*Not So* Dark Side of GN'R?

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You titled this the dark side of GnR.  What about it is dark as far as GnR is concerned?

The idea that a semi concious woman and her friend were putting on a live minge munch under their auspices?

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

The idea that a semi concious woman and her friend were putting on a live minge munch under their auspices?

I didn't see anything about someone holding a gun to their head or otherwise forcing them to do it.  Did I miss something?

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

I didn't see anything about someone holding a gun to their head or otherwise forcing them to do it.  Did I miss something?

Well one is not best disposed to offer consent when they are semi concious, are they? 

2 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I'm titled this based on Someone hashtag on tumblr about this. At least it makes some People open this thread 

True....but I'm still missing the relevance that all this is "dark" especially given the insinuation that it's dark bc it's GnR.  

All that is quoted was fairly standard for most any band from LA at that time frame, and probably other bands as well, so I guess im missing the point other than Faith No More and their perpetual jealousy fueled axe to grind.

• Like 1

That's pretty much nothing compared to the stories from the early Marilyn Manson / Nine Inch Nails tours.

Those guys were completely nuts for a while. You should read "The Long Hard Road Out of Hell", Manson's autobiography up til the Antichrist Superstar release.

Just now, tsinindy said:

Then the one girl should press charges against the other right?

You asked me what could possibly be considered dark about it, giving the impression that you didnt understand why someone might make that association and i just explained, why one or the other party didn't press charges is anybodys guess, alls I'm doing here is clarifying a point that you seemed to be struggling with.

9 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

You asked me what could possibly be considered dark about it, giving the impression that you didnt understand why someone might make that association and i just explained, why one or the other party didn't press charges is anybodys guess, alls I'm doing here is clarifying a point that you seemed to be struggling with.

I didn't actually ask you......

and I said how is it dark for "GnR".  Im fairly certain I understand the implication and have just pointed out the reasons why that is ridiculous.

Back when this happened no one would blink an eye towards GnR...but nowadays everyone looks to point the fingers at those other than who is ultimately responsible.  There is no accountability any longer.  Every one of those girls at those shows who lifted their tops and showed their tits...THEY did that.  No one else did, unless someone physically raised their clothing, they are responsible for their own actions, not anyone else.

Edited by tsinindy

1 minute ago, AslatIE said:

At first when I saw the thread title, I thought that this would be some weird Pink Floyd/GN'R mashup :lol:

9 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Was hoping this thread meant they'd be covering DSOTM next tour.

Well Someone could make a mashup of Their songs or You could post DSOTM on Their soc med N' write "Hope Yould cover one of the songs on this album", Hoping They would see it...

14 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I didn't actually ask you......

and I said how is it dark for "GnR".  Im fairly certain I understand the implication and have just pointed out the reasons why that is ridiculous.

Back when this happened no one would blink an eye towards GnR...but nowadays everyone looks to point the fingers at those other than who is ultimately responsible.  There is no accountability any longer.  Every one of those girls at those shows who lifted their tops and showed their tits...THEY did that.  No one else did, unless someone physically raised their clothing, they are responsible for their own actions, not anyone else.

Alright you didnt ask me but you asked, on a public forum and i replied.  Yknow what i think? I think you're so blinded by the fact that GnR made songs you like that you're being deliberately obtuse and ignoring the obvious.

If you walked into a room and a crowd of people was gathered around filming in silence whilst one of your loved ones was getting sucked off in a semi concious state would your immediate response be 'well i dont see no one putting a gun to their head!'

I'm not judging, as i said previously, I'm a big boy and I'm aware of what goes on with rock bands especially of a certain era...but this phoney bewilderment, this excusing of things that in the normal run of things would be anathema to you is very poor form.

If you wanna love GnR then love em, Lord knows i love some musicians who've done some pretty awful things...but love em for what they are eh, dont try and adjust morality because of what amounts to songs basically.  

9 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Alright you didnt ask me but you asked, on a public forum and i replied.  Yknow what i think? I think you're so blinded by the fact that GnR made songs you like that you're being deliberately obtuse and ignoring the obvious.

If you walked into a room and a crowd of people was gathered around filming in silence whilst one of your loved ones was getting sucked off in a semi concious state would your immediate response be 'well i dont see no one putting a gun to their head!'

I'm not judging, as i said previously, I'm a big boy and I'm aware of what goes on with rock bands especially of a certain era...but this phoney bewilderment, this excusing of things that in the normal run of things would be anathema to you is very poor form.

If you wanna love GnR then love em, Lord knows i love some musicians who've done some pretty awful things...but love em for what they are eh, dont try and adjust morality because of what amounts to songs basically.  

You've completely missed the point.   This is/was a societal issue, not a GnR issue and that there is a lack of accountabily in some of this.   All the stuff that was noted in the original post unfortunately happens in a lot of places...not just at Rock concerts.

ever go to a frat party?  Ever go to the Snake Pit at Indy (the true snake pit, not the commercial version there is now)?

ever been in a back room at a strip club?

i can go on and on and on.

you said it yourself, it happens in lots of places.  My point all along is these types of things are not GnR specific.

Edited by tsinindy

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You've completely missed the point.   This is/was a societal issue, not a GnR issue and that there is a lack of accountabily in some of this.   All the stuff that was noted in the original post unfortunately happens in a lot of places...not just at Rock concerts.

ever go to a frat party?  Ever go to the Snake Pit at Indy (the true snake pit, not the commercial version there is now)?

ever been in a back room at a strip club?

i can go on and on and on.

you said it yourself, it happens in lots of places.  My point all along is these types of things are not GnR specific.

And that makes it alright?  At first its like you couldnt see what was wrong and now you can its like 'well a lot worse happens at sea!', it seems like everythings a valid answer except 'OK, thats kinda fucked up'.  

Listen, im a Jerry Lee Lewis fan and he banged a 13 yr old, as did Iggy Pop, as well as all kinds of debauchery...but i dont struggle to say 'thats pretty fucked up' when its called for and the insinuations that victims are somehow culpable is kinda fucked up too.

15 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

And that makes it alright?  At first its like you couldnt see what was wrong and now you can its like 'well a lot worse happens at sea!', it seems like everythings a valid answer except 'OK, thats kinda fucked up'.  

Listen, im a Jerry Lee Lewis fan and he banged a 13 yr old, as did Iggy Pop, as well as all kinds of debauchery...but i dont struggle to say 'thats pretty fucked up' when its called for and the insinuations that victims are somehow culpable is kinda fucked up too.

Do you have a reading problem?  I never said its alright (or not).  I said it shouldn't reflect directly on GnR. Let it go.

The difference, since you can't clearly see it, is Jerry Lee Lewis actually did that, he's accountable for what he actually did.  You need to re-read the original account we are directly discussing and try to follow this specific conversation.

Edited by tsinindy

I made the mistake of reading the Aerosmith book, god that 16 year old girl who Steven Tyler got pregnant then pushed her into having an abortion at nearly 6months pregnant made me feel ill. I wish I hadn't read it sometimes cos I still like Aerosmith music.

I love listening to The Rolling Stone but fucking hell some of the things they've done!! 

Also I read a book about The Doors, crazy just crazy!! 

Ive not stopped listening to them though. Nearly every single one of my music icons are serious lunatics. 

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I made the mistake of reading the Aerosmith book, god that 16 year old girl who Steven Tyler got pregnant then pushed her into having an abortion at nearly 6months pregnant made me feel ill. I wish I hadn't read it sometimes cos I still like Aerosmith music.

I love listening to The Rolling Stone but fucking hell some of the things they've done!! 

Also I read a book about The Doors, crazy just crazy!! 

Ive not stopped listening to them though. Nearly every single one of my music icons are serious lunatics. 

I am just reading Keef's book, he says that Marianne Faithfull and mars story is bullshit. Though, I don't know......:D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yes she does. It's more playful than anything from the crowds perspective. If you can't handle that rock concerts aren't the place for you

Man...having been at a show where this occurred for well over 45 minutes (Hoosier Dome in 1992), I would agree it is playful when the girls got booed.  Some even egged it on by teasing they would flash, then not do it etc.

but to explain this to someone who wasn't in the environment to know the feeling and vibe is difficult.