An open Letter from Axl Rose

dobadog

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am happy that axl is speaking on behalf of the band and himself!!!! he should.

as far as the former management... i dont know if that was the same management in november of '06,

however... i will say this i would rather a show be rescheduled than cancelled an refunded!!!!

i've never gotten to go to a show... i was supposed to go to the nov.29th,'06 show in milwaukee, wi.

i completely understand axl got sick, that don't bother me! what does bother me are 2 things.... 1. that the management

cancelled and did not wish to reschedule, i hold them at blame for that not the band!!! 2. so many fan's have been talking

b.s. and getting on Axl's case over this new album, my god... let the man freakin breath!!!!!

i'd rather them be able to reschedule the missed show's instead of canceling for the reason's Axl had mentioned.

not that i have a huge issue w/ their decision, but rather that in my mind... i can only wonder how much of this

was extremely pressured by both management and "certain fans"! i believe that we all should try and/or willingly,

(depending on what you can handle vs. another) entrust that Axl and the rest of the band will

do what's right and what they know will both help them and satisfy their fans! this may be an industry, but what happened to

the old ways of how the industry had been run? when the bands had real potential, not just a pretty face and a voice that can be

altered to sound good ( i'll be nice an not say names)! what happened to the industry management and leader's in the music business

that knew how to tour right let alone how to relate and work w/ the band's directly and see where their vision's were to work tword the

goals inwhich were set by the band's themselves, not by these air heads that clearly 90% of them have little or no clue as to what they are doing!

trust AXL, HE DOES KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING! OBVIOUSLY THE PAST HISTORY AND REPUTATION OF G'N'R SPEAK'S FOR ITS SELF!

if AXL MAY EVER READ THIS, THERE'S ONLY ONE THING I HAVE TO SAY:

do what you have to do, but do it YOUR way!!!!! it DID'NT fail in the past! ;)

Some of the songs scheduled for release on the new album were written before or during the Illusion Era and were recorded during the Illusion sessions. They were released/published unofficially as a bootleg titled Unwanted Illusions. The songs in reference are: Crash Diet, Bring It Back Home, Sentimental Movie, Just Another Sunday, The Blues (formerly titled Axl's Blues), and Tastes Good Don't It. If these songs are released on the new album, then copyright/royalty issues would definitely have to be established before the album's release. If an agreement cannot be reached, then former band members could prevent the album's release with this lawsuit or demand that the songs not be included on the album and not be officially released until such time that the matter can be resolved. That doesn't prevent him from performing the songs live, but it does affect whether he can receive royalties for the songs. Court dockets are public information, so information on this case should be available for around 8 cents per sheet at the Federal Court for the Southern District in San Diego, CA. I can't access the docket online because I'm not an attorney.

Are you saying that The Blues was co-written by Axl, Slash and Duff ?

even if just ONE of those songs (The Blues or Axl's Blues) was on CD, then a law-suit could be filed....the other songs dont have to be on there, just ONE

that's what I got from it....

but what I want to know is why Slash and Duff can claim rights to these songs when they were not released officially.

I'd like to know how ladydairhean knows those songs will be on the new cd? I remember reading an interview with Dizzy and he said The Blues was written by himself, tobias, and robin, and Axl did the lyrics of course. I seriously doubt any of those songs lady mentioned will be on Chinese Democracy.

• 2 weeks later...

Axl´s open letter;

"

With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience."

Where is release date?

bullshit

I don´t believe him

lies and more lies ... again

Axl´s open letter;

"

With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience."

Where is release date?

bullshit

I don´t believe him

lies and more lies ... again

There is no release date, at least according to Del's post on gunsnroses.com. Once the mixing of the album is done, they'll hand it over to the record company. At that point (I hope) we'll be notified and given a release date. After that, it's out of Axl's hands and all up to the record company.