Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

29 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Not one of my favorites either other than the colors he used.

I don't mind the lack of the logo cause every poster DOES have the word GUNS N ROSES on them somewhere. 

Aman...did you like any of the non-Buhler designs?

Having the word "guns n roses" isn't the same for me :wacko: Just slapping it on the design like a banner takes no creativity. But incorporating the GnR bullet logo into the design somehow takes creativity. For example, one of the reasons the Osaka litho grew on me a lot was because I noticed the flaming heart of the skeleton is the GnR logo.

There are many designs I like buuuut, I'll be honest I'm not sure which ones are non-Buhler. I thought it was safe to assume that all his designs go up on his Instagram page and that I could just conclude that anything not on his page was non-Buhler. But as a friend pointed out, he never put the Singapore merlion on his Instagram (for whatever reason), so I gave up trying to figure out which ones were non-Buhler. It's probably safe to say however that a large percentage of the ones I like are Buhler designs.

The ones I like are: Cincinnati, Foxboro, New Orleans, LA Skater, LA BMX, San Diego Surfer, Osaka, Kobe, Wellington, Melbourne Valentine/Tasmanian Tiger and Bangkok Demon.

7 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

hmm... it's not bad. not great though.

not a must-have for me but i'm sure some will like it. seems to suffer from the same problem as the singapore design for me - no GnR logo.

for me, no logo just makes it feel like it could almost be a tourism campaign poster. scrub out guns n roses and replace it with "VISIT DUBAI!"

I agree with you totally. The lithos need either a strong GNR logo or GNR related imagery. Otherwise it doesn't resonate with me.  This is a beautiful litho, though.

Interesting that they keep going back to a small pool of artists for these designs and some of them are still unknown. Example is the artist who did the Foxboro lithograph designs obviously did the Wellington and Singapore art as well. They are all signed with the same distinct "X" and the Wellington and Foxboro lithos have a similar banner design.

The only known artists so far are Arian Buhler, Sara Ray, and the Hatch Print litho for Nashville. The popularity of some of these designs has surely brought traffic to Buhler's and Sara's social media accounts and provides exposure for their other artwork.  I am not sure why the artists wouldn't wish to promote their work.

15 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

The San Diego Rocket Queen, the second Chicago mobster skeleton, and the Boston double picture ones

oh is that meant to be Rocket Queen? I've heard it referred to as San Diego Mermaid and even simply as "Tattoo Girl"

Chicago mobster does nothing for me but Foxboro is nice, especially when you compare it to the original that it is a parody of. I think someone posted a pic of the original painting but I couldn't find it when I looked for it.

Kinda shockingly disappointing to think the guy who did the Foxboro obviously was the same guy that did the Auckland Kiwi, which looks simply awful.

9 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

oh is that meant to be Rocket Queen? I've heard it referred to as San Diego Mermaid and even simply as "Tattoo Girl"

Chicago mobster does nothing for me but Foxboro is nice, especially when you compare it to the original that it is a parody of. I think someone posted a pic of the original painting but I couldn't find it when I looked for it.

Kinda shockingly disappointing to think the guy who did the Foxboro obviously was the same guy that did the Auckland Kiwi, which looks simply awful.

The artist even refers to it as "Rocket Queen" and I agree with ZoSoRose as it is one of my favorite designs. I am not sure why someone would refer to it as the San Diego mermaid or why a mermaid might take up smoking.

Some  really cool designs, but there have been some misses. I would love to see the original painting the Foxboro lithos were based off of if you could find the link.

30 minutes ago, Dacatzass said:

The artist even refers to it as "Rocket Queen" and I agree with ZoSoRose as it is one of my favorite designs. I am not sure why someone would refer to it as the San Diego mermaid or why a mermaid might take up smoking.

Some  really cool designs, but there have been some misses. I would love to see the original painting the Foxboro lithos were based off of if you could find the link.

couldn't find the link in the forum but a little searching and i found the painting via google

BattleofLongisland.jpg

in comparison:

Together.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

How do people ship them? Inside a tube?

I've gotten 7 of them shipped to me so far and all have been in poster tubes. Luckily they've all been in really great condition. No folds or tears. The quality of the poster stock is really good. The  New Orleans one is definitely a different type of paper I'm sure because it glows in the dark. But even that one shipped really well.

• Like 1

A bit late to the party but thought Id put up the posters from Perth Western Australia.

There were two available, the spider version has the city of Perth skyline in it and has metallic red writing and borders which don't show well in the photos.  These were lettered out of 100.

The second bunyip version had no numbering but was the same print paper material.

Good show and great posters.  Sorry about orientation of the photos, Mac issue!

Regards 

20170302_220804_zpsezcws2oc.jpg

20170302_220817_zpsvotid4fg.jpg

20170302_220826_zpscr1ykgae.jpg

20170302_220846_zps0tasafup.jpg

• Like 3

Not many good images surfacing of the Elephant print Tshirt that Slash wore at the Bangkok gig. 
So after a bit of Photoshopping of the few images available online of the Bangkok Elephant print, this is the best i can come up with without wasting hours on it... Nowhere near perfect, but good enough to get printed on a Tshirt for sure....

Elephant-Final_zpsjrxlp0ft.png

Edited by Noeski
  • Like 1