06/17/17 - London, GB - London Stadium *2nd Night

alfierose

Don't Cry should be played every single night. There's no excuse for this. DC has nearly 200 million more views than Patience on youtube and it was a bigger hit.

Also, it was the first Guns N' Roses song written. Come on. It totally deserves a permanent spot on the setlist.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Don't Cry should be played every single night. There's no excuse for this. DC has nearly 200 million more views than Patience on youtube and it was a bigger hit.

Also, it was the first Guns N' Roses song written. Come on. It totally deserves a permanent spot on the setlist.

Talk to me softly
There's something in your eyes
Don't hang your head in sorrow
And please don't cry
I know how you feel inside I've
I've been there before
Something's changin' inside you
And don't you know

Don't you cry tonight
I still love you baby
Don't you cry tonight
Don't you cry tonight
There's a heaven above you baby
And don't you cry tonigh

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Axl said in a 2002 rant that it's "an Izzy song", so take that for what it's worth

i've just listened to some live streams over Instagram and i'm glad that i saw GN'R last year in San Diego.

I usually don't complain about Axl's voice but he better do some work with a vocal coach. Many times during a show he sounds so "airy" (is that even a Word?) and thin. out of breath. I have no problems with his Clean voice as long as it's powerfull and not "Mickey" kind of tone. Anyway i hope he'll do a great show in Stockholm next week! I bet i'm gonna have a great time either way but a Little more rasp and Power wouldn't hurt. Maybe it's time to do a shorter show, if his voice have trouble giving 100% for almost 3 hours.

3 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Whatever :) It wouldn't make sense for the band to play Get In The Ring again anyway, mostly because of the lyrics.

I hear you, they'd have to re-adjust the "...And in this corner, weighing in at 850 pounds; guns n' roses!" line by at least a couple hundred pounds. :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Original said:

This site and the reviews LOL.  Talk about bi-polar.  Loved my Vegas shows last year and can't wait for my show this summer.  Gonna kick ass again!   

Having attended both nights in Vegas and both nights in London, I can state that there is a HUGE difference in quality of performance by Axl. Could be because he was chair bound and thus not out of breath. But given his AC/DC stint, I believe he's just not giving it his all. 

20 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Everybody who goes to the show says his singing is excellent yet every clip demonstrates that he cannot sing to save his life. What is happening here? Paranormal activity? Conspiracy theory?

I went to the San Diego show last year and can confirm that Axl does indeed sound great in the mix. I was shocked - no Mickey. 

28 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Everybody who goes to the show says his singing is excellent yet every clip demonstrates that he cannot sing to save his life. What is happening here? Paranormal activity? Conspiracy theory?

How can you judge if you haven't experienced the other side, troll?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What, you require my opinion on whether or not he is raspy or not haha?

What? No, I am saying you can't fucking judge it if you haven't seen it live and experienced how it sounds live. But it's just too fucking cool to sit behind your laptop and play the "I'm too cool for this shit" role.

Edited by xBrownstonex

Just now, xBrownstonex said:

What? No, I am saying you can't fucking judge it if you haven't seen it live and experienced how it sounds live. But it's just too fucking cool to sit behind you laptop and play the "I'm too cool for this shit" role.

Well as I said, everybody going to the shows says he sounds great so this is a bit of a straw man argument.

1 minute ago, xBrownstonex said:

Exactly. So you might think that there could be some truth to that.

I'm not the greatest person to be having this conversation with being that I basically don't care, but what I will say is Rose sounded terrific with the acca dacca - judging from the boots.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not the greatest person to be having this conversation with being that I basically don't care, but what I will say is Rose sounded terrific with the acca dacca - judging from the boots.

You care enough to waste your time debating it on this forum over and over again, which leads me to think that your life obviously hasn't much else to offer

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I've been to a couple of shows and I can tell you that this Axl is by no means the 92 Axl. But he is not the 2012 Axl either. He is somewhere in the middle. He struggles in songs like RQ, YCBM or SCOM

28 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

if this terrible 90's camera can find the rasp then surely the 4K cell phone recorders can find it! 

Calm down, man! If the people who paid the ticket and were in the stadium are reporting that they didn´t had a bad show and that they  enjoyed why you who is seeing everything for free through the internet is hysterical? Axl may have had a bad day, who knows? Why crucify the guy so vehemently? The guy was doing well until the past shows (I still haven´t seen many videos from this last show to draw my conclusions, I'm just basing myself on your hysteria). You can be sure that there will be shows where he will not sound good, the amount of concerts is insane and there is no way to change the vocal chords as if changing the strings of a guitar. Don´t need to freak out because of this, wait for your show, if at all you go to some. The impression it gives is that you were anxiously waiting for an unbelief to be able to release your demons. Take a breath!:lol:

• Like 1

I have to stick up for DieselDaisy here. You don't get the right to give an opinion if you've only attended the shows. The video comparison of AC/DC and GNR says it all. Having attended the 2010 tour twice, the Vegas shows and AC/DC, I can say I've seen tremendous performances by Axl. And age is no excuse because there were 6 years between the said performances and the last one was just over a year ago. Personally, I think he feels he has less to prove. 2010 he was pissed off over the Chinese democracy debacle and it was supposedly going to be his last tour. Before the Vegas shows, he had to rehearse with AC/DC (a true godsend) and of course the excitement for the reunion and a huge tour following it meant he had to prove he still has it. AC/DC he had to win over everybody. Now, Fast forward a year, tickets have been sold and he'll give enough to get by. It's a shame it's hit and miss, but there you go.

• Like 4