The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

23 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, last year was the first season for The Masked Singer. The judges are funny.

I thought it started here already but its coming soon. Looking forward to it!

Do you watched: America Horror Story? The new season begins Wednesday, September 18. It takes place in 1984 at a camp! I hear Jason Voores coming now! lol

Yeah, I think it started maybe 4-5 years ago? Id so I started watching it with my ex and therefore didnt feel like continuing on with it. But time has passed and Id like to watch it again. Season one was about witches maybe??

The Good Doctor is so good. I love the actor Highmore, he was in Bates Motel. Another awesome show.

Now I just wanna re-watch Bates Motel! lol The mom and Norman are both so well acted!

Cool! Let me know how the sub is? Still missing my Italian bread from NYC. Nothing compares to that bread.

It was an Italian shop, yay!! So much crunch to the crust an such good soft chew to the bread. Some browning on the bottom side. Great bread! I had mortadella, turkey and salami with lettuce and red onion. Provolone. Artichoke heart mayo on one side and just a touch of tomato pesto on the other. Salt and pepper. :drool:

The bread here is the best in town. I with they would supply the other shops. Thats what I hope for now that the city is getting bigger. We have a local coffee roaster thats so good that it supplies many other places. And St Albert cheese curds are a must for any poutine joint. I want us to get breads and cold cuts like that two. I think many sandwich shops just use mass produced grocery store buns - boo.

Whats your favourite cold cut(s)?

How was "it" ??? :headbang:

I watched 

Impractical Jokers

Great News (netflix)

The Beaverton

Tasty - chef makes three course meal in rice cooker

Sounds like that sandwich was tasty. I love crunchy bread. Can't get it here. There's this specialty store called "Central market" that does have different breads. There french bread is crunchy but it doesn't have the same taste as breads from Brooklyn and Queens.

I did get to see "IT" chapter 2. So good. A little different from the original made for tv movie, but still very good. The changes that were made were awesome. Some scares too! Some people clapped when it was over.  I really liked the actors they picked to play the adults and when they would go back to the kids you could see them turning into those adults. I recommend seeing this movie especially if you saw the "IT" last year.

The first year of American Horror Story was about the haunted house in Hollywood.

I think the Witches was the 3rd season and last year too.

They've had a haunted carnival and a haunted hotel.

I've watched them all and liked them all too. can't wait for the new season. It seems to be doing a slasher theme. I saw the ad for a camp and it said American Horror Story 1984. I also read there might be a spin off with the Coven of Witches too.

19 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Sounds like that sandwich was tasty. I love crunchy bread. Can't get it here. There's this specialty store called "Central market" that does have different breads. There french bread is crunchy but it doesn't have the same taste as breads from Brooklyn and Queens.

I did get to see "IT" chapter 2. So good. A little different from the original made for tv movie, but still very good. The changes that were made were awesome. Some scares too! Some people clapped when it was over.  I really liked the actors they picked to play the adults and when they would go back to the kids you could see them turning into those adults. I recommend seeing this movie especially if you saw the "IT" last year.

Do you have a favorite sandwich order?

This order was a bit adventurous for me. Sadly, I doubt any of us will find as good as bread than Brooklyn and Queens any time soon. But at least you used to get it all the time - Im jealous! :lol:

Is Dallas known for any foods? Ive never been.

Im glad "IT" was good! I meant to see last years. Will have to see them both before it leaves theatres!

The first year of American Horror Story was about the haunted house in Hollywood.

I think the Witches was the 3rd season and last year too.

They've had a haunted carnival and a haunted hotel.

I've watched them all and liked them all too. can't wait for the new season. It seems to be doing a slasher theme. I saw the ad for a camp and it said American Horror Story 1984. I also read there might be a spin off with the Coven of Witches too.

Oh, I got ya. Okay, I think I will need to re-watch and catch up then, to jog my memory.

I love the concept. 

8 hours ago, soon said:

The beaverton

Masterchef - semi finals :headbang:

Gourmet Makes (BA)

Alex Eats It All (BA)

Iron Chef Canada - will watch tonight

Great News

I felt bad for the guy who went home. Guess we'll find out winner next week. I think all three of the last cooks are great and anyone of them can win.

I watched:

America Says

Some murder show

BH 90210

9 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I felt bad for the guy who went home. Guess we'll find out winner next week. I think all three of the last cooks are great and anyone of them can win.

I must admit I let out a cheer. He rubs me the wrong way. :shrugs:I feel like by now its a meme and everyone should know: never do risotto on MasterChef! lol

Sarah looked like she was about to faint during judging. I think she was mostly star struck by the guest judge though. Should be an exciting finale!!!

7 hours ago, soon said:

I must admit I let out a cheer. He rubs me the wrong way. :shrugs:I feel like by now its a meme and everyone should know: never do risotto on MasterChef! lol

Sarah looked like she was about to faint during judging. I think she was mostly star struck by the guest judge though. Should be an exciting finale!!!

I know anyone that cooks a risotto always messes it up. Even on Chopped! lol I didn't think he would become master chef anyway.

I watched:

Two sentences horror stories

Million Dollar real estate NYC

Guy's grocery games

All the talk shows J Lo was on! I just love her. Going to see Hustlers next Saturday with friends. Can't wait. This movie looks awesome!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, the finale of Master Chef. Three cooks fight for the title. I think it can go to any of the three of them. They are all good cooks.

I watched:

Web of Lies

Ink Master

Seinfeld

Tonight starts the new season of American Horror Story 1982. Can't wait! 

I caught Web of Lies last night, it was good.  The one about the lady who had the YouTube sewing podcasts.

I re-watched series one (1983-4) of the timeless Auf Wiedersehen, Pet. Subsequent series were good but nothing is better than the first series when they were in a hut on a Düsseldorf building site. It is far grittier and concise a series. Situating so much of it in a fixed location liberates the writing I feel - almost a Rear Window affect. Subsequent series, with bigger budget and more attractive climes than bleak Düsseldorf never possessed this - good as they were.

Acting and characters are so perfect: paternal leader figure Dennis; nerdy pseudo-intellectual Brummie Barry; ''hen-pecked'' middle class aspirant Neville; wise old west country sage Bomber; Wayne the cockney womanizer, and Moxy the reprobate scouser. And then there is Oz (Jimmy Nail on debut). Oz is elemental. Oz is primal. ''The Ultimate Geordie Male'', he has been sort of grown from the ground of Tyneside itself and unleashed upon the world.  

It was written by the same duo, Clement and La Frenais, who earlier did The Likely Lads, a show it shares an affinity with on account of its Tyneside basis. 

There are some interesting bits of trivia,

Spoiler

- Location wise, Hamburg tended to double-up for Düsseldorf for whatever reason (economic? permit?)

- London doubles up a lot for Newcastle, except of course obvious shots of the Tyne Bridge.

- much of it, the hut etc., was filmed in Hertfordshire. The actual building site was where the Eastenders site, Albert Square, was built.

- two occasional co-stars, playing Germans (Dennis's girlfriend Dagmar and Herr Grunwald), have cameos in The Empire Strikes Back. 

- Pat Roach (Bomber) was in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc and The Temple of Doom. He is the burly German who Indy fights with over the plane. In the latter film, black-faced, he plays the big Indian henchman character. Roach originally auditioned for Vader but Prowse got the role, however Lucas remembered him for his subsequent creation.

- Gary Holton (Wayne) was lead singer of the Heavy Metal Kids. He would later die of a drug-alcohol overdose in 1985 during filming of the second series, because of which there had to be subsequent edits and re-shoots accounting for his absence. 

guys's Grocery games

dog: Most wanted

American Horror Story 1984

Master Chef the finale. I was very pleased with who won, but I think the other chef should be offered a job in one of their restaurants because they were awesome too.

18 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I caught Web of Lies last night, it was good.  The one about the lady who had the YouTube sewing podcasts.

Yeah, it's a shame they always end up being murdered by some crazy person. She was super talented and had three kids. How sad is that? Also the second husband took custody of his daughter, so these kids were separated by their mom's death.  It's scary how many people let jealousy get so out of hand. 

• Like 1

Master Chef the finale. I was very pleased with who won, but I think the other chef should be offered a job in one of their restaurants because they were awesome too.

Yo - you called the final 2!! You mentioned them both really early on too! Impressive! Im glad for the winner but was surprised when they announced her, I thought she was slightly out done. But yeah, dudes "taste like old books" thing... um, no thank you :lol: Season 10 baby!! :headbang:

I think you are going to see Hustlers tomorrow - enjoy! :) 

Yeah, honestly, one of the judges should give the other runner up a job. She was excellent too. I mean Joe told the one person to come to one of his places to learn and maybe get a job. I think when you are in the top 2 you should also get a job. I mean the food that person made was amazing.

Yeah, going to see Hustlers tomorrow. Got my tickets. Can' t wait. I know it'll be very entertaining. lol

I watched:

Second sentence stories

Millionaire New York real estate

america Says

Seinfeld

Have a great weekend!

next week starts the Masked Singer for a second season. I know this time around there will be many more known entertainers. The show was a HUGE hit last Year! If you can watch it, I highly recommend it. The costumes this year are so much cooler!