The Guns N' Roses concert in São Paulo will be EMPTY

Originally published by Felipe Barbieri here.

Leaving our fanatism aside, we all know that Guns N' Roses and Axl Rose are not in a comfortable position here in Brazil. The Rock in Rio concert a couple of years ago was one of the worst in the history of the band, due to factors as the strong rain, poor production and the lack of prepare from Axl, who didn't seem to care about his voice and the bad press that it would generate.

I started to gather a few factors that convinced me that this concert will be a disaster in the aspect "AUDIENCE" - not that I want it to be, after all my ticket is already bought. See above:

1- The date of the São Paulo concert is way to close to other big concerts and festivals also in São Paulo (Metallica and Lollapallooza), so there will be a big variety of concerts on that time of the year.

2- Ticket prices: I don't even have to talk about it, do I? What about the convinience fee?! (Additional info: tickets reach almost 300 US$, and the convinience fee gets close to 50.)

3- Different from Blueticket - who's selling the tickets of the South leg of the tour - Ingresso Rápido doesn't let you divide the value, while Blue Ticket let you divide in 6 months.

4-On their last passage on the paulista capital, the concert wasn't sold out. It was crowded, but far from it's full capacity, and it was possible to buy tickets right before the concert started without any complication. It had been almost twenty years since Guns N' Roses had played in São Paulo, and that was what dragged a lot of people to check and see how the band was. Who's not such a big a fan and already saw them in 2010, won't go this time.

5- Awful press. The band release one or two notes on their facebook page, and the promoter so far didn't announce anything. I believe that if it wasn't for facebook pages like this one, most people wouldn't even know about it.

6- And now, the main reason why I believe this concert will be empty: You have to older than 16 years old! What?!

I just checked our page statistics, and from the almost 200 thousand people that like the page, the VAST MAJORITY comes from people younger than 16 years old. The fans who enjoy the most this new line-up are the youngest. And also, who's 16 or 17 years old will have to pay twice the price of the ticket so that someone "legally responsible" can take tham.

Not saying this guy doesn't have a valid point but it seems amusing that he is talking about a venue being empty followed by admittance that he already has a ticket. Perhaps most people will buy last minute or maybe they will just downsize venue. Sounds like promotion could be a lot better on Gnr's side, perhaps they don't view it as their responsibility.

I don't wish a poor SA reception on them by any means but as someone else said it might be interesting to see what it pushes them to do.

• Like 1

A tour failure is exactly what Axl needs. Once he sees he can't even fall back on touring, it would hopefully kick some sense into him to start focusing on studio music instead.

It wouldn't help, but if anything was going to this would be it.

I don't think it will but I am curious what his response would be if it was empty....

I doubt it would make him want to go back to the studio though :lol:

A tour failure is exactly what Axl needs. Once he sees he can't even fall back on touring, it would hopefully kick some sense into him to start focusing on studio music instead.

It wouldn't help, but if anything was going to this would be it.

I don't think it will but I am curious what his response would be if it was empty....

I doubt it would make him want to go back to the studio though :lol:

:lol:

Because nothing motivates Axl Rose like disappointment.