06/17/17 - London, GB - London Stadium *2nd Night

alfierose

Damn they sure sound quite good, and can fill up stadiums all over the world, what a legacy they have, they were the king from 1987 to 1993. But some of them knew, that the show in Buenos aires in 1993, was going to be the last :-( How the mighty fall. egos, drugs, alcohol. But while it lasted it was a damn great time..

2 minutes ago, Aaron_H said:

Thank god. I hate that song. Happy that they played Rosie and Don't Cry tonight - out of the options, those are the ones I'd rather have.

Just back from the gig. Awesome night - I think everyone played really well tonight - Axl seemed quite happy and into it too.

Sorry to anyone I said I'd meet up with but didn't end up doing. I'm a disaster. Had quite a busy day though! 

Yes remove Seeker for good, and give us Dead Horse, Perfect Crime, I used to love her.

1 hour ago, Heff said:

Well that was fucking awesome!  Better than I expected.   I thought Axl sounded great throughout.  

Only negative for me was the crowd.  I haven't been to a big stadium concert for a few years now.  I was about 10 feet from the front and seemed to be surrounded by numpties who didn't know any of the songs except WTJ and SCOM and spent the whole time filming on their phones instead of enjoying themselves.  There was even people with selfie sticks FFS!  

They better don't do that next to me, I tend to knock people aside if they are too close, might harm their phones... ;)

Can I say that we are 8 or whatever shows in and Axl's voice isn't improving...or are we still thinking this is a conscious effort to preserve it for the rest of the tour? 

I'm just looking for a consensus of how everyone feels, i don't think he sounds good based on YouTube videos but maybe it's still one of those odd things where being there and hearing him he sounds great and the YouTube videos are way off

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Can I say that we are 8 or whatever shows in and Axl's voice isn't improving...or are we still thinking this is a conscious effort to preserve it for the rest of the tour? 

I'm just looking for a consensus of how everyone feels, i don't think he sounds good based on YouTube videos but maybe it's still one of those odd things where being there and hearing him he sounds great and the YouTube videos are way off

I think he sounded pretty good both nights. A bit off here and there, but give the man a break, he's getting old :) 

14 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Back home now :) great gig! I loved it in the GC , l'm only doing GC tickets from now on, it was worth the money.

Got in just as the pistols were firing [perfect timing] i was Slash's side and about 4 rows from the rail. It was amazing. Axl sounded really good [i was surprised] 

I filmed some bits on my phone and played them going home and Axl sounded like Mickey! How does that even happen??

Axl seemed happier tonight, very smiley. Slash was an absolute god :headbang: and Duff was striding around the stage being cool as ever 

Slash wore a denim sleeveless jacket like the old days and was an all round sex god. Axl said something about Slash being British which got a big cheer and they both laughed.

Night 2 was better than night 1 for me but both nights rocked my world.:)

ps Slash IS a god :P

I'm not even sure what to say about Axl's voice that hasn't already been said...however if you enjoyed the show and he sounded good in the stadium then that's all that matters now. 

24 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Angus would have fired Axl if he sang like this 

I know Whole Lotta Rosie is one of the best song they have to play, but at this point, Axl sounds so lame with Mickey. I see a band that is plain as day going through the motions.

Well what to say just got back.....So pleasantly surprised, at points it was like standing there in 1992.... Took my best friend and he now is a converted gnr fan.....

For me the highlight was Estranged, the whole crowd sang it....Knockin' was amazing. Don't cry and Rain just seeing all the phones lights was just amazing..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@WindsorBoy147 Did you record any on your phone? I did and Axl turned Mickey. He was great tonight in person yet shitty on my phone.

I don't know which format your video has. But mp4 isn't suitable for live recordings because of the low quality

12 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I know Whole Lotta Rosie is one of the best song they have to play, but at this point, Axl sounds so lame with Mickey. I see a band that is plain as day going through the motions.

Definitely plenty of Mickey tonight, didn't notice it last night but that could be the beer.  They seemed bang up for Friday a little less so today, if I hadn't have seen Friday I'd think it was still a good performance but it just didn't hit those heights for me 

Rosie vocals were by far the worst over the two nights