any word on Steven

53 minutes ago, dario27 said:

i really hope it's not a "three drummer - three guitarrists" kind of band, it'll be ridiculous, what for?, just to please everybody?.

If Steven can't play, he can't be parto of it... i was watching the RRHF the other day and sorry but he can't play anymore, he has a lot of will, but lacks precision.

this really is a make or break for Axl, and GN'R, if it works, we'll see them for the next few years, but if it doesn't it's Axl's goodbye from the industry, and i'm sure he's not gonna risk it for having Steven and 2 other drummers, Slash will still make music on his own, same as Duff but it's all at risk with Axl, he's been quiestioned over the last few years, and now with a golden oportunity to come back, he's not gonna take chances... GN'R are not relevant anymore, they're not gonna get away with anything that they come up with unless it's just a closure tour.

The make or break for Axl was in 2001. CD was nothing major in the music industry, it got some buzz but mostly it was known as "Axl's band". If they pull this reunion off it will be a few years of nostalgia act, and I'll be the one going to a few shows. But no, Steven being there and messing it up won't destroy whatever is left of GNR. That ship sailed long time ago...

10 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

The make or break for Axl was in 2001. CD was nothing major in the music industry, it got some buzz but mostly it was known as "Axl's band". If they pull this reunion off it will be a few years of nostalgia act, and I'll be the one going to a few shows. But no, Steven being there and messing it up won't destroy whatever is left of GNR. That ship sailed long time ago...

Gnr is done since the release of CD. This guys are now too old to make another great record. Its still good that they please the oldgnr fans, but seriously gnr is actually done. With VR's Contraband you could see that could have been big til 2010. but nowdays its just a nostalgic farewell tour. 

3 hours ago, dario27 said:

i really hope it's not a "three drummer - three guitarrists" kind of band, it'll be ridiculous, what for?, just to please everybody?.

If Steven can't play, he can't be parto of it... i was watching the RRHF the other day and sorry but he can't play anymore, he has a lot of will, but lacks precision.

this really is a make or break for Axl, and GN'R, if it works, we'll see them for the next few years, but if it doesn't it's Axl's goodbye from the industry, and i'm sure he's not gonna risk it for having Steven and 2 other drummers, Slash will still make music on his own, same as Duff but it's all at risk with Axl, he's been quiestioned over the last few years, and now with a golden oportunity to come back, he's not gonna take chances... GN'R are not relevant anymore, they're not gonna get away with anything that they come up with unless it's just a closure tour.

We must have been watching two different shows. I thought Adler was great. GNR isn't Rush. Adler would be fine playing SCOM,Brownstone and PC every night. He deserves to be up there,IMO. Sorum can play on some UYI songs and Frank on the rest. You can't make everyone happy short of a full tour with the AFD 5 and even then I'm sure some would complain. People will be stoked to see Stevie happy on stage. I doubt anyone cares about his precision. It's rock n roll,it's not supposed to be perfect. Besides Marc Canter there's no bigger fan of GNR than Adler. Let him have his moment in the spotlight.  It's the right thing to do. I'm sure Slash and Duff know it and hopefully they can convince Axl as well.

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

On Sunday, February 07, 2016 at 4:03 PM, Eddie Money said:

He is not rehearsing with them but it doesnt mean that he's excluded completely.  Honestly, I haven't heard one way or the other. 

Who of the band members is rehearsing ? Axl ? Izzy ?

On 8.02.2016 at 11:42 PM, Subtle Signs said:

We must have been watching two different shows. I thought Adler was great. GNR isn't Rush. Adler would be fine playing SCOM,Brownstone and PC every night. He deserves to be up there,IMO. Sorum can play on some UYI songs and Frank on the rest. You can't make everyone happy short of a full tour with the AFD 5 and even then I'm sure some would complain. People will be stoked to see Stevie happy on stage. I doubt anyone cares about his precision. It's rock n roll,it's not supposed to be perfect. Besides Marc Canter there's no bigger fan of GNR than Adler. Let him have his moment in the spotlight.  It's the right thing to do. I'm sure Slash and Duff know it and hopefully they can convince Axl as well.

Do they? How come Slash never invited him for his albums or tours? And Duff did once and was sorry very soon... There's no reason to believe that either Slash or Duff will try to convice anyone into engaging Steven Adler...

48 minutes ago, Asia said:

Do they? How come Slash never invited him for his albums or tours? And Duff did once and was sorry very soon... There's no reason to believe that either Slash or Duff will try to convice anyone into engaging Steven Adler...

Adler guests on "Baby Can't Drive" from Slash's eponymous debut.

1 hour ago, Asia said:

Steven was severely fucked up for a long  time. I am sure they all gave up on him.. They still remained friendly though and Steven seems to be doing the best he has in decades. He looked and sounded perfect behind the kit during the HOF show

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Estranged1 said:

Jesus if they are gonna use Frank and Pitman and Fortus they can have Steven fucking Adler.  He can play equal or better than they all play...what does Pitman bring to the table exactly anyway? 

The Pittman thing will baffle me til the end.. So useless.. Adds useless noise to classic songs.. Looks like a moron.. Too many bodies onstage diluting the essence of what Gn'R was.. 

I still highly doubt Pitman will be there. It's too coincidental that he'd complain about management while removing gnr from his bio on the exact same day. If this really is a partnership of any kind, I can't imagine Slash wanting him on board. He's absolutely useless, only dilutes the sound with needless tripe, and looks like a kiddy gobbler. And the benefits of having him live are where, exactly?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

I still highly doubt Pitman will be there. It's too coincidental that he'd complain about management while removing gnr from his bio on the exact same day. If this really is a partnership of any kind, I can't imagine Slash wanting him on board. He's absolutely useless, only dilutes the sound with needless tripe, and looks like a kiddy gobbler. And the benefits of having him live are where, exactly?

I hope you are right. Having him not there makes Frank and Fortus more bearable if they remain.

1 minute ago, Bobbo said:

I didn't know about the recent drama! What did he say about the management? For what it's worth I also don't see the point in him being there - Slash's band sounded fine playing the GN'R stuff and he doesn't even have a keyboard player. In the CD era he made sense but now it's basically a reboot what's he going to do - play the bongos all night?  

3 minutes ago, BassistSeb said:

I didn't know about the recent drama! What did he say about the management? For what it's worth I also don't see the point in him being there - Slash's band sounded fine playing the GN'R stuff and he doesn't even have a keyboard player. In the CD era he made sense but now it's basically a reboot what's he going to do - play the bongos all night?  

It was about three weeks ago. He was having a veiled little bitch fit on Facebook because apparently management told him to stop talking about coachella. Then suddenly, on the same day, he takes gnr out of his Facebook bio. Why else would he do that unless he was out?

Plus Eddie Money, who's a resident insider here, knows who's confirmed in the lineup so far, and Pitman's no where to be found. So if I were a gambling man, I'd say we're Pitman free and you can take your 8 and under crowd with you to the show without fear :lol:

Edited by Bobbo
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, BassistSeb said:

Exactly and Dizzy is perfectly capable of playing the Bongos (when needed).  Or Steven can play the Bongos ;)

On 2016. 02. 07. at 7:37 PM, Subtle Signs said:

As I always say,that talk is mostly from kids who were not around to see him play. Or they parrot the company line of "BUT HE DIDN'T WRITE ANYTHING11!!" Steve deserves to be on that stage. I truly fear for him if he's not involved and I can't imagine Slash and Duff will take that chance.

Steve Adler is a loser junkie

90038359467377299440.png

He didn't write anything

It's amazing that you "oldtimers" can deny the true facts about your teenage idols...

but he will probably been involved on a few songs for a few dates

Edited by Strange Broue

45 minutes ago, cooker said:

And what gift to mankind have you bestowed? Guy may gave his demons, he's still a great drummer. If there is such a thing as a happy ending in GN'R land it's this guy playing with the guys again as GN'R. 

This. Plus, just because he's not a writer doesn't mean he's not a great musician. Being a great songwriter and a great musician aren't the same thing. Look at Floyd - Gilmour's a phenomenal musician but personally on the whole I find his writing not as good as Waters' who isn't as good a musician - hence why they were so great together. 

Ultimately though I don't see Steven playing a full set if he is involved. I imagine it'll be like Mick Taylor's spots on the recent Stones tours. It'll be Matt or Frank doing most of it and it seems it's 99.9% sure it'll be Frank. 

Edited by BassistSeb

4 minutes ago, BassistSeb said:

This. Plus, just because he's not a writer doesn't mean he's not a great musician. Being a great songwriter and a great musician aren't the same thing. L

His drum parts on Appetite and Lies are some of the most recognized and classic in rock.. I was listening to sports radio today and they play the intro to Rocket Queen in between segments. That is all Steven.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

Steve Adler is a loser junkie

90038359467377299440.png

He didn't write anything

It's amazing that you "oldtimers" can deny the true facts about your teenage idols...

but he will probably been involved on a few songs for a few dates

I don't care what or if he wrote anything. I just like his groove and it seems to have played a huge role in their early success and sound. His drumming is just so sleazy... it's perfect.

• Like 1

That's the kind of attitude that gave Glenn Frey and Don Henley their toxic personalities haha (writing credit as the sole measure of a musician's worth)... a truly timeless band can't just start cutting off limbs while retaining the personality that people fell in love with. 

Steven! Steven! Steven! USA! USA! Wait what

Edited by Ant