My Reunion with Dizzy Reed, 27 Years Later - Article/Interview by LA Weekly

Was very lucky to have met Dizzy in 1991 during the Use Your Illusion tour.  I was only 16 at the time and very nervous and he was super down to earth and went out of his way to talk to me.  I never forgot that.  Thanks Dizzy Reed for not ruining me at a young age! :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

“You’re always trying to prove yourself. I wanted to add to the music — even if that meant not playing on a song. I take what I do very seriously and over time, everyone saw that, from the crew to the producers.”

I have respect for this. I feel like Pitman's version would be something like "I do improve everything. I put my shit everywhere and everyone loves it."

If Dizzy could speak candidly he would be great to interview. It would be interesting to see him interviewed next to Axl or the others.

I wanna see Dizzy interviewed with Slash 

10 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

First question should be something like "you've said a couple of times that the new lineup was better than the original. Doesn't it suck having Slash and Duff back?" :lol:

Eh Slash and Duff were certain their new projects would be better, Axl was certain gnr would be better without slash and duff. We all make mistakes :P 

• Like 1

Not sure what to think of Dizzy... Seemed like a great guy during UYI tour... then his crazy adherence to Axl and nuGnR and calling it the best lineup thus far... then reunion.. his relationship with Slash and Duff equals zero... I don't know..pretty indifferent...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

Not sure what to think of Dizzy... Seemed like a great guy during UYI tour... then his crazy adherence to Axl and nuGnR and calling it the best lineup thus far... then reunion.. his relationship with Slash and Duff equals zero... I don't know..pretty indifferent...

I agree completely only I have an opinion of him.

20 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

“You’re always trying to prove yourself. I wanted to add to the music — even if that meant not playing on a song. I take what I do very seriously and over time, everyone saw that, from the crew to the producers.”

I have respect for this. I feel like Pitman's version would be something like "I do improve everything. I put my shit everywhere and everyone loves it."

If Dizzy could speak candidly he would be great to interview. It would be interesting to see him interviewed next to Axl or the others.

He could have not played piano on Pretty Tied Up (I think the song woukd be better with out him), among others

It's funny how Slash and Duff hate his guts. I mean they even reconciled with TB and Del James and it seems that Dizzy they still cannot stand. The guy always looked sleezy and I never liked him, apparently there must be something to it, judging by the behaviour of those two.

"We just said Hey and started playing" Looks like they dodn't even share a civil "good to see you":hahafyou:

6 hours ago, Asia said:

It's funny how Slash and Duff hate his guts. I mean they even reconciled with TB and Del James and it seems that Dizzy they still cannot stand. The guy always looked sleezy and I never liked him, apparently there must be something to it, judging by the behaviour of those two.

"We just said Hey and started playing" Looks like they dodn't even share a civil "good to see you":hahafyou:

Alternative view: Slash (and possibly Duff) were little bitches to Dizzy when he first joined because they couldn't man up and confront Axl about bringing a keyboarder that they didn't want into the band. Since they couldn't stand up to Axl they tucked their tails and turned around and took out their impotent frustration on Dizzy.

While that is now ancient history and every single person who was involved in the band has likely matured greatly (and possibly even got over it back then), maybe Dizzy figures they see each other enough every day of the week he just doesn't feel like being BFFs with them and they spend enough time doing non-work related things with each other.

I think we are both pretty good at grasping at straws and making wild assumptions!

As an aside: Dizzy really is a non-entity (which is probably a good thing since Guns has enough big personalities). He doesn't seem to come up much at all. And Slash is actually the one who has mentioned him the most over the years. (not that is saying much since Dizzy has only been mentioned about a dozen times in total.) He is like a master of fading out of sight.

Edited by sanity_lost
  • Like 1

Holy fuckin' shit!  I just heard that HnB Elton cover...hell yeah!  I want to itune that  muthafuka...why dizzy why?  This tune needs to be in the gunz set tonight.  It really should be.  Pretty tied up should be slipped into the mix also...Dizzy Reed, you own it, we love your rock n roll!  Back on topic...