South America tour Officially announced

Just now, Kearnsy said:

Foro Sol. Its a baseball stadium much bigger

Yeah sorry, I got confused cause I had been Palacio De Los Deportes before in Spain, its an Arena in Madrid, so I got confused with the name and thought GNR played there before in Mexico.

But yeah it was Foro Sol. 

47 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

how much did it take you to understand what I initially had in mind? That;s why I said they could have played a larger venue like 40k instead of two of these with 20k...

Maybe they are gearing up for a mini arena tour betweem South America the the new year.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Are these shows not sold out?

Here in Argentina, I think the 1st Buenos Aires show (11/4) is the only one sold out. I imagine there's gonna be a lot of people at the 3 shows, though.

Not sure about other countries but I believe Chile is almost sold out.

On a different note, I read that the stage in Peru is gonna be the biggest stage ever used in the country and the technical requirements from the band are huge to guarantee a great show. They said pretty much every good quality speaker there is in Lima will be in the stadium that day. Here's the article (in spanish) for those interested. http://elcomercio.pe/luces/musica/guns-n-roses-escenario-mas-grande-hecho-peru-noticia-1939151?ref=flujo_tags_128088&ft=nota_1&e=titulo

• Like 1

I see that in Chile there are only two sectors available.

In Rosario for mi the sale is not good though there will be good attendance. The 2nd River, I think many people (Maybe not so fan) take the tickets near the date.

For me the show Rosario is more, sorry for the people there. It is also not far from Buenos Aires Rosario, to come. But in other places they want recitals but not sold out. Maiden 20k people in Cordoba were nothing more.

Edited by lucasnesposito

12 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Chile ALMOST sold out? how? I remember info saying 40k tickets sold in one day... and how come Argentinians arent that mad about GNR they sold out the second BA and Rosario shows?

This is Chile now: http://www.puntoticket.com/guns-n-roses-chile-2016

Tickets are really expensive. Many friends of mine who aren't big fans bougth tickets for the 1st announced date in Argentina, that's what most casuals did and so that show was sold out in less than a week. But casuals are not going to attend more than one show and with these prices, many big fans won't be able either.

I don't think people is as crazy about GNR as you think over here. There's just a good amount of people who will go to any show by a big band they can and so they were going to Axl's gigs under the GNR name or AC/DC, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, etc.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

This is Chile now: http://www.puntoticket.com/guns-n-roses-chile-2016

Tickets are really expensive. Many friends of mine who aren't big fans bougth tickets for the 1st announced date in Argentina, that's what most casuals did and so that show was sold out in less than a week. But casuals are not going to attend more than one show and with these prices, many big fans won't be able either.

I don't think people is as crazy about GNR as you think over here. There's just a good amount of people who will go to any show by a big band they can and so they were going to Axl's gigs under the GNR name or AC/DC, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, etc.

I understand what you re saying but I always thought ARgentinian and Brazilian fans were the most crazy about GnR that anything other... EVen when its REUNION now after all these years for people who couldnt see the original band... I mean how could GNR sell out river plate twice in 90's day after day...

Or are tickets really THAT expensive?

20 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I understand what you re saying but I always thought ARgentinian and Brazilian fans were the most crazy about GnR that anything other... EVen when its REUNION now after all these years for people who couldnt see the original band... I mean how could GNR sell out river plate twice in 90's day after day...

I think GNR was WAY bigger back then. Many rock/metal fans loved them and they also were the Justin Bieber/One Direction of the time, the band every teenager loved.

GNR was the biggest band in the world in the early 90's. If they want to get somehow close to that again, they need to come back with new music, like Aerosmith did in the late 80's/early 90's.

Ps: I promise the shows will be crazy, though. We're a bunch of passionate fuckers!

Edited by BorderlineCrazy

53 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

The world has changed, music has changed, in 90's Rock N' Roll and even Heavy Metal were hot as hell, bands like Guns N' Roses could easily be a problem to artists like Micahel Jackson and Madonna in terms of week sales and MTV plays... Today, as big as Guns N' Roses still are, Rock N' Roll is pretty much dead, I don't think they'll be that big again or that we'll ever see a new band to get so big. They were really the last one. 

• Like 1