

Anybody who was alive in the 70s/80s knows how important TS was to the hard rock world. And people who weren't alive, but have a little rock history knowledge knows about TS and Dee's career. Only those people who are ignorant of rock music history don't understand where TS reside in history. Well, those people and the ones who based their entire music opinions solely on how other artists talk about Axl Rose. But that would just be f*cking pathetic, so hopefully nobody on here does that.

OMG - Dee Snider really is the devil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10q05c7.jpg

You just know that Slash and Dee only performed together to try and make Axl mad.

But then there is this picture. Maybe this is from when Duff and Axl weren't getting along. So Duff did it just to spite Axl.

20ap8ok.jpg

• Like 1

j95mf.jpg

Isn't it weird how a few people in here are trying to downplay Twisted Sister's importance in the hard rock world - just because the guy said something that wasn't 100% positive about Axl Rose? Kind of like Justin Bieber fans making fun of the pop stars that paved the way for a guy like him to become successful.

I never thought I'd see the day where Axl Rose fans were on the same mental level as Justin Bieber fans.

Anybody who was alive in the 70s/80s knows how important TS was to the hard rock world. And people who weren't alive, but have a little rock history knowledge knows about TS and Dee's career. Only those people who are ignorant of rock music history don't understand where TS reside in history. Well, those people and the ones who based their entire music opinions solely on how other artists talk about Axl Rose. But that would just be f*cking pathetic, so hopefully nobody on here does that.

I don't know what kind of bad trip you're on lately but everything you just said above is ridiculous for a guy your age. Oh... btw, weren't you the one who weeks or months ago was preaching to the younger ones here about how being a fanatic, a zealot sucks and we shouldn't be like that?

Guess you don't have mirrors at home. Because you've been a zealot to this Dee Snider guy for more than a week now. And tell me something, Apollo, why are you always bringing young people down? Isn't that sad? Are younger generations to blame for not having been born in your amazing timeframe of "hair metal bands"? What's wrong with Bieber fans and how do they affect your life in any significative way?

The fact that you want to shame me or anyone else here just because we weren't born or old enough to appreciate Twisted Sister stardom is nothing but lame. Should I do the same with kids now who couldn't witness the Gn'R grandiouse era?

I will speak for myself and no one else... Twister Sister never meant anything to me AGES before this recent comments about Gn'R, and be sure they will not mean anything ages after. I find it utterly offensive that you imply that most people here are idiots, zealots and in general brainwashed by the love of Axl. No, we are not all like that, so please don't refer to me in those terms. You don't know me at all. You don't have the slightest clue of who I am and how I function, the amount of knowledge I have on things and for how long I've been into rock n' roll.

Let's see how you like this......

By the looks of it, if at some point we found out Bin Laden said shit about Axl, you'd be the first one to stand up for Bin Laden's spotless career in voicing the truth to the masses. :no:

j95mf.jpg

I don't know what kind of bad trip you're on lately but everything you just said above is ridiculous for a guy your age. Oh... btw, weren't you the one who weeks or months ago was preaching to the younger ones here about how being a fanatic, a zealot sucks and we shouldn't be like that?

Guess you don't have mirrors at home. Because you've been a zealot to this Dee Snider guy for more than a week now. And tell me something, Apollo, why are you always bringing young people down? Isn't that sad? Are younger generations to blame for not having been born in your amazing timeframe of "hair metal bands"? What's wrong with Bieber fans and how do they affect your life in any significative way?

The fact that you want to shame me or anyone else here just because we weren't born or old enough to appreciate Twisted Sister stardom is nothing but lame. Should I do the same with kids now who couldn't witness the Gn'R grandiouse era?

I will speak for myself and no one else... Twister Sister never meant anything to me AGES before this recent comments about Gn'R, and be sure they will not mean anything ages after. I find it utterly offensive that you imply that most people here are idiots, zealots and in general brainwashed by the love of Axl. No, we are not all like that, so please don't refer to me in those terms. You don't know me at all. You don't have the slightest clue of who I am and how I function, the amount of knowledge I have on things and for how long I've been into rock n' roll.

Let's see how you like this......

By the looks of it, if at some point we found out Bin Laden said shit about Axl, you'd be the first one to stand up for Bin Laden's spotless career in voicing the truth to the masses. :no:

lol

There is too much "wrong" there for me to even reply to it all. I brought up age because the poster you were agreeing with was bringing up age!!!! It's weird how you bash me for things that you then praise other people for......simply because they are defending Axl and I'm not. And you do that all the time. Stella was another great example. The double standards you have are hilarious.

This is a forum. You have every right to post your opinion on Twister Sister, just like I have every right to post mine. If you and Gunner are going to dish it out, why aren't other people allowed to respond???? It's OK for you guys to post "funny" memes - but not for people to post actual facts? Think about that.

And f*ck off with your young people comment. That's just an idiotic statement. And I'm not a Dee or TS zealot. I said I didn't even like their music (of course, you ignore that). BUT I am able to look at things factually and not be Axl-biased on every issue.

Dude - life is too short for you to constantly be getting so angry about me and about what posters say regarding a rock singer. USE THAT IGNORE FEATURE - I think it will help you become much happier!!!! :thumbsup:

lol

There is too much "wrong" there for me to even reply to it all. I brought up age because the poster you were agreeing with was bringing up age!!!! It's weird how you bash me for things that you then praise other people for......simply because they are defending Axl and I'm not. And you do that all the time. Stella was another great example. The double standards you have are hilarious.

This is a forum. You have every right to post your opinion on Twister Sister, just like I have every right to post mine. If you and Gunner are going to dish it out, why aren't other people allowed to respond???? It's OK for you guys to post "funny" memes - but not for people to post actual facts? Think about that.

And f*ck off with your young people comment. That's just an idiotic statement. And I'm not a Dee or TS zealot. I said I didn't even like their music (of course, you ignore that). BUT I am able to look at things factually and not be Axl-biased on every issue.

Dude - life is too short for you to constantly be getting so angry about me and about what posters say regarding a rock singer. USE THAT IGNORE FEATURE - I think it will help you become much happier!!!! :thumbsup:

Were did Gunner PT bring up the age issue? I can't find his post. Really. :shrugs:

Maybe it was me the one who said that. I don't remember. But I do know that I wasn't born when this TwS band was great and then I did a little search and found out they were popular in the 70's. So all I said was that I wasn't around to appreciate their fame, even though I was born a decade later, when I was old enough to remember anything, back in my childhood the huge bands were Bon Jovi, Europe, Aerosmith, Motley, etc. (therefore, I concluded their period of fame must have been short).

I didn't dish anyone's opinion either..... Did you read my first response to the thread? I said I don't respect Snider because he has no code. That he shouldn't be talking liek that about colleagues who are just making their living and ultimately, they are not to blame or have nothing to do with Guns N' Roses break up.

You and the other troublemakers are the ones who turned this into an "Axl fans issue", just to be able to bash people. The truth is Snider didn't say anything bad about Axl. He was badmouthing the new line-up, so your whole trip is completely wrong.

Also, I didn't post any meme.... I'm not into memes. I just laughed at what Gunner posted because it was funny. Can't I laugh now? :shrugs:

Facts? No one is preventing you from posting anything but you? facts? no, you never post facts.... Most people here (me included, yeah) post their OPINIONS. Facts, rarely. Most of us are not the so-called insiders who hold the "facts", so I don't believe in that.

I will use the ignore button whenever the fuck I want. You don't dictate me when to do it and I'm never angry. Actually, at this point of my life I'm happier than ever. What about you? :shades:

lol

Were did Gunner PT bring up the age issue? I can't find his post. Really. :shrugs:

Maybe it was me the one who said that. I don't remember. But I do know that I wasn't born when this TwS band was great and then I did a little search and found out they were popular in the 70's. So all I said was that I wasn't around to appreciate their fame, even though I was born a decade later, when I was old enough to remember anything, back in my childhood the huge bands were Bon Jovi, Europe, Aerosmith, Motley, etc. (therefore, I concluded their period of fame must have been short).

I didn't dish anyone's opinion either..... Did you read my first response to the thread? I said I don't respect Snider because he has no code. That he shouldn't be talking liek that about colleagues who are just making their living and ultimately, they are not to blame or have nothing to do with Guns N' Roses break up.

You and the other troublemakers are the ones who turned this into an "Axl fans issue", just to be able to bash people. The truth is Snider didn't say anything bad about Axl. He was badmouthing the new line-up, so your whole trip is completely wrong.

Also, I didn't post any meme.... I'm not into memes. I just laughed at what Gunner posted because it was funny. Can't I laugh now? :shrugs:

Facts? No one is preventing you from posting anything but you? facts? no, you never post facts.... Most people here (me included, yeah) post their OPINIONS. Facts, rarely. Most of us are not the so-called insiders who hold the "facts", so I don't believe in that.

I will use the ignore button whenever the fuck I want. You don't dictate me when to do it and I'm never angry. Actually, at this point of my life I'm happier than ever. What about you? :shades:

Tl/dr

Read your last two sentences - awesome!!!! Life is too short to be unhappy and feuding with people over hair metal musicians. People should be able to disagree without it turning silly.

On an interesting note, I just checked out what other forums (non GnR based forums) thought about what Dee said and about 92% of rock fans agree with what Dee said.

• Like 1

There is something between Dee and Axl. I think someone mentioned it a while ago, here or on another forum.

Dee, or one of his cohorts will probably read this thread, so it would be interesting to hear from the horse's mouth what the beef is.

Edited by Mysteron