VIDEOGAME Thread...

I've been watching a few of the GTA4 videos on the official site tonight. Bit slow on hearing it was updated.

I really, REALLY want one or two in-game videos because I'm confused about the graphics of this game. Sometimes it looks amazing and sometimes it looks rather shoddy. I understand that a free roaming game set in such a giant world isn't going to rival something like Gears etc and I'll always take lesser graphics for less pop-up and slowdown, but I do want it to look better than some of the screens have suggested.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up for it too much, to be honest. Rockstar have never been great when it comes to the technical side of things. They know what's fun and they have great self-awareness but who can say GTA3, VC or SA were good looking games that ran as well as they should have? Liars, that's who. With this being the next-gen it needs to be real polished otherwise I can see myself not enjoying it as much as I should. I mean, fuck, this is GTA4! I really don't want technical issues to distract me away from the experience they're trying to create.

Would it be worth picking up a Xbox 360 for just GTA 4 when it comes out? It seems like a waste of money...but the GTA's are just the best games you can get.

If you're getting a console JUST for GTA4.

Get a PS3.

As the world is pretty much moving on to Blu-Ray rather than HD-DVD, you're essentially upgrading your DVD player as well.

Also there's the fact that, the current Blu-Ray players are 1.0, or at best, version 1.1.

The PS3 is also this, but has the capability to upgrade to Blu-Ray 2.0

Stand-alone Blu-Ray players cannot do this.

So even if you got an Xbox 360 for GTA 4

Then got a Blu-Ray player, you'd end up getting rid of it for Blu-Ray 2.0.

Although there is the subject of what the big difference is between 1.1 and 2.0

and sadly, that's not alot.

Yeah but the whole thing would be that a 360 would be like $500 cheaper than a PS3, so if I got a PS3 for GTA, then I'd essentially be paying $800 for it instead of $400. Plus the 360 can be chipped (or a similer process/outcome), which could come in quite handy and work out rather cheaper. I don't know about the different graphics between the two though...

Edited by FunkyMonk

Yeah but the whole thing would be that a 360 would be like $500 cheaper than a PS3, so if I got a PS3 for GTA, then I'd essentially be paying $800 for it instead of $400. Plus the 360 can be chipped (or a similer process/outcome), which could come in quite handy and work out rather cheaper. I don't know about the different graphics between the two though...

PS3 / $400.....GTA 4 / $60.....Together $460....

So...how are you getting $500 cheaper when with both of those things, with whatever tax, you´re hardly spending $500 off the bat...

Edited by Axls_Shorts_Rule

So...how are you getting $500 cheaper when with both of those things, with whatever tax, you´re hardly spending $500 off the bat...

I exagerated a little bit, a 360 over here is about $300, whilst a PS3 is about $650 for the most basic ones you can get. So it's at least a saving of $300 if I got a 360. 

he's from Australia, so the prices are probably totally different. Plus I think they only sell the ps3 as bundles down there. I think

If you get it for the 360, you can also get the two exclusive downloadable 'episodes' which adds on to the game. (Microsoft paid $50 mil for them)

I use to get GTA for the ps2, but because of that I think I may buy it for the 360. Or maybe I'll get it for both.

April 29 ^_^

I exagerated a little bit, a 360 over here is about $300, whilst a PS3 is about $650 for the most basic ones you can get. So it's at least a saving of $300 if I got a 360.

360's are more like $500 dude.

Maybe he's talking about the core system, and you're talking about with the hard drive?

I was checkin' 'em out on Ebay today and the cheapest Buy It Now prices were about $300, but you could probably pick one up a little cheaper if you checked around a few bids.

Link me to a brand new xbox 360 for $300AU and i'll buy it for you. ;)

I was checkin' 'em out on Ebay today and the cheapest Buy It Now prices were about $300, but you could probably pick one up a little cheaper if you checked around a few bids.

:( I thought I had you there, but turns out the one I was looking at was used <_<.

Used 360 - $300

You can still buy it for me if you want :lol:

I picked my PS3 up for $650 and it came with a controller and $100 game.

:( I thought I had you there, but turns out the one I was looking at was used <_<.

Used 360 - $300

You can still buy it for me if you want :lol:.

:rofl-lol: