DIzzy and Ashba confirms New album being written

-Sephiroth-

It deserves it's own topic I think. In todays BA (Bergensavisen) which is a local newspaper, there's a five page gnr special. It has a interview with DJ and Dizzy who confirms a new album is being written. "Maybe it'll be released in 2011" Says Ashba.

My scanner won't work today, so I snapped a couple of photos of the newspaper:

IMG_4616.jpg

IMG_4617.jpg

Edited by -Sephiroth-

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need the exact quotation though...

Does the article really say "being written" ?

Or maybe it's "just" CD 2 he's talking about ?

It's in norwegian so an exact quote isn't possible as it's already been translated from english to norwegian before it went to the press

So, I think we can assume nothing is coming out this year.

Maybe, but i wouldn't put it all on DJ or Dizzy's word. Guns N Roses is all upto Axl. Writing a "new album" might actually mean writing some songs. We know from the past that not all Guns songs make it to the albums, and some songs are swapped around or reworked or thrown out or whatever. I don't think Axl came in and said "hey guys we are going to write a new album", especially with all the tracks in the vault, i just don't see Guns as working that way these days. I see it as collecting songs and seeing how it goes. Just my opinion though.

I think that if this thread is still alive by tomorrow and Dj hasn't denied anything, then, maybe, they are indeed writing something...

Or maybe he was talking about CD2 !

EDIT : oh alright...I hope that by "we" he means "the band AND Axl"...

Because otherwise...Ashba's Snakepit starts now :confused:

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Thanks to the original poster.

It's interesting for them to comment on that. Unless the translation went terribly wrong, I'd say it means a whole lot.

The band is kept so tight lipped, that for them to be allowed to mention something like that, means that it was intended.

I really think there is no other choice but to record and release an album following this touring. They need to continue the momentum or be done as a band. This is the time to make new GNR a mainstream success. If they don't release another album after this tour, I think it's over.

Well...it's mathematical...

GnR toured for Chinese Democracy from 2001 to 2010 because the album wasn't released yet.

After this tour they can either :

-Do another Greatest Hits tour...Which would be kinda lame.

-Release something...Which would be kinda great.

-Burst... :confused:

Another Chinese Democracy tour wouldn't make sense at all...

DJ says:

"We've been busy touring for a while, but we still find time to write songs. If it materializes, if will be an indredibly good album."

So it's just a tabloid newspaper jumping into conclusions yet again? What about the stuff about 2011?

My Norwegian is a bit rusty lately, but from what I can understand, I think Ashba is actually suggesting that date?

its not just a tabloid jumping into conclutions! this is a direct quote from an interview! this comes from ashba himself