Rumored Concert Date Thread

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Green Day is already confirmed for BST, so I guess the other 2 would be Blink 182 and Linkin Park or SOAD. 

I don't see GN'R doing more than 2 or 3 festivals, it will be a proper stadium tour. 

Apparently Download accidently posted Green Day headlining and have took it down again. Blink have self linked themselves to the UK Download, so looks a shit line up for Donington too :lol:

4 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Fark, just as I feared, looks as though GN'R for Glasto.. still hope that's not the case. I'd even take Reading/Leeds over Worthy Farm :-/

GN'R for Glasto and not Download? that seems pretty weird. 

I don´t think that GNR  will go to Glasto because the biggest headliner is RadioHead. Also a member post that a concert in München will take place the 13rd of june at the Olympic Stadium. I believe that the full tour will be in stadiums and no festivals except Download UK, but i´m not really sure about that fact

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cachucha said:

I don´t think that GNR  will go to Glasto because the biggest headliner is RadioHead. Also a member post that a concert in München will take place the 13rd of june at the Olympic Stadium. I believe that the full tour will be in stadiums and no festivals except Download UK, but i´m not really sure about that fact

I really hope you're right buddy and that's a good shout on the Radiohead/GN'R headline matchup, but after all RH are on Friday I believe which still leaves Sunday open just like Metallica did a few years back.

Download would still make the most sense from a historical perspective, but does the organiser really have enough cash to get GN'R there?

Also, from last year's DL lineup the France and UK ones share one major headliner like they did with Maiden this year. So I guess that must mean System Of A Down/Blink 182/Linkin Park etc. are gonna be headlining a night at both festivals?

22 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is without thinking of an album though!

I believe they are seeing this as the last gigantic wad of cash they can ever possibly make, and are going to capitalise on it thoroughly, cue, endless subsequent legs. Factor in the fact that Axl basically played aimless hits tours from around 2011 onward with little incentive of releasing albums - you might include 2006 -07 also. This tour will certainly last a very long time, and you can forget about an album for the foreseeable future.

unpopular opinion here, but the way things are progressing right now I'd rather this tour to cycle endlessly with possible AFD 30 with Izzy and Steven and to dig deep cuts from UYI than have a new album... It's the spirit that matters and I highly doubt they can tame a lightning in a bottle this time again...

Your thoughts?

2 hours ago, delilahrose said:

Agreed! Didn't know Blink 182 was still around?

Tom left/was kicked out of the band and Matt Skiba replaced him. 

Their new album is just meh, only liked 2 songs from it, but nothing special. 

Some of their old songs are good like Dammit. 

Dammit was the first song which I learnt on guitar lol 

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

unpopular opinion here, but the way things are progressing right now I'd rather this tour to cycle endlessly with possible AFD 30 with Izzy and Steven and to dig deep cuts from UYI than have a new album... It's the spirit that matters and I highly doubt they can tame a lightning in a bottle this time again...

Your thoughts?

Nobody expects another AFD from them. We all know that's not gonna happen again (especially not without Izzy), but IMO they can make an album of UYI quality, which would still be pretty good. Hearing UYI deep cuts is certainly a nice proposition, but personally I'll take brand new songs over that anyday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, slash97 said:

Nobody expects another AFD from them. We all know that's not gonna happen again (especially not without Izzy), but IMO they can make an album of UYI quality, which would still be pretty good. Hearing UYI deep cuts is certainly a nice proposition, but personally I'll take brand new songs over that anyday.

another unpopular opinion and even though it's pretty hard to replicate UYI, it would be great in they did something like Libertad..always preferred that one over Contraband..

Until december I don´t think that they will announce anything. And If the date of the 13rd of June in München is true. I believe that the tour is going to start in Lisbon in the last days of May. Then, they will go to Spain (Madrid, Barcelona), after that they will go to Lyon and then to Zurich for be the 13rd in München. 

And I don´t think with this date that GNR will go to Download UK.

Edited by cachucha

10 minutes ago, cachucha said:

Until december I don´t think that they will announce anything. And If the date of the 13rd of June in München is true. I believe that the tour is going to start in Lisbon in the last days of May. Then, they will go to Spain (Madrid, Barcelona), after that they will go to Marseille and then to Zurich for be the 13rd in München. 

And I don´t think with this date that GNR will go to Download UK.

Like DC start in Liiiiiiiiiiiisbon