Anyone else find a reunion without new material to be utterly boring?

We know for certain we're not getting new material?

Wanna bet?

Sure. Why not?

Please note that I have absolutely no reason to believe we are getting new material, but I'm also not ready to just say the sky is falling because nothing has been announced yet.

Wanna bet?

Sure. Why not?

Please note that I have absolutely no reason to believe we are getting new material, but I'm also not ready to just say the sky is falling because nothing has been announced yet.

So you would wager actual money on us getting new GNR songs in 2016?

That's a hell of a risky bet there, Russ.

Wanna bet?

Sure. Why not?

Yeah yeah, I know. I'm not even being overly confident or anything, I'm just being optimistic is all.

I'd do an actual money bet, but something low like under $50 just for the hell of it. So basically, if we don't get at least 1 new studio cut from GN'R by December 31, 2016, I'd PayPal you the money and vice versa.

• Like 3

Wanna bet?

Sure. Why not?

Yeah yeah, I know. I'm not even being overly confident or anything, I'm just being optimistic is all.

I'd do an actual money bet, but something low like under $50 just for the hell of it. So basically, if we don't get at least 1 new studio cut from GN'R by December 31, 2016, I'd PayPal you the money and vice versa.

I'll take that action, all day long, in fact make it 300 quid, go on, i bet you we get 0 new music out of GnR, we on? Thats new music out of this reunioned GnR, 300.

Edited by Len B'stard

Wanna bet?

Sure. Why not?

You're on.

Hopefully I'll be sending you the money next month. That'd be an expensive one-off iTunes download for me if hell freezes over and it actually happens! :lol:

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

You're on.

Hopefully I'll be sending you the money next month. That'd be an expensive one-off iTunes download for me if hell freezes over and it actually happens! :lol:

Right on, it's a deal. Yeah, I'm certainly hoping to win the bet but not because I don't wanna pay out $50 but because I'd love for all of us to get some new GN'R tunes!

I fully expect this to be trending on social media later today: "Detroit man places world's first bet on Axl Rose being productive" HAHA.

Having said that, I'm a man of my word so I will absolutely pay you if I lose. I may need a reminder as work for me is super hectic between the last day of the year and the second week of January, but all I'll need is one reminder and I'll shoot you the dough.

Wanna bet?

Sure. Why not?

I'll take that action, all day long, in fact make it 300 quid, go on, i bet you we get 0 new music out of GnR, we on? Thats new music out of this reunioned GnR, 300.

No. Bet is locked in. For cheap. You missed out. :lol:

• Like 1

I was thinking about this today, Im just hoping they release a new single before April or something, I do want to hear CD 2, but a song with Slash, Duff and Axl would be really amazing.

I hope they release it. IF this reunion can happen, then why not a new song?

You're on.

Right on, it's a deal. Yeah, I'm certainly hoping to win the bet but not because I don't wanna pay out $50 but because I'd love for all of us to get some new GN'R tunes!

I fully expect this to be trending on social media later today: "Detroit man places world's first bet on Axl Rose being productive" HAHA.

Having said that, I'm a man of my word so I will absolutely pay you if I lose. I may need a reminder as work for me is super hectic between the last day of the year and the second week of January, but all I'll need is one reminder and I'll shoot you the dough.

Wanna bet?

Sure. Why not?

No. Bet is locked in. For cheap. You missed out. :lol:

Oh yeah, definitely not joking.

I'll cough up the dough if I lose. I gotta say though Russ, I don't fancy your odds!

• Like 1

I would so piss myself laughing if GNR announced a new single tomorrow. Hahaha. :lol:

Wouldn't that be some shit? I promise you I have absolutely NO inside info whatsoever. I'm working for the same utter (shit) disappointment everyone else has been with respect to new music. I'm just being either really dumb or really lucky haha.

I would so piss myself laughing if GNR announced a new single tomorrow. Hahaha. :lol:

Wouldn't that be some shit? I promise you I have absolutely NO inside info whatsoever. I'm working for the same utter (shit) disappointment everyone else has been with respect to new music. I'm just being either really dumb or really lucky haha.

I think logic and history and the odds of probability are on my side, but hey, we'll see come December 31st I suppose. BTW, live tracks don't count. Has to be a proper studio song, don't mind if it's a cover, but it has to be a studio track, recorded by the current line-up of GNR?

Edited by Towelie

I think logic and history and the odds of probability are on my side, but hey, we'll see come December 31st I suppose. BTW, live tracks don't count. Has to be a proper studio song, don't mind if it's a cover, but it has to be a studio track, recorded by the current line-up of GNR?

I can agree to those terms.

I'll be bummed if they play something brand new live but don't release a studio version, but oh well. We'll kind of both win in that instance anyway. I mean, you'll have the $50 but at least we'll be have a new tune haha.

I sincerely doubt they'd release a studio recorded cover, but I guess that sort of helps my side that it would count.

I'll be bummed if they play something brand new live but don't release a studio version, but oh well. We'll kind of both win in that instance anyway. I mean, you'll have the $50 but at least we'll be have a new tune haha.

I sincerely doubt they'd release a studio recorded cover, but I guess that sort of helps my side that it would count.

I'll give you it if they do a new original track live, that's not a cover, like a CD-outtake or a brand new written song (live covers don't count though).

You're TOTAL mistaken my friend. The only people that might be a bit bored are US, the Chinese Democracy faithful who have seen them A LOT over the past 10 years. To most GNR fans who are loyalist and passed on Axl's new band, this will feel like 23 years ago to them. You forget that GNR alienated so much of its fanbase when it became a new band. Look how fast these shows are selling out tickets. Boring? No way.

I'll tell you what was boring about new GNR. The crowds were fucking lame. At the Vegas shows, people just stood there and watched. At every show I went to, there was no energy in the crowd. The only shows that had energy were MSG in 2002 and the Hammerstein Ballroom gigs. Other than that, a big crowd not really into it. Slash is going to make PEOPLE GO NUTS.

Slash on top of the piano at the end of November Rain boring? Think again!

• Like 1

I'll give you it if they do a new original track live, that's not a cover, like a CD-outtake or a brand new written song (live covers don't count though).

That's where we might end up in a grey area though. We might never know the origin of any particular song to be honest. What if they completely rework The General (or whatever) and we have nothing to go on outside of a GNR-Insider™ saying they know the origin of the song?

That's where we might end up in a grey area though. We might never know the origin of any particular song to be honest. What if they completely rework The General (or whatever) and we have nothing to go on outside of a GNR-Insider saying they know the origin of the song?

If they do any previously unreleased GNR track live I will give you the money. Doesn't have to be written by the current band, but has to be performed by them and has to be an original GNR song (what era it stems from is irrelevant).

But shit like Blood In The Water or Better Gone don't count. It has to be either officially performed by the band or officially released by the band and it has to be a proper brand new song (to us).

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

That's where we might end up in a grey area though. We might never know the origin of any particular song to be honest. What if they completely rework The General (or whatever) and we have nothing to go on outside of a GNR-Insider™ saying they know the origin of the song?

If they do any previously unreleased GNR track live I will give you the money. Doesn't have to be written by the current band, but has to be performed by them and has to be an original GNR song (what era it stems from is irrelevant).

But shit like Blood In The Water or Better Gone don't count. It has to be either officially performed by the band or officially released by the band and it has to be a proper brand new song.

Ok cool, that works for me.

BTW, if GN'R ever officially releases Blood In The Water or Better Gone as "official GN'R tracks" I'll be too busy hanging my head in shame. I wouldn't have any time to try to weasel reasons why I'd won a bet over it. We would all be the losers if those tracks were officially released under the GN'R name haha.

• Like 1

That's where we might end up in a grey area though. We might never know the origin of any particular song to be honest. What if they completely rework The General (or whatever) and we have nothing to go on outside of a GNR-Insider saying they know the origin of the song?

But shit like Blood In The Water or Better Gone don't count. It has to be either officially performed by the band or officially released by the band and it has to be a proper brand new song.

Ok cool, that works for me.

BTW, if GN'R ever officially releases Blood In The Water or Better Gone as "official GN'R tracks" I'll be too busy hanging my head in shame. I wouldn't have any time to try to weasel reasons why I'd won a bet over it. We would all be the losers if those tracks were officially released under the GN'R name haha.

Guys if you wanted to get an official release betting money won't help, now betting a nice Dr. Pepper may get something done.

• Like 1