Guns N' Roses nominated for rock n' roll hall of fame

Rovim

If GNR reunite to play, this won't be the place they do it at. When Pink Floyd was inducted, Billy Corgan sang with Gilmour.

I'm sure it'll be Fergie or Pink with a couple of GNR members playing SCOM, and a current band butchering up a GNR song. We all saw how well the Van Halen induction went. Dave didn't even show up for it.

Playing the Rock Hall is no different than playing a catering hall.

I think he should be in the middle of a live show, satellite that in to the Rock Hall, and do his thank yous from his own stage. Problem solved, he plays nice with Wenner for a few minutes, shows gratitude to fans, peers and critics, then goes back to enjoying the rest of his night. I don't think he needs to physically be there to thank people for supporting GNR. I think doing that in front of a sold out crowd on a big ass screen hovering over the original members of GNR watch would be funny, and just have someone on stage picking up his award, or they'd just have it there at the show.

Wenner likes GNR, he's all about controversy.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I think the current line-up.... you know Guns N' Roses the band should be inducted and perform. All former members chose to quit / get fired have missed the boat.

The concept of GN’R should be inducted (that includes every figure both past and present – from players to management, techs to groupies).

Fuck the politics.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Slash will definitely be there for the cameras. Duff will be there to develop contacts in his new field of finance. Izzy will be there out of fear of missing something. Steven will be there for the backstage coke. Axl will be watching a basketball game somewhere.

What a weird analysis. When has Izzy ever been afraid of missing something? And wouldn't this be an event that Steven would be the first to participate in, drugs or no drugs? I also think Duff has enough chances to market his business.

As of now, Guns are ahead of Heart :thumbsup:

Please vote people. Every vote counts!

http://rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll/

Actually, votes mean nothing. The inductees are hand picked by industry "insiders", they don't give a fuck who the public wants to see inducted.

Anyhow, it's cool to see them nominated. And I think the odds are VERY good that they'll get inducted this time around. I've got a bad feeling that the only members who'll get inducted will be Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven, but that's a discussion for another time.

Oh I meant for Guns to win the poll, not that it would help them to get inducted haha.

Guns currently in the lead as I voted.

Fuck yes though! As far as I knew, anyone who recorded on the artists officially released albums gets included on the induction. But hey, who knows. I ain't holding my breath on everyone showing up...but one sure as hell can hope. I'd hate to see a Van Halen all over again...

Would be surprising if they don't get in on the first ballot. There are quite a few comments on the Blabbermouth article complaining that GN'R wasn't around long enough. I didn't realize that career length had anything to do with it. It's called the Hall of FAME, not the Hall of Longevity. GN'R were the biggest rock band on the planet for at least 3 years and arguably longer than that. There are very few rock artists in history that can legitimately make this claim and back it up with album/ticket sales. And it's not like we're dealing with some bullshit Nickeback band here. The GN'R sound kicks ass (combo of AC/DC, Sex Pistols, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Zeppelin, Queen, etc.). If it weren't for the band's enormous success, some of the d-bags that complain about them would be singing high praise for them.

Edited by GNRfan2008

My prediction: Slash, Izzy, Steven and Duff will play instrumentals of a few songs while Axl sits at his table like a baby.

Axl will not be there if Steven and Saul show up. I mean one got fired in 1990 and the other quit the band over 15 years ago. :rolleyes:

Saul's going to be there so William will have to suck it up, wipe away his tears for not letting the entire new band go and not letting the old guys go, and either show up like an adult or make up an excuse why he isn't going/the whole ceremony sucks.

My guess for Axl, he'll release some sort of statement with obvious and subliminal jabs at the old band/the ceremony and Slash, Duff, Adler, and most likely Izzy will go and have a good time.

yep. pretty much.

yet another excuse for axl to play his favorite game: "LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!!!!"

My prediction: Slash, Izzy, Steven and Duff will play instrumentals of a few songs while Axl sits at his table like a baby.

Axl will not be there if Steven and Saul show up. I mean one got fired in 1990 and the other quit the band over 15 years ago. :rolleyes:

Saul's going to be there so William will have to suck it up, wipe away his tears for not letting the entire new band go and not letting the old guys go, and either show up like an adult or make up an excuse why he isn't going/the whole ceremony sucks.

My guess for Axl, he'll release some sort of statement with obvious and subliminal jabs at the old band/the ceremony and Slash, Duff, Adler, and most likely Izzy will go and have a good time.

yep. pretty much.

yet another excuse for axl to play his favorite game: "LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!!!!"

get a room you 2

you can do it all night long (adam sandler voice)

do you think axl will show up?

yep. pretty much.

get a room you 2

you can do it all night long (adam sandler voice)

do you think axl will show up?

Not if a certain former guitar player is going to crash the party....

Since him and Steven are already camping outside in a tent the answer is NO.

you can't crash a party you're invited to, honey. not to mention one the whole world wants to see you at.

you can't crash a party you're invited to, honey.

Invited? Really? Source?

not to mention one the whole world wants to see you at.

Source?

my source on the first thing? common fucking sense. gilby clarke or robin finck or bumblefoot or dj ashba ain't getting into the RRHOF without paying admission.

my source on the second thing? common fucking sense, plus a working set of ears and eyes.

Edited by Sonny Largo

Zero chance Axl will show. He can't show with the new guys an dhe won't show with former/original guys. He wishes Slash were dead, doesn't think to fondly of Steven or Matt. As far as the new guys, not really a band. It'd have to be all "I" wouldn't it if new guys were there? He couldn't really say "well, when we wrote AFD....".