"The X-Files" Returns (2min Trailer Out Now)

BangoSkank

The first film, if I recall, was basically a padded out especially boring episode of the show. I like the show by the way but pick the most boring episode then add two hours of chatter and that is basically the first film.

Well yes, that's true. :lol: The 'mytharc' was the weakest aspect of the show, and I don't trust Carter to have realized that.

Strongly disagree about the myth arc especially in the first half of the shows run.

As for the first film, it was a big budget cash grab at the end of season 5 that summer to fill the gap to season 6. They ended the original myth-arc in the TV show half way through the 6th season 10 or so episodes later with 1 Father/2 Sons which made absouletely no sense why they didn't just do it in the film instead.

I know it was made up as they went along, but that mid season 6 final were almost all the bad guys end up dead and the aliens plot thwarted tied it all together. It's afterwards when they tried to reboot the arc that it started spinning on it's wheel's Mulder getting abducted and "super soliders" ect.

There are some good mytharc episodes, a few great (Two Fathers/One Son shits all over the movie), IMO there were also a lot of tedious ones. Possibly because that was the area that Carter was most invested in, and he was generally not one of the shows better writers (Post-Modern Prometheus excepted).

I read Fox was doing 6 shows and possibly more.

Dallas is having a Comic Con at then end of May and Gillian Anderson just signed on as a guest. I would love to meet her. I'm sure her line will be super long with fans. Also she'll probably be very expensive for an autograph and picture with her.

I have heard she likes a tipple.

gallery_main-gillian-anderson-drunk-01.j

She's just glorious, her work currently on The Fall, all the Brit TV and stage stuff she's done. :wub:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw a preview last night Can't wait. I remember watching and loving this show before it got popular. It was on a Friday night and I guess no one watched it. I did from the beginning and loved it. Can't wait for January when the new season begins. It looks like Scully might be in a mental hospital and Mulder goes to get her.

Man this has gotten me so excited! yet at the same time i'm so sure this will be a disappointment

What makes you think that?

Having lived through the disappointment of the last three seasons, not to mention the second movie, I'd advise a good deal of caution with your optimism. Except for the Darin Morgan ep. That can and will not suck.

• 2 weeks later...

Man this has gotten me so excited! yet at the same time i'm so sure this will be a disappointment

Having lived through the disappointment of the last three seasons, not to mention the second movie, I'd advise a good deal of caution with your optimism. Except for the Darin Morgan ep. That can and will not suck.

Season 7 has some cool episodes like Paper Hearts, Fight Club, the video game one, and the one with the genie. Can't remember if the Dreamland 2-parter was in that season or the one before, but it was fantastic as well.

Season 7 has some cool episodes like Paper Hearts, Fight Club, the video game one, and the one with the genie. Can't remember if the Dreamland 2-parter was in that season or the one before, but it was fantastic as well.

Paper Hearts is S4, do you mean the S7 Samantha ep (Closure, IIRC)? I do dimly recall that not sucking and I will defend X-Cops until my dying day, as it's one of my all time favorites. But aside from that, the genie episode is clever and Requiem would've made a much tidier series finale than The Truth, but IMO (and as well as I can recall) that's about it. But it's still leagues above 8 and 9, obviously.

Paper Hearts is S4, do you mean the S7 Samantha ep (Closure, IIRC)? I do dimly recall that not sucking and I will defend X-Cops until my dying day, as it's one of my all time favorites. But aside from that, the genie episode is clever and Requiem would've made a much tidier series finale than The Truth, but IMO (and as well as I can recall) that's about it. But it's still leagues above 8 and 9, obviously.

I did some Googling and what happened is that I misremembered Paper Hearts as being the conclusion to the Samantha story arc as it stayed with me far more than Closure. I also remember Brand X (the episode with the killer cigarettes) from season 7 being fantastic as well. I totally agree about Requiem being leaps and bounds better than the true finale, though. From season 8, I remember the 2-part beginning and Roadrunners being awesome episodes, but beyond that I don't really remember anything :lol:

• 2 months later...

Season 6 started out well but a few episodes in and it's pretty hokey right now.

S6 is all highs and slumps. It picks back up around Tithonus and Two Fathers/One Son. Of course it dips again a few eps later. Field Trip, Monday, Arcadia are especially good though.

If you're struggling at this point in S6, I don't like your chances of getting through S9.

Edited by Angelica