GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO THEATER IN NYC, JULY 20TH

34 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

If I were you guys I'd stop getting your hopes up for anything besides the standard show in a small, historic venue.

Maaaaaaaaaaaybe they do full, sequential Appetite, but more than likely it'll be the same show. 

i don't think anyone is getting their hopes up beyond realistic expectations.  I'm going and couldn't be more excited.  I am expecting a condensed version of the normal set list.  Fine by me.

that said, I don't think it's ludicrous to at least wonder if there are some surprises in store.  Guest appearances, whether they be other musicians or former bandmates.  Something special for AFD, whether that be additional tracks or the album in sequence.  This is not a run of the mill show.  but if I leave there and just get a 2 hour version of the 3 hour show, I'll still leave knowing I just saw my favorite band, mostly reunited in a show that I probably had no business getting into.

• Like 1

Where are people seeing seated by 8:30? I'm going to the show as well (super fucking lucky) but all I got was that 8PM check in time. That was it. No time it may go till or time to be seated. I ask because while I plan to get there around 7:15/7:30, I have a friend going to the show who's taking a 3 o clock train from DC. I'm guessing he won't get to the city till 7:30, then he has to make his way all the way up to Harlem. I'm expecting he gets there around 8:15 and thats if he makes it at 7:30 with no traffic. I'm already concerned about his not being there by 8, which seems like there's no way around, but the extra 8:30 seating would get me really nervous.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

As for the show I couldn't be more excited. Its a miracle I'm in and I'm expecting nothing special. I'm basically expecting Troubadour length and a condensed version of the standard setlist. All the biggest hits which amounts to about an hour and a half to 2 hours. I don't think it'll be the Troubadour set, because I think stuff like November Rain and maybe Estranged will get played which if I remember were not played at the Troubadour. I expect the set to be 15 songs. Pick the 10 or so obvious ones that have to be played from any setlist this tour then add in about 5 that you assume probably will. Anything more and I'll be ecstatic, anything less and I'm still seeing Axl Slash and Duff in a small ass theater filled with an audience of celebrities. Consider me thrilled even if they play 5 songs.

HOLY SHIT

DUDE, I am so happy for you!!! If anyone deserves it, its you! How'd you get tickets? I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

As for the show I couldn't be more excited. Its a miracle I'm in and I'm expecting nothing special. I'm basically expecting Troubadour length and a condensed version of the standard setlist. All the biggest hits which amounts to about an hour and a half to 2 hours. I don't think it'll be the Troubadour set, because I think stuff like November Rain and maybe Estranged will get played which if I remember were not played at the Troubadour. I expect the set to be 15 songs. Pick the 10 or so obvious ones that have to be played from any setlist this tour then add in about 5 that you assume probably will. Anything more and I'll be ecstatic, anything less and I'm still seeing Axl Slash and Duff in a small ass theater filled with an audience of celebrities. Consider me thrilled even if they play 5 songs.

Make sure to make a video of you singing along to the whole set.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Where are people seeing seated by 8:30? 

The second email Sirius sent, to confirm if you were still attending, had all the times.  

Date: Thursday, July 20, 2017
Check-in: 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Please do not arrive at the venue later than 8:00 PM.
Time: 9:00 PM - 12:30 AM approx.

We ask that everyone is seated in the theater no later than 8:30 pm because this event will be broadcast LIVE on SiriusXM. There will be no admission after the doors have closed. Please be sure you arrive at the theater during the designated check-in time (7:00 pm – 8:00 pm) to ensure an on-time entry into the theater, or your tickets will be voided.

Just now, steelers8682 said:

The second email Sirius sent, to confirm if you were still attending, had all the times.  

Date: Thursday, July 20, 2017
Check-in: 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Please do not arrive at the venue later than 8:00 PM.
Time: 9:00 PM - 12:30 AM approx.

We ask that everyone is seated in the theater no later than 8:30 pm because this event will be broadcast LIVE on SiriusXM. There will be no admission after the doors have closed. Please be sure you arrive at the theater during the designated check-in time (7:00 pm – 8:00 pm) to ensure an on-time entry into the theater, or your tickets will be voided.

Hmm, I don't seem to have that. I have the initial email that says check in no earlier than 8 (they stress that), which I responded to but nothing other than a "thanks" was what I got back and nothing else.

11 minutes ago, steelers8682 said:

It seems like, depending on the preassigned seating, maybe checkin times are different to try and streamline it.  That way, not everyone is getting there at the same time.

Still wondering where the info on the opening act was heard...

That does makes sense, but also wouldn't really explain why I haven't heard about the 8:30 seat time. I'll be there anyway by that point, but I should get a thing that says till midnight or whatever it was if other people are getting that. 

As for the ticket distribution, I was pissed too because I knew it'll be like 10 fans that get in and the rest celebrities. I still think it was unfair, although because I did actually get in it does mean everyone had a chance, which to Sirius' credit I said was not the case. And obviously it was, but just if you had all the time in the world on your hands and knew when to call in. I still think it should be a theater of 1500 of the most dedicated fans, but I can't actually say "no one had a shot" like I was last week anymore. Its still mostly true, but both giveaways I heard made you work for them, which I thought was smart and fair and attempt to get real fans in. I didn't hear that when Bruce Springsteen or Metallica played there.

21 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Haha thanks man, I really appreciate. I got insanely fucking lucky. I talked myself into saying "i'm going" for like a month, knowing full well I was joking. I was monitoring the giveaway chances I heard about on Sirius and lost on Eddie Trunk's last Tuesday but got lucky enough to be one of the contestants on Friday morning during their "quiz giveaway" and was just lucky enough to win! Easy quiz but it got close and I won by a point. I was thrilled and it was also my birthday on the 11th so I consider this a late birthday gift to myself!

There's so many here I wish could go as well. It should be a fan thing since people like you and many others are all as hardcore if not more than me. I had to reup my Sirius subscription this month and basically held them hostage on the phone saying "I will not renew unless I get GNR tickets!!" :lol: As if they had anything to do with it or were actually able to help me (they weren't).

Either way I'm thrilled and OmarBradley's going with me too (no way he couldn't be my guest) and I expect we'll have an awesome time. Now the goal is to find Duff or Slash on the street and beg for Perfect Crime or Slither!!!

Psyched for you two! Have a blast (and @OmarBradley)

• Like 1

For what its worth I just called the Apollo, and maybe they know nothing but what they said to me was doors at 8, and show to start at 9/9:15. As far as they know they know nothing about an opening act and expect the show to last 2 hours. Again, maybe thats nothing but I called asking if they knew anything about the 8:30 seating time and this is what they were able to provide me.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Haha thanks man, I really appreciate. I got insanely fucking lucky. I talked myself into saying "i'm going" for like a month, knowing full well I was joking. I was monitoring the giveaway chances I heard about on Sirius and lost on Eddie Trunk's last Tuesday but got lucky enough to be one of the contestants on Friday morning during their "quiz giveaway" and was just lucky enough to win! Easy quiz but it got close and I won by a point. I was thrilled and it was also my birthday on the 11th so I consider this a late birthday gift to myself!

There's so many here I wish could go as well. It should be a fan thing since people like you and many others are all as hardcore if not more than me. I had to reup my Sirius subscription this month and basically held them hostage on the phone saying "I will not renew unless I get GNR tickets!!" :lol: As if they had anything to do with it or were actually able to help me (they weren't).

Either way I'm thrilled and OmarBradley's going with me too (no way he couldn't be my guest) and I expect we'll have an awesome time. Now the goal is to find Duff or Slash on the street and beg for Perfect Crime or Slither!!!

Thats awesome! Good for you. What station was doing the contests? I listen to sirius almost four hours a day during my long ass commute and never heard anything about contests (or got an email). I'm assuming its too late now, but glad to hear that some actual fans got tickets... enjoy the show!

34 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

Thats awesome! Good for you. What station was doing the contests? I listen to sirius almost four hours a day during my long ass commute and never heard anything about contests (or got an email). I'm assuming its too late now, but glad to hear that some actual fans got tickets... enjoy the show!

Channel 106 Volume. Eddie Trunk did one on his 5PM show on Hair Nation last monday, then gave away another pair on his Volume show on channel 106 Tuesday. Through that I heard that they were doing contests Friday at 9AM and 7PM. 9AM was call in, 7PM was in studio, I'm not sure how they picked you. I actually think Eddie Trunk may be giving away another pair either today or tomorrow but I'm not positive. He said that last week but maybe it changed. He hasn't said anything about it on Twitter where I follow him, but hope some other fans get lucky! I liked his, and the one I happened to do, because it was based at least a little on knowledge and not just a random call in.

• Like 1

Eddie actually JUST tweeted that he's giving away a final pair of tickets on his show tonight 5-8. I'm sure at 5 he'll say around when he's doing it. If its anything like his last one that should be helpful for fans here. I didn't get through last week, but it did seem it was fair if you did. So hope someone here gets those!

Tonight's show is his Hair Nation one. So channel 38 or 39, I forget exactly which.

Edited by gunsfanoldie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Channel 106 Volume. Eddie Trunk did one on his 5PM show on Hair Nation last monday, then gave away another pair on his Volume show on channel 106 Tuesday. Through that I heard that they were doing contests Friday at 9AM and 7PM. 9AM was call in, 7PM was in studio, I'm not sure how they picked you. I actually think Eddie Trunk may be giving away another pair either today or tomorrow but I'm not positive. He said that last week but maybe it changed. He hasn't said anything about it on Twitter where I follow him, but hope some other fans get lucky! I liked his, and the one I happened to do, because it was based at least a little on knowledge and not just a random call in.

Cool thanks man I will have to check out hair nation.

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

Really excited about the stream, I think too many people got angry about the way tickets are being distributed but it's cool to give us all a chance to hear the show live as it's happening. 

Can everybody hear that?? or have to be a subscriber?

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Can everybody hear that?? or have to be a subscriber?

You have to have Sirius. So either be a subscriber or have a free trial right now. Its just gonna be on their channel, so if you can hear that now you'll be able to hear the show, if you can't then either you need to get a Sirius trial or you'll have to wait till it inevitably comes on here.

4 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

You have to have Sirius. So either be a subscriber or have a free trial right now. Its just gonna be on their channel, so if you can hear that now you'll be able to hear the show, if you can't then either you need to get a Sirius trial or you'll have to wait till it inevitably comes on here.

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Yea if you can't find a way to listen to it then you're not trying hard enough...there are always free one week trials and other ways of getting it if you aren't willing to pay. 

lol "trying hard enough"... fuck these rich bitches :lol:

Ok. I get it. Fine. I'll wait til someone uploads it to YouTube or whatever :devilshades:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

If you have a car with XM radio, call now and get a free trial. I'm pretty sure you can do that. If not, it should not literally be up very quickly I'd guess. This place works fast.

I dont have a car. I don't even have a bike :lol:

Thank you but I live in the third world so none of this will work!

• Like 1